Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forever run

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭barryoneill50

Felt a bit better today, not 100% but decided to have a crack at the planned session.

8miles: 2 easy 4@hm effort 2 easy.

Splits for the hm miles were;
    6:32, 6:56, 6:56, 6:45. Average pace 6:47.

First mile way to fast and had to pull in the reigns, settled into the pace well for miles 2/3 and picked it up for the last mile.
    Not too sure what to make of these as they felt hard which I put down to not feeling 100% yet. It must also be noted that I ran these on a hilly trail course so I suppose I should be happy with these. Still have not decided on a goal pace for wexford hm as yet, probably around 7:00m/m pace. But I'll decided next week when I'll be giving 6 miles @hm effort on the road a shot........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Felt a bit better today, not 100% but decided to have a crack at the planned session.

8miles: 2 easy 4@hm effort 2 easy.

Splits for the hm miles were;
    6:32, 6:56, 6:56, 6:45. Average pace 6:47.

First mile way to fast and had to pull in the reigns, settled into the pace well for miles 2/3 and picked it up for the last mile.
    Not too sure what to make of these as they felt hard which I put down to not feeling 100% yet. It must also be noted that I ran these on a hilly trail course so I suppose I should be happy with these. Still have not decided on a goal pace for wexford hm as yet, probably around 7:00m/m pace. But I'll decided next week when I'll be giving 6 miles @hm effort on the road a shot........

Go with the pacer ;)

Gavlor wrote: »
    Go with the pacer ;)

They have 1:31:xx pacers now do they:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Gavlor

They have 1:31:xx pacers now do they:D

Nah, ecoli is sitting this one out ;)

Ha!!!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Second insult of the day

Quick where are my mod buttons :mad::D:D

5 boring mucky recovery miles today. Fit 4 life 3k tomorrow night, friend of mine looking to do it. Might pop up along and give it a bash, I'll see how the pins are........

Fit 4 life 3 k

Oh what a horrible experience. First and last 3k, nothing less than 4 milers from now on. Here are my excuses: after about 600m I slipped on mud and ended up trying to avoid a group of spectators resulting in a loss of three places and about 5-10 seconds. After about 1500m the breathing was shot and my race was over.
    I struggled home in about 11:50 and spent the rest of the evening coughing up bits of my lungs. Obviously still not over whatever illness/virus I had/have.

Very disappointed with this run as I think I should be knocking 3k out in about 11:20. Not one positive to be got from this race, very disheartening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Plenty of positives in there.

You've the experience of the race and what they take. 5k's shouldn't be too much easier.
    The race itself will act as a great vo2 workout for you, hence improving your fitness level.
    Maybe your fall indicates you need different runners for these races.
    Running a hard race after an illness, you'll know better next time.

I've never done a 3k, so you've got a PB on me now :) - there's another positive.

Plenty of positives in there.

You've the experience of the race and what they take. 5k's shouldn't be too much easier.
    The race itself will act as a great vo2 workout for you, hence improving your fitness level.
    Maybe your fall indicates you need different runners for these races.
    Running a hard race after an illness, you'll know better next time.

I've never done a 3k, so you've got a PB on me now :) - there's another positive.
    It'll be a long time before I get a second pb on you! It's the first illness of any significance I've had since I've started running so yes your 100% right, I won't be making that mistake again:)

• Advertisement

Steady 6.2 miles tonight. I was down arklow way so was able to run a new route. Headed out Castletown way, lovely run, I shall be doing it again.......

16 miles steady 8:15 pace average. Finished it off with a mile at hm effort (7:00pace). Very happy with this run today especially with the finish, a real confidence booster after the disaster that was Thursday night. Recovery 5-6 miles tomorrow........

5 miles recovery. All good....

Rest day yesterday.

Bit of pick and mix tonight, get your heads around this session!

1 mile warm up
    2 mile at 10k effort (6:25 pace)
    3 min rest
    1 mile at 5 k effort (6:18 pace)
    1 mile easy
    2 1/2 miles at hm effort (6:50 pace)
    2 mile cool down

All above done on a tough trail route so happy with the session especially 2 1/2 at hm effort. 9 1/2 miles in total.
    Easy miles planned for the rest of the week, maybe with a few strides.
    On Saturday I'm planning a 13-14 mile run with two sets of 3 miles at hm pace in the middle of the run and a strong last mile.

Wed 09.04.14

6 hilly miles, took it nice and handy.....

Headed out for 6 miles today had to wrap it up at four, legs very weak:confused: not sure why, maybe a delayed reaction from Tuesdays session....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Headed out for 6 miles today had to wrap it up at four, legs very weak:confused: not sure why, maybe a delayed reaction from Tuesdays session....

That was a tough session on Tuesday after a 3k race - I'd say it just caught up with the legs - good sensible call on pulling the plug when you did.

Felt a good deal better this evening, 7.7 miles nice and steady...

Plan this morning was 4m steady, 10k at hm effort and 4 miles easy. Probably a bit too much at hm effort but what the hell...

Got through it. Did the hm section at 7:03/mile pace. About 5 seconds per mile slower than I wanted but happy enough considering a few recent tough sessions. Legs a bit heavy towards the end of the run and the breathing still not 100%. All of this considered I'll be going for 91-92 mins for the wexford hm, all I have to do now is make sure the legs are well rested and away I go........

6 recovery miles this morning, nice and relaxing. Rest day tomorrow legs should be very relieved........

• Advertisement

Had a rest day planned today but the whether was so good I couldn't resist. 5 very slow miles to flex the pins.....

8.1 miles this evening. Lovely run around Avondale estate (again). Felt so good I decided to spice the run up a bit and did 2.5miles at hm effort. I didn't keep an eye on the pace during the run, just timed it and checked it at the end. 17:15 minutes. 6:54 pace. A bit strange really as they felt so much easier than the hm miles during last Saturdays session and this was on a hilly route. 9 sec/mile quicker today. Nearly time to start toning things down a bit now, oh the joys of tapering.............

Wed 16th well deserved rest day.....

Thursday 17th 7.1 miles with last mile at mp just to get the blood flowing.

We shall see what tonight brings.....

7.5 miles steady all good...

5.1 very easy miles early this morning blah blah blah blah........

10.5 miles steady this morning. All good. A handy enough week coming up then time to show wexford how it's done:cool:.........

Rest day Monday

Unplanned rest day yesterday. Junior decided he wanted to play indoor rugby with the resident jack Russell (Billy). Billy managed to tackle junior around the ankles and head first he went into the corner of a wall. It wasn't pretty been able to see the white of of the skull but it wasn't as bad as it looked thank god. He enjoyed the trip in the ambulance! Anyway, all good now except for the new zip in his head.....

8 miles steady tonight, didn't feel the vibes, breathing not good.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Rest day Monday

Unplanned rest day yesterday. Junior decided he wanted to play indoor rugby with the resident jack Russell (Billy). Billy managed to tackle junior around the ankles and head first he went into the corner of a wall. It wasn't pretty been able to see the white of of the skull but it wasn't as bad as it looked thank god. He enjoyed the trip in the ambulance! Anyway, all good now except for the new zip in his head.....

8 miles steady tonight, didn't feel the vibes, breathing not good.....

Hope the young lad is ok, its a scar he'll be able to regail the ladies with when hes older!!

tang1 wrote: »
    Hope the young lad is ok, its a scar he'll be able to regail the ladies with when hes older!!

He's grand now. He is taking great joy showing everyone already!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

tang1 wrote: »

Exactly. Chicks dig scars:D
    Hope he'll be ok.

Advertisement