Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hip Hop 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,916 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Oxymoron, could easily be better than GKMC if the released songs (some of which aren't even on the album) and his recent features are anything to go by..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Brendan Filone

Curren$y ft. Action Bronson – God Father 4. This is dope, it will be featured on Curren$y 's mixtape "The Drive In Theatre", which is due to drop soon. I think Bronson edged him on this track.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

new Cudi album in Feb
    attachment.php?attachmentid=21749&d=1390846631

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Isaiah Rashad's Cilvia Demo mixtape/EP thing dropped tonight. It is excellent.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

a few new bits and bobs. Mello Music Group have released 2 compilations, Mandela Vol I & II.

http://mellomusicgroup.bandcamp.com/album/mandala-vol-1-polysonic-flows

http://mellomusicgroup.bandcamp.com/album/mandala-vol-2-todays-mathematics

Just listened to Vol I so far and really like it.

J57 has dropped an EP that you can listen to on:
    http://www.urb.com/2014/01/27/j57-wax-aesthetic/

Blu has dropped a compilation of his music either from his albums, other albums, mixtapes and freestyles. 44 tracks in all for the first installment:

http://nwc2012.bandcamp.com/album/soul-amazing-part-one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

New snippet from Oxymoron. Can't wait to hear this album!

https://www.soundcloud.com/topdawgent/schoolboy-q-gangsta

New Yella continuing the Box Chevy series on Love Story. Hopefully Eminem as absolutely nothing to do with the this album, unlike Radioactive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

MD1990 wrote: »
    new Cudi album in Feb
    attachment.php?attachmentid=21749&d=1390846631

Pretty much turned into a cudi fan overnight in the lead up to his last album largely down to spotify.

Just so easy to go through artists previous work and listen to it without the hassle of downloading or searching for videos on YouTube.

On yelawolf I saw something last week about him getting in trouble over the old redneck flag or something like that. He's another artist that's just fell of the radar entirely , never lived up to the hype.

On yelawolf I saw something last week about him getting in trouble over the old redneck flag or something like that. He's another artist that's just fell of the radar entirely , never lived up to the hype.

Radioactive was just crap. I read how he wanted to do certain things and Eminem persuaded him to not to and Yela wasn't happy about it. Wish he would have signed with Strange Music like Rittz did.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Alexander Spit dropped a class new track -> https://soundcloud.com/alexanderspit/pool-shark-feat-davinci

After that Pool Shark track, now I have to go and listen to all of A Breathtaking Trip again.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    After that Pool Shark track, now I have to go and listen to all of A Breathtaking Trip again.

Rookie move, you need to listen to the Breathtaking Trip EP first, then the LP.
    This is not a bad thing :)

• Advertisement

Radio rip of a new MadGibbs track featuring Earl & Domo. This album is going to be something special.

https://www.soundcloud.com/rappcats/freddie-gibbs-madlib-robes

HighClass wrote: »
    Radio rip of a new MadGibbs track featuring Earl & Domo. This album is going to be something special.

https://www.soundcloud.com/rappcats/freddie-gibbs-madlib-robes

Sound quality is terrible, and the punch ins are quite annoying.
    Did I hear Gibbs singing?? :eek:

Really looking forward to this album, I hope that some or all of what has been released up until today will not ba on the album, so we get an albumsworth of freshness.

Boom_Bap wrote: »

Really looking forward to this album, I hope that some or all of what has been released up until today will not ba on the album, so we get an albumsworth of freshness.

High (feat. Danny Brown)
    Broken (feat. Scarface)
    Robes (feat. Earl Sweatshirt & Domo Genesis)
    Real

Those are the confirmed tracks for the album so far afaik. They've done stuff with Mac Miller, Ab Soul, Raekwon, Joey Badass & a bunch of others as well though. I'm just hoping it doesn't end up being too feature heavy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

It's being released on March 18th.

