Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Spurs 5.30

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Diving really is a scourge in the utd team.
    Is moyes really the man to take utd into the europa league battle?

He seems void of ideas!
    Have you anything constructive to say?

Classic United, don't start playing until we're behind and today it was too late to salvage the situation..ran out of time etc. Spurs are an average side at best, it's
    soul destroying to see us lose in that fashion.

Welbeck and Januazj positives as always. They, Rooney, De Gea and one or tow others deserve a big signing or tow in january ala the 'Ozil effect'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Hehe....big pile in from the Spurs forum once the whistle is gone. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Utd are 11th in the games at home league and 3rd in the away games, thats a shocking stat for a Utd team

Whats more shocking is you're a cat mod, when did this happen?

Congrats btw :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Howard Webb such a United fan

Have a can of fučk off, anyone who thinks/says such

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Where's that guy who said Webb gives United everything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Turtyturd wrote: »

We all learnt our lesson the time we were 3-0 up at half-time ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

GavRedKing wrote: »
    That one on Januaza got booked for was nowhere near as bad as Welbeck

Where Welbeck clearly got clipped? Go away out of that.

Anyway, shocking defending from United today let us down. Spurs were and are nothing special but were gifted goals from lazy defending and people failing to do the basics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

niallo27 wrote: »
    Lay spurs now. Easy money. They are bottlers.

7rx7Tbm.gif?1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

I was actually watching the game, so posting during game was not my main priority :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭murtyd17

Makes the fight for the 4 champos spots very interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

:confused:
    Most of us actually watch the game..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

zerks wrote: »
    We can't win games by playing for 20 odd minutes per match,ten minutes in the first half & ten in the 2nd won't get the job done.
    Scraped 2 wins against the powerhouses of Hull & Norwich & get found out against Spurs.

Would £100 million fix what's wrong with our squad?

Not under this manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Only at 2-0 down did Man Utd play anywhere near the level expected of a club with the size and history of Man Utd. This wasnt even the best Spurs team we've seen in the last 5 years or so. If your judging this Man Utd side by the highest standard, which you must, it's so far off what's expected that it's scary. Far too many average players, far too many players not of Man Utd quality and without Ferguson there to mask the weaknesses it's an ominous period at Man Utd.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

good europa league battle there, two sides going at it hammer and tongs for the honour of playing on Thursday night next season;)

only kidding, both still in the CL race, I think with RVP to come back that United are the bigger threat, Spurs are still dangerous though and have a deep squad

however I do think that is the end of any remote chances Man U had of retaining the title - happy new year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Moyes so out of his depth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Fair play to Tim Sherwood for turning this Spurs team around. They looked a much better team to the one that City and Liverpool humiliated.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

efb wrote: »
    Moyes so out of his depth

He has experience of 6th/7th place battles with everton. He's experience will be invaluable to ye for the rest of the season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

"They were there for the taking" says Sherwood.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Arrow.

As a United fan that was the hardest result to take this season given we're coming off the back of 5 wins.

Horrendous in the final third.

Januzaj had a very good game I think. Welbeck needs to do something about his studs - his 'bambi on ice' act is costing the side a lot of chances.

Shocking dive from Welbeck too. Never a penalty on the second look.

Thought Januzaj should've had a free just before the 90th. Commentator saying he dived, he was clearly shoved over.

Rooney wasn't great today. Cleverly, Evra, Valencia need to go.

Ah well, credit to Spurs, they did enough in the end, but hung on due to the limpness of United up front. Good goal from Soldado. Bad defending at both Spurs goals though.

Interested to see what comes up in the transfer window. Is it a bad time for a mini overhaul?

Would you want Moyes spunking more cash on the likes of a Fellaini? I'd be reluctant to give Moyes a lot of money. The squad is better than what's been on the pitch this season.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

"They were there for the taking" says Sherwood.

always had sherwood down as a slightly arrogant man - his hubris may yet swallow him whole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Well done Spurs, epic performance in the theatre of unfairness & non fair play :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Fair play to Tim Sherwood for turning this Spurs team around. They looked a much better team to the one that City and Liverpool humiliated.

Sherwood will soon be found out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

First won for spurs against a top 8 side this season.

Still haven't beaten a top 6 side ;)

He has experience of 6th/7th place battles with everton. He's experience will be invaluable to ye for the rest of the season!

Arsenal need that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

In fairness, people can blame Moyes, but what of the players on the field, they too should take the blame. Spurs better on the day and Man Utd need to play to win and not just assume that a win is in the bag, because a home match or because we are Man Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

beno619 wrote: »
    He could have played a better team.

By starting Anderson and Zaha I presume?

Goway out of that, today wasn't a day for experimenting. Anderson has been useless any time he's played recently, and he's a defensive liability as his positioning is terrible.

The reason we have underperformed this season is that Carrick has been out of form/injured.

Evra, Smalling and Valencia cost us the goals today. I would prefer not to see Valencia in the starting team, but I really don't think having Ashley Young or Zaha on instead of him would have made a huge difference. Rafael was really missed today, and Evra was badly exposed.

I don't know what else Moyes could have done, he went balls out to win the game and it almost payed off. Hernandez' flick from Januzaz' ball across the box was very close to going in, and Lloris made a number of good saves. If a couple of the chances we had, had went in, people would be praising Moyes for making the changes he did.

Rooney played some great stuff from deep, even though we were far too reliant on Januzaj to create openings.

