Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forever run

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭barryoneill50

6 hilly miles this evening. 5 miles slow/steady. Last mile a nice downhill section so decided to let gravity grab the legs. Didn't push that hard just let the legs go a bit, 6:43 last mile, legs felt great after it....

Plan today was 2hrs with 50mins HEAE. Didn't happen. Got through the first 8 miles @ about 8:10 and felt like crap, heavy legs and breathing not great. Took a break, had a swig of water and started the HEAE section. Bailed after two miles. Just wasn't right today. I'll take the day off tomorrow and see how I am Monday.

10miles.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Stazza

Plan today was 2hrs with 50mins HEAE. Didn't happen. Got through the first 8 miles @ about 8:10 and felt like crap, heavy legs and breathing not great. Took a break, had a swig of water and started the HEAE section. Bailed after two miles. Just wasn't right today. I'll take the day off tomorrow and see how I am Monday.

10miles.....

Smart move Bazza. Might be coming down with something. Rest up tomorrow and see what's what. If everything's ok and it's just an accumulation of fatigue, it might be an idea to bin your midweek session and have a supercompensation week (those pesky 16 17x1 mins might have fried you). The SCW (of sorts) will bring on the breakthrough. Sometimes you just need to step back for a few days/week and give your body a chance to work its magic. Well done for being smart; too many people push on when the prudent thing is to step away.

Stazza wrote: »
    Smart move Bazza. Might be coming down with something. Rest up tomorrow and see what's what. If everything's ok and it's just an accumulation of fatigue, it might be an idea to bin your midweek session and have a supercompensation week (those pesky 16 17x1 mins might have fried you). The SCW (of sorts) will bring on the breakthrough. Sometimes you just need to step back for a few days/week and give your body a chance to work its magic. Well done for being smart; too many people push on when the prudent thing is to step away.

I think it's just fatigue tbh. I'll take it handy next week. Have that 4 miler next Saturday anyway, so a handy week might not be any harm, cheers Stazza.

Day off yesterday. Few walks with the young fella and the dog.
    Thanks to siptu and nbru had the day off today. Got in about 9 hours sleep and headed out for a run. 6 very easy miles in the rain:). Felt good.
    Had some lovely homemade breakfast bars(thanks Stazza) when I got back.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Day off yesterday. Few walks with the young fella and the dog.
    Thanks to siptu and nbru had the day off today. Got in about 9 hours sleep and headed out for a run. 6 very easy miles in the rain:). Felt good.
    Had some lovely homemade breakfast bars(thanks Stazza) when I got back.....

He sent you homemade breakfast bars? What a coach! Looking after your every need!

Ososlo wrote: »
    He sent you homemade breakfast bars? What a coach! Looking after your every need!
    i robbed the recipe from his other log! Also made those nutty choc fudge bars as well, yum:p

i robbed the recipe from his other log! Also made those nutty choc fudge bars as well, yum:p

Careful with those Bam Bars: they are pretty powerful.

A little over 7 easy/hilly miles this evening. I love hills:cool:.....

6 easy lunchtime miles today. Felt like I was floating. All good.
    I'll do another easy one tomorrow evening with strides. I might rest up Friday and be nice and fresh for the race Saturday(3/4 miles at most).....

• Advertisement

6 easy lunchtime miles today. Felt like I was floating. All good.
    I'll do another easy one tomorrow evening with strides. I might rest up Friday and be nice and fresh for the race Saturday(3/4 miles at most).....

I love that floating feeling!
    What's the race?

Ososlo wrote: »
    I love that floating feeling!
    What's the race?

Tinryland 4 mile(Carlow). First time running it but it's a very decent race by all accounts. It's on the go for the last 30 odd years!

Tinryland 4 mile(Carlow). First time running it but it's a very decent race by all accounts. It's on the go for the last 30 odd years!

Great. I've never run a 4 mile race. Best of luck!

6 hilly miles this evening. Increased the effort for the hills, 6 strides on the flat and took it handy down the hills. Nice run, little bit of a workout......

Tinryland 4 miler today. Aim was to try and hit my recent 5k pace and come in around the 25:40 mark.
    Virtually all the downhill came in the first mile and the split for this one came in at 5:43. On paper it seems too fast but the effort felt right. The next 3 miles basically consisted of a mix of flat and drag sections with a tough enough last half mile. Mile 2, 6:23. Mile 3, 6:47. Mile 4, 6:22.
    I think I ran a good race and especially happy with that last mile.
    Chip time 25:16. PB by 1:15.:)
    7 miles total.

Had cake and tea with the lovely career move today, nice to meet ya!

Well done Barry! Fab PB. All those hilly runs are paying off!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

Tinryland 4 miler today. Aim was to try and hit my recent 5k pace and come in around the 25:40 mark.
    Virtually all the downhill came in the first mile and the split for this one came in at 5:43. On paper it seems too fast but the effort felt right. The next 3 miles basically consisted of a mix of flat and drag sections with a tough enough last half mile. Mile 2, 6:23. Mile 3, 6:47. Mile 4, 6:22.
    I think I ran a good race and especially happy with that last mile.
    Chip time 25:16. PB by 1:15.:)
    7 miles total.

Good man. Had C_M the cat with her:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

Likewise :D
    SamforMayo wrote: »
    Good man. Had CM the cat with her:D
    FYP :P

Tob job, Bazza. Good to see the hard work paying off.

SamforMayo wrote: »
    Good man. Had C_M the cat with her:D

Cat.... I won't ask!

• Advertisement

Felt nice and fresh this morning so headed out for a few recovery miles. It was such a nice morning I ended up doing 11:D. Probably bad idea after yesterday's race but the legs felt fresh enough so I just went with it, all good........

Legs were telling me off yesterday, especially both hamstrings so I treated them to a rest.

Got out for 6 relaxing miles this evening, usual profile^^^^^^...... All good.....
    RHR 41 (a while since I checked it) 0900 hrs....

6 easy lunchtime miles today. Felt a bit sluggish.......

Local fit4life 5k this evening. Perfect conditions, lovely flat course, no excuses really.
    Plan was to hold back for the first mile then see what I could do. Just before the start it was announced we were going to have pacers! This worked out great for me as I was able to tag on to the 20min man(cheers Dom, aka beepbeep67) for the first mile without any difficulty and pushed on from there.
    Got round in 19:32. 16 sec PB. Things are starting to come together very nicely indeed.
    5.5 miles total...

Well done, Bazza. Congrats on the pb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

Nice work Barry :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Well done on the PB - great stuff.

Delighted to read this barry. You're really going from strength to strength.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

Great stuff, well done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Well done Barry

Advertisement