I found a link and it says this on it. It's by some guy called Ronnie Reese.
    The perfection is apparent on the album, where Gibbs shifts from textbook lessons in robbing and drugging on tracks like "Scarface" and "Knicks," to perhaps the album's most personal song, "Broken," a collaboration with Scarface, who, along with Tupac, DMX and 50 Cent, make up the rapper's own Mount Rushmore of MCs ("You're getting a hurricane of all those mother****ers hitting you at once when you listen to Freddie Gibbs," he says). "Deeper," a Gibbs favorite and the third single from the album after "Thuggin'" (2012) and "Shame," (2013) is an ode to hip-hop in the mold of Common's "I Used to Love H.E.R."; "High," featuring Danny Brown, is self-explanatory and just what you would expect from Gibbs, Madlib and one of Detroit's finest; while on "Real," Gibbs addresses an old score just as Michael Corleone settled all family business on baptism day.

It's tracks like "Real" that makes fans believe Gibbs' claim that "I'm about to show niggas how to rap again." And he's just as loyal. "As long as I keep satisfying them," he says, "everybody else is going to fall in line.

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=mhu9hscab&v=001w_-M_3FUdLcV_NxSJIpgefZiQeNmxKQtLHjqO922NtCuH-Jz0Th9QfhqUpE6wZwrcgPSfE64picJ3QK9_rA_ttYQSY5ffN4xF4HIFkW6aqpL31f5jZLWV8G-sJyxsTvbZgEZcIkcJYbeiCztGIIOqOCHmvMuIHISbrvANq7_tcBmfEsmC6qjrSKFRUGdcQRy5C0bB1r2viFDd6ZExv61ZroHU2X-yQN-jZmShdSlTEz0R8SpHYzQrFhxRyoIeru6kjvnf3KhAIsOvKkQ9shgG9AomxbXBXkK3_efvAnc7L1J8qYf8H3T3Mbglv3cLJORAXJ6pusDcvYPK3eC_i0V3A%3D%3D&id=preview

Apologies about the long link.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Oleg Luzhny

New video from Bristol rapper ThisisDA.

• Advertisement

Has anyone streamed schoolboy Q's new album ? I seen on his Facebook there was a preview available, might be just available in America though.

Has anyone streamed schoolboy Q's new album ? I seen on his Facebook there was a preview available, might be just available in America though.

Is it not just that the snippets are available on iTunes or something like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Brendan Filone

New music from by Mobb Deep off their new self-titled album:

There's rumours going about that Puffy is going to pull the plug on Bad Boy and is winding down by moving staff to other ventures, tho a rep has came out and downplayed the rumours.

Definitely a historic label with classics under it's banner and arguably one of the best ever artists of all time.

The labels really struggled though in years gone by. tbh a lot of successful labels have as well probably IMO due to the decline in sales and the fusion of hip hop and pop hence jay z being so successful with roc - nation with the likes of rhianna etc.

Long gone are the days you'd a hear a track like whoa from black rob dominating the airwaves as if it was a smash pop hit.

Like whoa, that has to be one of the finest tracks to come out of bad boy !!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

Dipset!

This is the best Cam has sounded in years, cannot wait for the EP to drop :cool:

http://pitchfork.com/news/53756-listen-camron-and-a-trak-humphrey/

nice one from cam, I just watched paid in full last night too for the first time, plays a good part.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

George Zimmerman has signed up for a celebrity boxing match. Apparently The Game is being lined up as his opponent

0130-the-game-george-zimmerman-article-tmz-getty-1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Just pre-ordered Oxymoron deluxe on iTunes and you get the 4 songs released so far, is that new? I don't remember that with BTI,GKMC or any other albums I bought recently.

There were tweets from TDE yesterday indicating that the Ab Soul album is getting close.

dangeroo kipawaa TDE @dangerookipawaa Follow #Blacklippastor coming soon...#TDE

There was also a track released:

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/singles/id.26560/title.Ab-Soul-Titenas

But I think this is an old one.

