Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a printer

Options
  • 01-01-2014 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭

Where can I buy a good second hand printer?

I am looking for all-in-one printer (printer, copier) with 30-40euros range.
    I checked already on adverts.ie but they are selling without ink.
    Or if not second hand, where can I buy brand new printer with a good price?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Where can I buy a good second hand printer?

I am looking for all-in-one printer (printer, copier) with 30-40euros range.
    I checked already on adverts.ie but they are selling without ink.
    Or if not second hand, where can I buy brand new printer with a good price?
    Thanks

Harvey Norman have some decent ones for around that price. Absolutely no reason to buy a second hand printer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Deise67

bought a 3 in 1 in pcworld for €59 , HP seems to be ok !

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Argos have a sale on an all-in-one HP Printer. In about the €60 mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭masterboy123

The harvey norman doesnt have Canon Pixma printer i liked in stock.
    Any idea how long it will take for them to deliver from Dublin?
    http://www.harveynorman.ie/computing/printers-multifunctions-and-ink-en/printers-and-multifunctions/canon-pixma-mg3250-wireless-multifunction-printer-en.html#stock_form_41315

My maximum budget is 45 euros.

Isn't the ink included when I purchase a new printer?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

You'll usually get ink with a new printer. Be aware though that some printers are sold really cheap purely because the replacement in cartridges will be just as expensive as the original printer. Lexmark used to sell cheap printers that had a small ink supply with them when purchased, then a few days later you'd have to buy ink and find it was even dearer than the printer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭JPA

You can get a laser printer for under 100.
    Over your budget but you'd save long term.

How about HP and canon ink cartridges?
    old gregg wrote: »
    You'll usually get ink with a new printer. Be aware though that some printers are sold really cheap purely because the replacement in cartridges will be just as expensive as the original printer. Lexmark used to sell cheap printers that had a small ink supply with them when purchased, then a few days later you'd have to buy ink and find it was even dearer than the printer.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

How about HP and canon ink cartridges?

Both decent brands, HP and Epson would be the better brands and there ink is fine if you're not printing photos and not printing heavy colours.

Great. I am mostly printing black & white documents, and at times scanning and printing the document in B&W only.
    I will look for HP instead of Canon.
    Thanks guys
    Sully wrote: »
    Both decent brands, HP and Epson would be the better brands and there ink is fine if you're not printing photos and not printing heavy colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭kaef

Check tesco. From time to time they sell 3in1 printers for special price of 29,99 or 39,99.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Tesco have been clearing out loads of electrical products last week. 3 in 1s selling for €20. You may still be lucky to get one

any specfic tesco branch?
    wobbles wrote: »
    Tesco have been clearing out loads of electrical products last week. 3 in 1s selling for €20. You may still be lucky to get one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭taytobreath

i got one in tesco ballybeg for 20euro 2 days ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

i got one in tesco ballybeg for 20euro 2 days ago

Yep. Very cheap there.

Hi,
    I am getting HP Deskjet 3050 all in one printer.
    How is it? Is the refill expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

The problem with inkjets is that the refills are expensive. Generic refills can be around half the price of official ones (depending on whether it is just a black cartridge or a colour cartridge). The official brand ones can be up to 30 Euro. If you can afford it, go for a laser printer. The cost per copy/page is lower. The other thing to bear in mind is that many of the cartridges with new inkjet or laser printers are actually smaller than the refills and you don't get as many copies/pages out of them.

Regards...jmcc

Refills are always a bitch. Don't think any of the big brands make it easy on the cost. It depends if you are heavy or light user tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭madfcuker

I bought a Kodak printer for college and average over 200 pages per cartridge. Cartridge costs about €10 for black.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

DEf try Tesco Lisduggan or Ballybeg for €20 printers, there were Kodak and HP ones in Ardkeen but they went fast.

Kodak refills are very cheap in comparison to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭smokeyjoe123

You can also buy your own refill kit in Tesco for about 5euro (black or colour), can fill up your own cartridges about ten times before they crap out. Has saved me a fortune down through the years.

• Advertisement

There was a €20 printer returned tonight in tesco Ardkeen, it wont be put on sale until tomorrow. (open at 6am!)

As far as I can see it was ths one:

http://tesco.scene7.com/is/image/tesco/357-6560_PI_1000013MN?wid=170&hei=170&$Offers$

357-6560_PI_1000013MN?wid=170&hei=170&$Offers$

Just ask in hardware and they can check the stock room for you.

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    There was a €20 printer returned tonight in tesco Ardkeen, it wont be put on sale until tomorrow. (open at 6am!)

As far as I can see it was ths one:

http://tesco.scene7.com/is/image/tesco/357-6560_PI_1000013MN?wid=170&hei=170&$Offers$

357-6560_PI_1000013MN?wid=170&hei=170&$Offers$

Just ask in hardware and they can check the stock room for you.

Any idea make / model? Hard to tell by the photo :)

Thanks for the tip. Is it HP printer?

Yes think it was a HP 6560 as in link.

Couldn't get this printer from Tesco.

Plus in Argos they don't have any all in one printer below 50 euros price, all of them out of stock now..

I'll keep an eye out for you.

You can print out pages in the library for very little if you are in need.

Thank you

I need to print/copy about 110 pages next week. I think it will be very expensive to print huge amount from library.

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I'll keep an eye out for you.

You can print out pages in the library for very little if you are in need.

Thank you

I need to print/copy about 110 pages next week. I think it will be very expensive to print huge amount from library.

I'll print it for you, if you like, cheaper than the cost of a printer.

Ill send you a PM now.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭myIdea

Whatever you choose, just remember that new (Bargain - Tesco's/Dunnes/Argos etc..) printers usually only come with quarter full cartridges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭KK4SAM

I'd recomend that you select a Printer that can be fitted with a continuous Ink System (CIS)
    Ive bee using this for three years with heavy use without any refills.
    Cost 40.00 Stg three years ago

Advertisement