Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dropbox.

Options
  • 01-01-2014 5:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I've a folder of photos in Dropbox that I want to keep there but also want to send a copy of it to an external hard drive attached to my pc.
    Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

You mean you want to keep adding to the dropbox folder and use the external drive as a backup that syncs with it or you just want to copy what you currently have in dropbox to the external drive?

Do you want to sync the copy to the hard drive? Or just copy, which is just copy the folder to the Hard Drive... If sync is what you want, I suspect synctoy will be the tool that you need...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Hi.
    Thanks for the replies.
    I have a folder if photos in Dropbox that I want to keep there. However I also want to have that same folder on an external drive that I have too.
    Axwell wrote: »
    You mean you want to keep adding to the dropbox folder and use the external drive as a backup that syncs with it or you just want to copy what you currently have in dropbox to the external drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Can you not just copy&paste/drag&drop from the dropbox folder to the external drive?

That would be perfect. I wonder would that work? I do vaguely remember though being told before that this may corrupt the folder. If it can be done though certainly it's what I would do.

Can you not just copy&paste/drag&drop from the dropbox folder to the external drive?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

johnire wrote: »
    That would be perfect. I wonder would that work? I do vaguely remember though being told before that this may corrupt the folder. If it can be done though certainly it's what I would do.

If you just copy the contents it should be grand. I've copied thousands of files without issue

Ok... Thanks for taking the time to reply. I will try doing that and see how I get on.
    Happy New Year.

If you just copy the contents it should be grand. I've copied thousands of files without issue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭whizbang

Most issues with this are from users not waiting long enough to download all the files.
    Dropbox links up with windows to display the file names, but they are not available until sync is finished.

Advertisement