The team needs investment, that is clear. Tactics and selection were not the problem today. Defensive incompetency and bad decision-making were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

THFC wrote: »
    7rx7Tbm.gif?1

Spurs fans really need to move on from Bale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

Found out as what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

A defeat was coming for united, they ground out wins against bottom table teams but they were woeful against them, lot of work for moyes to do in the transfer market. So many average players not fit to play for a club like united. Ferguson left ye in bad shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

donfers wrote: »
    always had sherwood down as a slightly arrogant man - his hubris may yet swallow him whole

Dont like arrogance, I suppose we should allow him to enjoy his moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭ILikeBananas

monkey9 wrote: »

well played

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Jesus, Moyes is utterly deluded. If I was a United fan I'd be very worried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

SeaDaily wrote: »
    Found out as what?

That he will soon be out of his out of his depth like moyes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Moyes sounds genuinely content with the Man Utd performance. He's just lost to Spurs at Old Trafford, his 4th defeat at home and 6th overall and it's only half way through the season and yet he's smiling, practically laughing. Bizarre.

rob316 wrote: »
    A defeat was coming for united, they ground out wins against bottom table teams but they were woeful against them, lot of work for moyes to do in the transfer market. So many average players not fit to play for a club like united. Ferguson left ye in bad shape.

Ferguson won the title at a canter with that squad. If anything, I think perhaps it was a decent squad for Ferguson, but Moyes, obviously not being as good a manager, needs a few different (maybe better in some areas) players. He has to get them to play his way after years (for most) playing a certain way under Ferguson.

Moyes always said he has his own ideas and it will take a few transfer windows to get the team to be where he wants them.

It's too easy to say Ferguson left them in bad shape. There are too many factors.

I'd give him 'til next Christmas before seriously asking questions.

Having said that, for some reason I'm just not confident he'll put the transfer budget to good use.

Moyes didn't look too upset with the loss anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Well done Tim Sherwoods Bottlers a deserved win by the finest of margins.:cool:
    I knew we were never gonna keep a clean sheet with Dawson starting.

The ref did a decent job of not caving into Utds penalty claims and dives.
    Just before halftime there was a hint of handball againt Smalling in the box but BT Sports didnt show a reply at half time.. Ill have to watch it on MOTD to be sure..

What can I say I love Lorris...an absolute mentalist but I wouldnt have him any other way..

Lennon owned evra again he just needs to work on his final ball and finishing, he should have scored 2 himself and put manu to and the game to bed:)

Wouldn't 1-2 be a United fan right now:D:D:D

Being beaten by the superbottlers at the Theatre of Dives two years running:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

davycc wrote: »
    Well done Tim Sherwoods Bottlers a deserved win by the finest of margins.:cool:
    I knew we were never gonna keep a clean sheet with Dawson starting.

He was great today you haven't a clue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Appalling amount of cheating by United. For a manager that supposedly doesn't like diving, his players seem to have no problem with it.

monkey9 wrote: »

Maybe it's an affleck-tion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Arrow. wrote: »
    Ferguson won the title at a canter with that squad. If anything, I think perhaps it was a decent squad for Ferguson, but Moyes, obviously not being as good a manager, needs a few different (maybe better in some areas) players. He has to get them to play his way after years (for most) playing a certain way under Ferguson.

Moyes always said he has his own ideas and it will take a few transfer windows to get the team to be where he wants them.

It's too easy to say Ferguson left them in bad shape. There are too many factors.

I'd give him 'til next Christmas before seriously asking questions.

Having said that, for some reason I'm just not confident he'll put the transfer budget to good use.

Rvp was the difference last year for ye and he is out this season so far. I cant understand how a club the size of united have let there midfield decline to having a pub player like cleverly starting and an over the hill giggs. Been absolutely outplayed by barcelona in 2 cl finals didnt make ye go out and buy a world class midfielder wasn't enough.

Fall out of the top 4 and the real trouble will start for ye.

Rvp was the difference last year for ye and he is out this season so far. I cant understand how a club the size of united have let there midfield decline to having a pub player like cleverly starting and an over the hill giggs. Been absolutely outplayed by barcelona in 2 cl finals didnt make ye go out and buy a world class midfielder wasn't enough.

I knew RVP would be injured this season under Moyes. I think everyone did, so yeah, he's a big loss.

But even the likes of Cleverley who's utterly hopeless this season, played better under Ferguson.

It's like they're just not buying into Moyes' way of playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Couldn't be more found out than AVB has been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Trilla wrote: »
    He was great today you haven't a clue

I watch every game he plays for over 6yrs I think I know more than yourself on the subject.. His day has gone....wins a few headers and is strong in the air but he has zero pace left and dives into too many pointless tackles when he should just stay on his feet..(see the pool5-0 highlights to see what a useless donkey he is in most of his games the last 2yrs+):o

He only started today because of injuries ,we should have sold him & Kept Caulker imo..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭sawfish

Its a joke really isn`t it, UTD have been looking for a top notch midfielder for years. Bring Paul Scholes out of retirement again lol.

I`m a UTD fan and yeah RVP was the difference last year, plus the other teams slipped up a fair bit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Utd will still finish in the Top 4

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Utd will still finish in the Top 4

dunno about that mate. there are 4 teams going for it, everton, spurs, liverpool and you guys. and you guys are in the most indifferent form at the moment. Granted you've got RvP to come back in, but it may be too late.

Nobody fears united anymore. Not even Howard Webb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I have always had a doubt but remained confident we would get top 4.

Now I think its odds against.

Danny Welbeck had fine second half. Nice goal and some nice through balls, otherwise the rest were poor with Rooney and Adnan being about Average.

• Advertisement
Advertisement