Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Spurs 5.30

• 01-01-2014 2:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭

65521_zps90551f5b.jpg

BT Sport 1

Utd take on Spurs in game both will be keen to win and get the new year off to a good start. Utd have struggled against top half teams this season but are on a decent win streak at the moment.

United have got their season back on track after winning their last six games in all competitions.

Two victories over the festive period over Hull City and Norwich City have lifted David Moyes' men up to sixth spot, eight points behind leaders Arsenal.

The Red Devils will be seeking to keep pressure on the sides above them as they look to mount a title challenge in the New Year.

Tottenham are level on points with United as they have bounced back from the sacking of Andre Villas-Boas with seven points from their last three games.

New boss Tim Sherwood has gone with a more attacking line-up since replacing Villas-Boas and he has been rewarded with victories over Southampton and Stoke as well as a draw against West Brom.

Tottenham's victory at Old Trafford last season was their first in 21 Premier League attempts and in the earlier fixture this season between the two sides at White Hart Lane honours were even after a 2-2 draw.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

COYS..gonna be a belter of a game can see it finish 2-2 again.:cool:

Howard Webb doing ref so will give his beloved MANU a peno or 3:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Jaysus this one I am both nervous and excited about .... My heart says United but my head says a very hard fought draw.

Utd by at least 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

davycc wrote: »
    COYS..gonna be a belter of a game can see it finish 2-2 again.:cool:

Howard Webb doing ref so will give his beloved MANU a peno or 3:mad:

You do have to wonder whether people who spout this **** actually ever watch a game of football that Webb referees involving United

A joke of a ref

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Utd by at least 2

Out you get crow! ;)

I can see us getting torn apart today actually, hope I'm wrong, but its going to take a big improvement in performance to beat Spurs today. If Rooney is out we are in serious trouble, regardless he isn't going to be 100% even if they do play him so not sure how that will work out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

always an interesting game, i think united will win it though. Big game for both teams competing for european competition next season.

kryogen wrote: »
    Out you get crow! ;)

I can see us getting torn apart today actually, hope I'm wrong, but its going to take a big improvement in performance to beat Spurs today. If Rooney is out we are in serious trouble, regardless he isn't going to be 100% even if they do play him so not sure how that will work out
    Remember the Arsenal game... a performance like we saw that day is possible - I hope :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I think United. I'm in no way convinced by Sherwood yet, and this is his biggest test to date.

irishfeen wrote: »
    Remember the Arsenal game... a performance like we saw that day is possible - I hope :pac:

Maybe

No RVP for sure, no Rooney probably, Chicha woefully out of form and Welbeck to basically carry the attack doesn't inspire me with too much confidence.

Really a game where we could use Kagawa playing to his ability in behind Welbeck with Young continuing his good work and Januzaj having some impact too.

The midfield, hopefully Carrick will start to improve the more minutes he is getting under his belt, as for a partner, who knows, Anderson? :)

Could be his year you know :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Out you get crow! ;)

I can see us getting torn apart today actually, hope I'm wrong, but its going to take a big improvement in performance to beat Spurs today

I think we have a better chance against Sherwoods spurs than AVB's, If they play 2 in midfield I would be confident.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

If Rooney plays, I'm confident. If he doesn't, I'm worried.

I reckon he could play though. I'd say not training yesterday was a precaution

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

United have to win. This is the first real challenge of a "top" team since the 6-win streak over Christmas and we really need to continue that form to show the top half of the table that we're coming for them. 2-1 United.

beno619 wrote: »
    I think we have a better chance against Sherwoods spurs than AVB's, If they play 2 in midfield I would be confident.

Depends on who they play in midfield I agree, but Adebayor is in his honeymoon period and can cause any defence trouble when he is like that. Cutting off the supply to him will be important and with Evra playing like he is already out the door I dunno if we are going to be stopping Lennon that much.

Who is gonna play right back also? Smalling again I suppose, and while he is a very good defender he isn't a full back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

United by 4

Maybe

No RVP for sure, no Rooney probably, Chicha woefully out of form and Welbeck to basically carry the attack doesn't inspire me with too much confidence.

Really a game where we could use Kagawa playing to his ability in behind Welbeck with Young continuing his good work and Januzaj having some impact too.

The midfield, hopefully Carrick will start to improve the more minutes he is getting under his belt, as for a partner, who knows, Anderson? :)

Believe my friend ... believe - ;)

United by 4
    Your optimism is infectious :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Any update on Rooney yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

irishfeen wrote: »
    Your optimism is infectious :pac:

I was going to say 5

Depends on who they play in midfield I agree, but Adebayor is in his honeymoon period and can cause any defence trouble when he is like that. Cutting off the supply to him will be important and with Evra playing like he is already out the door I dunno if we are going to be stopping Lennon that much.

Who is gonna play right back also? Smalling again I suppose, and while he is a very good defender he isn't a full back.

Hopefully our three is better than Spurs two. Moyes could do something crazy like play Welback and Hernandez though :/

Young or Jan will have to put in a big shift to help Evra out.

Not to worried about there left hand side.

