Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Done my first tt today

Options
  • 01-01-2014 3:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭

Firstly a bit if background, in 28, been cycling for slightly over a year with my local club, doing weekly 60-80km spins. Also done several sportives ranging from 80-130km's. my local club have an annual ny eve tt, 16km's (10 miles in old money). Decided to take the plunge and enter this yrs race. When asked lady week I would have said I'd be happy to do it in a sub 35min time,. With a fairly tough head wind on the way out (first 9km's) I completed it in what I consider to be a respectable time of 28 mins 37 seconds (on a Alu frame road buke with no clip on tt bars)
    I'm hooked!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Well done. Great time!!!! did it myself. Very tough headwind is right. fair play. tis called the bug!!! You have been bitten. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

Well done. Great time!!!! did it myself. Very tough headwind is right. fair play. tis called the bug!!! You have been bitten. :)

Thanks Bryan, how did you get on?

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭RJM85

Dundalk man?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

lizzylad84 wrote: »
    Thanks Bryan, how did you get on?

Got on grand cheers. 26.22. will defo do again this year.:D

Advertisement