And here's the non delux track list for SchoolBoy Q:

1. “Gangsta”
    2. “Los Awesome” (f. Jay Rock)
    3. “Collard Greens” (f. Kendrick Lamar)
    4. “What They Want” (f. 2 Chainz)
    5. “Hoover Street”
    6. “Studio” (f. BJ the Chicago Kid)
    7. “Prescription/Oxymoron”
    8. “The Purge” (f. Tyler, the Creator & Kurupt)
    9. “Blind Threats” (f. Raekwon)
    10. “Hell of a Night”
    11. “Break the Bank”
    12. “Man of the Year”
    13. “His & Her Friend” (f. SZA)
    14 “Grooveline Pt. 2″ (f. Suga Free)
    15. “F**k LA”

• Advertisement

I still haven't checked out the first Dag Savage album yet.....but I'm currently listening to a stream of the new one called E&J.

http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2014/02/03/dag-savage-ej-album-stream/

This is excellent, those pinning for the sameish sounding record to Blu & Exile's 'Below The Heavens' should take a listen. Although not so much laid backness as Blu brings to the table.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭TheMza

George Zimmerman has signed up for a celebrity boxing match. Apparently The Game is being lined up as his opponent

0130-the-game-george-zimmerman-article-tmz-getty-1.jpg

Not the Game, he's fighting DMX!

TheMza wrote: »
    Not the Game, he's fighting DMX!

Game would have been better. He's younger, faster, stronger.
    But DMX should win as well. He's 13 years older than Zimmerman at 43.
    DMX needs to make sure he is prepared, Just in case. Losing is not an option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭TheMza

Fact, if it was a street fight you'd fancy DMX all day, but Zimmerman looks a bit beefy, if he catches DMX with a sweet punch it could be lights out!

But yeh losing is not an option, personally I'd send in Ghost and Meth for the double team!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Is this what americans are actually into hahaha holy ****, a crack head ex con well past it rapper having a boxing match with a scum of the earth child murderer.

I never thought i'd ever have to say those words in my life

TheMza wrote: »
    Fact, if it was a street fight you'd fancy DMX all day, but Zimmerman looks a bit beefy, if he catches DMX with a sweet punch it could be lights out!

But yeh losing is not an option, personally I'd send in Ghost and Meth for the double team!

Hope DMX does some proper training, I'm sure there will be no shortage of professional fighters offering to help him train.

DMX is a bit too cracked out these days for this to be a fair fight. Last time I seen a picture of him he looked like Tyrone Biggums. Zimmerman will go 2-0 I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 88 ✭✭AG918

I think Game would have been a safe bet but hopefully DMX has what it takes to win.
    DMX wrote:
    "I am going to beat the living **** out him. I am breaking every rule in boxing to make sure I **** him right up. Once I am done with him, I am going to whip my dick out and piss on him...right in his mutha****in' face...Zimmerman is a piece of **** and that’s what he needs to drink."

Is there a date set?

• Advertisement

Ah, the old fashioned tale of turning a murderer into a celebrity and people going along for the ride.

In other proper news, Grieves has just announced a new album dropping on 25th March on Rhymesayers (sanz Budo). Album is called 'Winter And The Wolves'.
    And here is a jam from it -> https://soundcloud.com/rhymesayers/grieves-shreds

Guess Budo is too busy playing the Grammys with Macklemore haha. Nice song, album pre-ordered :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭baddebt

its a joke ,
    this fccker is amurderer , and now getting celeb status ,

if the shoe had have been on the other foot and zimmermann was killed , would the killer get celeb status ...HELL NO.

and the fact DMX or Game or whoever it is shows nothing but despriation for money on their behave....no morals.

Rant over.

Highly recommend the Isaiah Rashed EP called 'cilvia demos' that was realeased. Really really good EP.....well, it's probably in album territory.
    Full stream is on youtube:

Madlib guest mix on BBC the other day. New Madvillian & Yasiin Bey(Mos Def) in the mix.

http://www.mixcloud.com/benjib/madlib-special/?utm_source=redirect&utm_medium=shorturl&utm_campaign=cloudcast

DMX of old without a doubt yes !, have ye seen cradle to the grave :D. Sad situation though but id expect nothing less , its America after all. Never the less they should of went with a rapper who has boxed before imo, like previously said zimmerman has a weight advantage over X, one proper connection and its lights out.