You do have to wonder whether people who spout this **** actually ever watch a game of football that Webb referees involving United

A joke of a ref

I have watched shedloads of games he has reffed over the years probably a couple hundred at this stage.
    He is a great ref overall just has had tendancy to give Manu soft penalties over the years..
    I wouldnt be suprised to see him give 1 today as well esp with Spurs lack of "luck" from dodgy refs at OT especially with officals seemingly afraid to give "lesser" teams any big decisions..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

A joke of a ref

I agree terrible ref for all teams . I'd tell all 22 men to wear extra shin pads !

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Maybe

Yeah that is the team I would play too, not sure about Anderson/Cleverley, think Moyes will go Cleverley again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

I thought this was in BT sport ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

s8n wrote: »
    I thought this was in BT sport ?

It will be on BT Sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

Thanks - my mistake, thought it was a 3pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I have watched shedloads of games he has reffed over the years probably a couple hundred at this stage.
    He is a great ref overall just has had tendancy to give Manu soft penalties over the years..
    I wouldnt be suprised to see him give 1 today as well esp with Spurs lack of "luck" from dodgy refs at OT especially with officals seemingly afraid to give "lesser" teams any big decisions..

Not this bs again????

adox wrote: »
    Not this bs again????

If it were really BS i wouldnt be ****ting myself at the though of Webb reffing this game and giving manu their customary soft peno or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

If it were really BS i wouldnt be ****ting myself at the though of Webb reffing this game and giving manu their customary soft peno or two.

Penalty or two???? Would u go away and get real. Webb doesnt favour united and never did. Its just a theory put about by liverpool fans with tin foil hats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

United by 30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

n32 wrote: »
    Penalty or two???? Would u go away and get real. Webb doesnt favour united and never did. Its just a theory put about by liverpool fans with tin foil hats

Let's see how that looks at full time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Sorry lads under pressure in work so can't check the team news.....

Any RVP or Rooney??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Sorry lads under pressure in work so can't check the team news.....

Any RVP or Rooney??

No team news yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Did you know you can get a free tinfoil hat with every purchase of a roll of tin foil, some assembly may be needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

Let's see how that looks at full time.

Ok so, you can spend the entire game compiling a dossier of incidents where he favours us and you can present it here afterwards. I m just going to watch the match!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Rooney starts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Manchester United ‏@ManUtd 1m
    United XI vs @SpursOfficial: De Gea; Smalling, Evans, Vidic, Evra; Valencia, Carrick, Cleverley, Januzaj; Rooney, Welbeck

#mufc subs vs @SpursOfficial: Lindegaard, Büttner, Ferdinand, Fletcher, Kagawa, Young, Hernandez

#THFC XI to face #MUFC: Lloris; Walker, Chiriches, Dawson, Rose; Lennon, Capoue, Dembele, Eriksen; Adebayor, Soldado. #SkyFootball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Yay for Rooney!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

looks liek spurs are coming to attack us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

snedge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Really taking the pîss playing Valencia now, Young has been better, is Eriksen such a good winger that we need to play basically 2 RBs to cover him

He'll score a hat trick of something now

• Advertisement

Ok so, you can spend the entire game compiling a dossier of incidents where he favours us and you can present it here afterwards. I m just going to watch the match!

I won't need to do that. It's usually glaringly obvious what bull**** decisions he gives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

I won't need to do that. It's usually glaringly obvious what bull**** decisions he gives.

Absolute nonsense.

I presume because it so obvious you have past examples of Mr Webbs biased decisions?

tinfoil-hat.jpg~c200

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Name some so, I remember he disallowed a perfectly good goal we scored against Chelsea because it was unsporting or some crap. Thankfully we scored from the re-take

Absolute nonsense.

I presume because it so obvious you have past examples of Mr Webbs biased decisions?

Biased is not the word I used. Did you think he had a good performance last weekend at the Liverpool Chelsea game ? IMO he had an absolute stinker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Chance to get within a point of Everton and fifth place. Big game with all others, bar Everton, ahead of us winning. One place at a time, and see if we can get into top four.

Its not just bitter Liverpool fans , its an established fact & most non manu fans know it all too well sadly. I have met a few sensible Manu fans who agree with me but most try and change the subject or refuse to look at the reality of many of their wins lucky wins.

Im a Spurs fan and at OT for over 20years we somehow fell foul of a combo of badly home biased refs, soft penos that never were.legit goals not given (Mendes from the half way line etc).:)
    We bottled a fair few games too but over the course of 20yrs without a win at OT even masterbottlers Spurs couldnt bottle it to that extreme:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

so the match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Its not just bitter Liverpool fans

True, its bitter Spurs fans also...
    Im a Spurs fan and at OT for over 20years we somehow fell foul of a combo of badly home biased refs, soft penos that never were.legit goals not given (Mendes from the half way line etc).:)
    We bottled a fair few games too but over the course of 20yrs without a win at OT even masterbottlers Spurs couldnt bottle it to that extreme:mad:

Multiple clubs have awful records at Old Trafford and it has nothing to do with their performances or United's :rolleyes:

Sure Howerd Webb has been a reffing PL matches for 20 years.

• Advertisement
Advertisement