Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forever run

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Sorry about today Barry but as Stazza said, well done for battling through. Can't have been easy. I'd love to hear more about the race if you decide to do a report.
    Enjoy the 14 days off. Sounds like you're gonna need them to prepare for what's ahead:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Good to meet you today Barry - sorry it didn't work out for you but you are definitely not alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭barryoneill50

Tom Joad wrote: »
    Good to meet you today Barry - sorry it didn't work out for you but you are definitely not alone.

You too John. A lot of casualties alright ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭barryoneill50

Athlone HM 1:44:xx
    Simple really, I should have adjusted for the conditions especially having experienced something very similar last year.
    Went with the 1:30 pacer and all was good for the first 5 miles, in fact I was under absolutely no pressure whatsoever. Then in the space of 30 seconds I went from a comfortable 6:48 pace to been literally on my hands and knees in the ditch. I was dizzy and the tummy was cramping up. Race over. I came too and was walking back. I decided to try it again and am glad I did. Although I endured another 8 miles of pure hell it was a bit bitter sweet sweet at the finish.
    Great bloody race though. I'll be back next year aiming for a sub 80:eek::D
    Going to take a break for a while now. I'll be back with a bang and a nice new log!

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DOCO12

Sorry to hear it didn't go as planned Barry. From what I've been hearing there was so many casualties yesterday. I know I for one wouldn't have coped with the heat either. Enjoy the well deserved break and you will be back stronger than ever!

• Advertisement
Advertisement