Its only 3 rounds too but I can actually see X breaking the rules if zimmerman is getting the better of him like said he would and the fight being stopped.

• Advertisement

DMX of old without a doubt yes !, have ye seen cradle to the grave :D. Sad situation though but id expect nothing less , its America after all. Never the less they should of went with a rapper who has boxed before imo, like previously said zimmerman has a weight advantage over X, one proper connection and its lights out.

Its only 3 rounds too but I can actually see X breaking the rules if zimmerman is getting the better of him like said he would and the fight being stopped.

DMX is in danger of underestimating Zimmerman. Zimmerman won't be that bad, He's been training.

I still haven't checked out the first Dag Savage album yet.....but I'm currently listening to a stream of the new one called E&J.

http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2014/02/03/dag-savage-ej-album-stream/

This is excellent, those pinning for the sameish sounding record to Blu & Exile's 'Below The Heavens' should take a listen. Although not so much laid backness as Blu brings to the table.
    Madlib guest mix on BBC the other day. New Madvillian & Yasiin Bey(Mos Def) in the mix.

http://www.mixcloud.com/benjib/madlib-special/?utm_source=redirect&utm_medium=shorturl&utm_campaign=cloudcast

Thank goodness for these posts. I though I had wandered into the "Everything else..." thread for a while.

I like that mix. Great to hear some Gibbs in there too.

I listen to Radio 1 a lot when driving. Mainly the breakfast show and the show at 5. What time is that guy on at do you know? Is it hip hop heavy or just a once off?

Here's the cover and tracklist for MadGibbs album! If anyone has seen Freddie Gibbs Vine account you'll know how classic Watts is going to be!

353745.jpg

1. Supplier
    2. Scarface
    3. Deeper
    4. High (feat. Danny Brown)
    5. Harold’s
    6. Bomb (feat. Raekwon)
    7. ****sville
    8. Thuggin’
    9. Real
    10. Uno
    11. Robes (feat. Domo Genesis & Earl Sweatshirt)
    12. Broken (feat. Scarface)
    13. Lakers (feat. Ab-Soul & Polyester the Saint)
    14. Knicks
    15. Shame (feat. BJ The Chicago Kid)
    16. Watts (feat. Big Time Watts)
    17. Piñata (feat. Domo Genesis, G-Wiz, Casey Veggies, Sulaiman, Meechy Darko & Mac Miller)

Here's the cover and tracklist for MadGibbs album! If anyone has seen Freddie Gibbs Vine account you'll know how classic Watts is going to be!

353745.jpg

1. Supplier
    2. Scarface
    3. Deeper
    4. High (feat. Danny Brown)
    5. Harold’s
    6. Bomb (feat. Raekwon)
    7. ****sville
    8. Thuggin’
    9. Real
    10. Uno
    11. Robes (feat. Domo Genesis & Earl Sweatshirt)
    12. Broken (feat. Scarface)
    13. Lakers (feat. Ab-Soul & Polyester the Saint)
    14. Knicks
    15. Shame (feat. BJ The Chicago Kid)
    16. Watts (feat. Big Time Watts)
    17. Piñata (feat. Domo Genesis, G-Wiz, Casey Veggies, Sulaiman, Meechy Darko & Mac Miller)

Mayne. I can't wait.

I have high hopes for Robes. Loved his other song with Domo. It's dope.

I know others will be disappointed to see 'old' songs on there, but I think all three of them are so strong that they had to be on it. Thuggin' is close to a classic in my opinion. It's brutal.

I know that the Domo song is out already but I want to wait to hear it as part of the whole album. The last time I tried this was with Ghostface last year and that was a shambles. I hope this doesn't go tits up like that did.

Anyone know anywhere reliable that I could buy it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Have we a release date on that MadGibbs release?

I've been doing homework on Gibbs lately and am becoming a big fan.

• Advertisement
Advertisement