Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Spurs 5.30

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

As a Sports fan the adage it's better for them to think your curropt rather than incompetent comes to mind when discussing referees same holds true for Webb I don't believe him to be biased but he does make mistakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

its-a-conspiracy.jpg

Hopefully we get at least a draw out of this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

davycc wrote: »
    Its not just bitter Liverpool fans , its an established fact & most non manu fans know it all too well sadly. I have met a few sensible Manu fans who agree with me but most try and change the subject or refuse to look at the reality of many of their wins lucky wins.

Im a Spurs fan and at OT for over 20years we somehow fell foul of a combo of badly home biased refs, soft penos that never were.legit goals not given (Mendes from the half way line etc).:)
    We bottled a fair few games too but over the course of 20yrs without a win at OT even masterbottlers Spurs couldnt bottle it to that extreme:mad:

Not only is webb a man united employee your now saying he is a master of disguise who pretended to be mark clattenburg?

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Couple of Jim Corrs about today!

edit: and more below. I really wonder what is wrong with some people

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

If Soldado has an off day, utd may sneak a draw today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Surely even the most delusional of Man Utd fans can't deny the sheer amount of big refereeing mistakes that have gone in their favour at Old Trafford vs Spurs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Its easier for people to blame influences outside their control rather than admitting they have been crap and inferior.

I remember Palacios should have been sent off by Webb for an absolutely ridiculous 2 footed tackle that would have broken Ronaldo in half if he connected. This was quickly forgotten when United got the peno which apparently resulted in 5 goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Howard webb has only been doing the prem for last 10yrs;) but there were plenty of homer decisions given by a lot of the other refs doing the Manu Spurs game at OT through the entire history of the premier league btw...

Im not bitter about it sure we finally got the 1st win there thanks to AVB & Balealdo & the mighty Clint Dempsey:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Its not just bitter Liverpool fans , its an established fact & most non manu fans know it all too well sadly. I have met a few sensible Manu fans who agree with me but most try and change the subject or refuse to look at the reality of many of their wins lucky wins.

Im a Spurs fan and at OT for over 20years we somehow fell foul of a combo of badly home biased refs, soft penos that never were.legit goals not given (Mendes from the half way line etc).:)
    We bottled a fair few games too but over the course of 20yrs without a win at OT even masterbottlers Spurs couldnt bottle it to that extreme:mad:

United have awful decisions go against them as regularly as any team. It just rarely matters as they usually win. No real need to have a whinge over a penalty not being given when you win 3-0.

If you believe that there is a conspiracy to keep United at the top amongst the elite group of referees, then I wonder if I could interest you in some magic beans?

• Advertisement

On the match, not so confident. We've been handsomely beaten away in Manchester already this season, and I'm not sure that Sherwood is the most tactically adept manager. Reckon it will be an open, high scoring game with United winning by 2.
    Dembele the man to watch out for, he generally seems to play out of his skin at OT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

Both teams fighting to get up to 6th spot in the league.

Hope to see a high scoring draw with men from both teams sent off,

Thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I wonder if I could interest you in some magic beans?

How much?

THFC wrote: »
    Surely even the most delusional of Man Utd fans can't deny the sheer amount of big refereeing mistakes that have gone in their favour at Old Trafford vs Spurs?

Again, the United stuff is rarely highlighted because they win. The Palacios tackle being a good example.

You guys are going back 5 and 10 years to find examples. Says a lot, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

How much?

Ten beans a bean.

How much?

2 chomps and a packet of mega meanies

• Advertisement

Unearthly wrote: »
    Its easier for people to blame influences outside their control rather than admitting they have been crap and inferior.

I remember Palacios should have been sent off by Webb for an absolutely ridiculous 2 footed tackle that would have broken Ronaldo in half if he connected. This was quickly forgotten when United got the peno which apparently resulted in 5 goals

No one is saying that poor reffing decisions have cost us the match, but they have happened and on at least 3 occasions have had a big impact on the match.

Unearthly wrote: »

I already mentioned that point a few posts up;)
    Ill copy this section of it for you:)
    "We bottled a fair few games too but over the course of 20yrs without a win at OT even masterbottlers Spurs couldnt bottle it to that extreme"

Again, the United stuff is rarely highlighted because they win. The Palacios tackle being a good example.

5 and 10 years? I haven't brought up any examples, settle yourself.

5 and 10 years? I haven't brought up any examples, settle yourself.

Give us your 3 instances then, as you've mentioned above.

Give us your 3 instances then, as you've mentioned above.

What's the point? I'd rather talk about the match tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

teams announced yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

I went back less than a week to point out a shockingly poor performance.

What's the point? I'd rather talk about the match tbh.

Cool. That wasnt the case 10 mins ago, but we can leave it there.

I went back less than a week to point out a shockingly poor performance.

Involving United and Spurs? Keep up.

Cool. That wasnt the case 10 mins ago, but we can leave it there.

Cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

GiftofGab wrote: »
    teams announced yet?

Man Utd: De Gea, Smalling, Evans, Vidic, Evra, Valencia, Carrick, Cleverley, Januzaj, Rooney, Welbeck. Subs: Ferdinand, Lindegaard, Hernandez, Young, Fletcher, Kagawa, Buttner.

Spurs: Lloris, Walker, Dawson, Chiriches, Rose, Lennon, Capoue, Dembele, Eriksen, Adebayor, Soldado. Subs: Lamela, Naughton, Chadli, Friedel, Fryers, Kane, Bentaleb.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Spurs are more attacking under Sherwood. This will be a a tough one but I fancy us to win with a good performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Involving United and Spurs? Keep up.

You're off on your own self absorbed tangent mate.

I never stated that my lack of confidence in him as a match official was solely man utd related. Any point I have made was in general.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

-6 -6

Please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

3-2 utd 10e punt on that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Are people actually that moronic that they think referees would intentionally be biased when he's being watched by millions of people, risking his job and death threats from millions if it was ever proved.

People need to chill out and accept refs make mistakes. And stop looking like complete idiots.

Moyes strikes such an awkward un-natural pose in that manager photo next to the line ups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

`hope they can get a draw but i expect spurs will get battered today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Utds left is wide open. Walker and Lennon could have a field day.

Worried.

Are people actually that moronic that they think referees would intentionally be biased when he's being watched by millions of people, risking his job and death threats from millions if it was ever proved.

People need to chill out and accept refs make mistakes. And stop looking like complete idiots.

Intentionally 50/50 nothing would suprise me with the corruption in the modern game from FIFA & EUFA down through their FA minions:):)

anyway game on COYS:cool:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

good ball there Tom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Intentionally 50/50 nothing would suprise me with the corruption in the modern game from FIFA & EUFA down through their FA minions:):)

anyway game on COYS:cool:.

So Fifa and Uefa are fixing games in the PL?

Mother of god.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Bad ball by Cleverley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Cleverley should have done better.

Positive start though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

How did Webb get this game after his performance last week, shouldnt he be back in league 2 or something for a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Spurs are dodgy at the back

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Nice to see Welbeck causing problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

United will hammer them, awful defending so far from Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Good attacking so far!

Val getting stuck in the midfield. We looked narrow when defending there too esp Smalling, wonder is it a tactic or just a one off

Great start, we look right on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Welbeck could have done better there, thought he could have got a touch past LLoris

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Draw please :D

all manu so far...dawson is such i liability

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Quick passing and movement in the opening minutes. An all too rare occurrence so far this season. Hope utd can get early breakthrough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Nice positive start from us here.
    Just need a goal now

• Advertisement
Advertisement