Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turkuaz fast food (Washington st.)

Options
  • 01-01-2014 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭

Went there yesterday with my missus around 10PM after few drinks in a pub and ordered two burger meals (total 13.50 european money units), paid with 50 euro note and got only 31.50 back. Few seconds later when I saw what he gave us called him back and told him, that five euro is missing. He acted suprised oh eh um and gave us the fiver.

Quite sure he did that on purpose, so always be careful when you go there and count the change.

Food 6,5-10

Reviews on Just-eat:

http://www.just-eat.ie/restaurants-turkuazcork/reviews

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I'd say under-changing is rife when it comes to punters with booze on board, not just confined to the Turks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

It's just lousy and I would say that there is certain type of places that do this. I wouldn't expect to get robbed in traditional Irish chippers if you know what I mean. When I go to Jackie Lennox's (for example) I never count the change I get back beacause I am quite sure they are honest people.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,029 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Diabhalta wrote: »
    It's just lousy and I would say that there is certain type of places that do this. I wouldn't expect to get robbed in traditional Irish chippers if you know what I mean. When I go to Jackie Lennox's (for example) I never count the change I get back beacause I am quite sure they are honest people.

Xenophobic post.
    Foreigners = Crooks
    Irish = Honest
    What a load of crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

Xenophobic post.
    Foreigners = Crooks
    Irish = Honest
    What a load of crap!

I am talking about certain kind of fast foods, not foreigners generally (where is a higher chance that this will happen) ...and believe it or not my friend got ripped off in similar kind of fast food and not once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

Diabhalta wrote: »
    I am talking about certain kind of fast foods, not foreigners generally (where is a higher chance that this will happen) ...and believe it or not my friend got ripped off in similar kind of fast food and not once.

and I got ripped off in an Irish chipper once or twice (charging the bottle price for a can). I have also been short changed in Lennox's believe it or not!

Some places are just dodgy. Some places make honest mistakes. Whether they are "foreign" or "Irish" has no bearing on the matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

[/B]OP I'm going to have to close this thread. Accusations being thrown around are not acceptable. It was most likely an honest mistake, and I don't like the sweeping generalisations being made in relation to "non-Irish" takeaways. This thread isn't going anywhere.[/B]

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement