Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forever run

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭barryoneill50

yaboya1 wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry. Last time I checked my RHR, it was 39bpm.
    Maybe you've just got a low HRMax like me? (177bpm)

Yea you could be right there. I'm on the go for three hours when I check it. And I usually would have walked a mile. I better not check it the second I get up I might not find any pulse!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭pgmcpq

I have been told that the only consistent way to determine RHR is to measure it immediately after waking up. Otherwise it can vary by weather or stress level, or recent activity. A RHR that gets gradually lower is a sign you are getting fitter - celebrate it !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

pgmcpq wrote: »
    I have been told that the only consistent way to determine RHR is to measure it immediately after waking up. Otherwise it can vary by weather or stress level, or recent activity. A RHR that gets gradually lower is a sign you are getting fitter - celebrate it !

But not if you wake with an alarm clock as that can make it speed up.
    Best way to do it I find is: when you wake up, go for a pee, have a drink of water, go back to bed and relax. Take away your pillow and lie flat and think of England! I'd take it about 3 times and get an average.
    Seriously jealous of your beats barry. You're super fit:) so go celebrate as pgmcpq says:D

6 mile lunchtime run today. Felt a tad sluggish today not sure why.

RHR 10:00am, 42.5......

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DOCO12

Impressive hr Barry, you should def celebrate it.

• Advertisement

6.2 lunchtime miles again. Once again felt a little sluggish for the first 2/3 miles.
    It's more than likely due to the heat as only recently started running at this time of the day. All easy miles....

RHR 43, 9:00am

5.5 miles on a hilly trail this morning. Did 4 strides in the last mile, legs felt good after this run.....

Was planning on running in Dunlavin today but alas sh1t happened and I couldn't make it. I hadn't got time for a long run but managed to squeeze in a session later in the day.
    17x1min on/off
    First 4 were done too hard and I had to tone it down a bit.
    Next four I did them at about 10k effort
    Next four I start to up it a bit and was on about 5k effort after the 12th
    The last five I progressed along nicely and went flat out for the last two and was on my knees for the last one. Great session.
    With 2.5 miles warm up and the same for cool down, about 9 miles in total.
    RHR 43 10:00am.....

6.5 lunchtime miles again today. I'm definitely feeling the heat a bit at this time of the day but I'll persevere, no harm as long as I keep them easy.

RHR 42 1030 hrs

• Advertisement

Took the day off to complete a few jobs around the house and naturally enough I went running when I got up. They'll still be there when I get back I told her, not impressed........
    Anyway I went for a session today. 8x2mins on/off(jog). First two at about 10k effort and just went through the gears thereafter, doing the last one at about 1mile effort. Found this one a little tougher than the 16x1min session but got it done and recovered very well after, no issues.
    With warm up/cool down total 7.5 miles....

Another lunchtime run today. 7 easy miles, sweated buckets again.
    RHR 11:30 44.5.

Now I'll have another read of the "spat" thread. Relax peoples, reeeelaaaaax......

5 very slow very hilly miles this evening with 5 strides over the last two miles.

Long one for the morn......

RHR 42.5.......

2hr trot this morning. Ran the first 80 mins easy, then went hard for twenty mins(6:49 pace) and another 20 min easy. Good run, was hurting a bit towards the end of the hard section but recovered very well after.
    Covered about 15 miles in total.

RHR before run 43.....

A little sore this morning, especially the right hip area. Headed out along the wicklow coast for some easy miles to loosen up. Had a good old stretch afterwards, worked a treat, feeling nice and fresh now. Six miles in total....

Rest day. RHR 44, 0900hrs.

Today,
    7.3 lunchtime run. A bit cooler today and was floating along very nicely indeed. 5 strides towards the end
    RHR 41 1030hrs.

On a different note I'll have to bite my tounge before I post, those damned yellow cards:rolleyes:......ah well.......

Session today.
    5x 90sec followed by 5x45sec, all at fast pace. Flat out on each of the last reps. Did this on grass today for a change, ground hard and lumpy with some tight turns but nice for a change.
    6.2 miles total.
    RHR 44 1130hrs

6 easy miles along the canal today. Went by the Portobello pub, memories:rolleyes:.

RHR 09:00hrs.....42

A little over 6 easy, hilly miles this evening. Did 5 strides in the last two miles. Felt good on this run......

RHR 0900hrs. 41.5

Found an absolute gem this morning. Wicklow GAA's centre of excellence (don't laugh) about a mile out the road. It has six full size pitches. It's flat, virtually all on grass, very good ground and one lap is about 10 yards over the mile. Did 6 easy miles this morning. I plan on using this for some of my sessions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

Found an absolute gem this morning. Wicklow GAA's centre of excellence (don't laugh) about a mile out the road. It has six full size pitches. It's flat, virtually all on grass, very good ground and one lap is about 10 yards over the mile. Did 6 easy miles this morning. I plan on using this for some of my sessions.

Its nice that someone is using it:D

SamforMayo wrote: »
    Its nice that someone is using it:D

Ah yes, excellent! :pac:

Plan for today was 2hr run with the last 50 min at HEAE. I got roped into a local charity run, 15 miles so it suited grand. I was determined not to go mad and treat it as a decent training run. The run consisted of three 5 mile loops with a number of very nasty hills. The plan was to do the first lap easy and build up the pace from there. It went well enough and I finished with a time of 1:47 with a very strong possibility of it been less than the 15 miles.
    With warm up/down about 17 miles in total.......

Plan for today was 2hr run with the last 50 min at HEAE. I got roped into a local charity run, 15 miles so it suited grand. I was determined not to go mad and treat it as a decent training run. The run consisted of three 5 mile loops with a number of very nasty hills. The plan was to do the first lap easy and build up the pace from there. It went well enough and I finished with a time of 1:47 with a very strong possibility of it been less than the 15 miles.
    With warm up/down about 17 miles in total.......

what's that all about B:confused: Is it a secret?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DOCO12

Ososlo wrote: »
    what's that all about B:confused: Is it a secret?

I was wondering what this meant too?! :)

DOCO12 wrote: »
    I was wondering what this meant too?! :)

Let's guess:D
    I'll go for High End Aerobic Effort
    ?

Computer says
    Hyperacute Experimental Allergic Encephalomyelitis;
    Heavy Equipment Appraisal Experts (insurance) or
    High End Alternative Energy
    They wouldn't really make sense though:D

Let's guess:D
    I'll go for High End Aerobic Effort
    ?

You guess right! Did the boss not tell ya that one.:D

You guess right! Did the boss not tell ya that one.:D

NO:(
    Must be specially designed for you Barry!

• Advertisement

NO:(
    Must be specially designed for you Barry!

Had to check my notes to make sure I hadn't got if arse ways.

Advertisement