Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M4 Crash

Options
  • 01-01-2014 1:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭

Nasty looking crash on the M4 there just before Celbridge interchange . Car was on the far side going towards town , crashed into the hedgerow flipped and ended on the other side. Just missed it I think as the guards were just getting there ahead of me. Couldn't see anyone inside

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Hope everyone is okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭highdef

I also passed it about an hour ago. There was one garda car beside the upside down car in the hard shoulder on the westbound side (where I was) and one garda car on the far side which suggests that it had happened not long before (no fire or ambulance vehicles present). There was a lot of debris on the road and there was a large swath of hedging gone which would suggest that that car was airborne for a decent period in order to get over the barrier. There were a couple of gardai standing beside the upturned car and it looked like there were several people inside however I needed to pay attention to driving so only glanced over.
    I do hope the occupants are ok. The silver lining is that there was no car travelling on the westbound carriageway as the car passed over the westbound lanes. Doesn't make the situation any better but a similar incident on a rush hour weekday could have been a catastrophe.

Advertisement