Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

repairing the kildysart road at clarecastle always flooded and potholed

• 01-01-2014 3:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,529 ✭✭✭

does anyone have any idea when a small stretch of kildysart road at clarecastle turn off will ever be repaired, its a deathtrap as cars are moving to the centre in both directions to avoid big holes and it floods easily. a crash is imminient. its only about 60 yards in length but has not been touched for 40 years!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

As a resident of the road it's disgraceful.
    But council apparently won't touch it until it floods again so they can survey it. Even then they still won't push the water across the main road and into the field across from maxol.
    It made since not to do the road the time they layed the new one down because the floods would only destroy it. I'm guessing there's a bit more work involved to prevent flooding but hope they sort it this year. Those two drains on the left would take out a tyre so you have to go right in on top of the walls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 395 ✭✭Carazy

GBCULLEN wrote: »
    does anyone have any idea when a small stretch of kildysart road at clarecastle turn off will ever be repaired, its a deathtrap as cars are moving to the centre in both directions to avoid big holes and it floods easily. a crash is imminient. its only about 60 yards in length but has not been touched for 40 years!!

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,529 ✭✭✭swoofer

drove past last week, first time road flooded sign was up, next time it was a ROAD being swept sign and a council van! nobody was sweeping. does that mean it will at last be resurfaced and yes its 40 years and counting. I'd say they have spent enough on filling potholes to cover a proper job many times over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭periodictable

What you need is either a politician or a council official living on the road. Then it will be a dream to drive on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

What you need is either a politician or a council official living on the road. Then it will be a dream to drive on.

We have a few of those living on the road. Yeah doesnt phase them :pac: , using tax payers money to fix their cars im sure. Joke

But on a note of this. The road is currently closed as they are carrying out works. Fingers crossed they solve the flooding and relay new surface :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

call your local td

you could go up with shovel and dig a ditch to remove water

i think they have serious problems on that stretch of road now, it looks as if they are pumping water out of a sinkhole into another flooded catchment pool and then pumping the catchment pool back out again.

Is throws the 50 million euro spent on irish water consultants in a whole new light, ie they cant find a few thousand to fix kildysart road.

Is the TD for that area Joe carey FG, if so thats a dead loss then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Yea, Joe Carey is from down the road. If I was living/commuting that road, I'd be bombarding him with emails.:(

ah but joe has a nice trick, he wont reply to emails or return phone calls. and I have yet to see his office in ennis open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

What about Pat Breen?

• Advertisement

ah but joe has a nice trick, he wont reply to emails or return phone calls. and I have yet to see his office in ennis open.
    That's unfair. His office is open every day that I pass by.

what time is that? I go by around 10.30 - 11.30am and I am sure I checked for opening times, I have also emailed him and never got a reply and rand him and left a message and never a got a reply. How fair is that.

what time is that? I go by around 10.30 - 11.30am and I am sure I checked for opening times, I have also emailed him and never got a reply and rand him and left a message and never a got a reply. How fair is that.
    It's open most days-I've been in several times without appointment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

It is a disgrace, I have been driving that road for years ,and it has always been the same. How many times do they need it to flood before the admit that there is a problem. It is not the road that bothers me it is the flooding of the residents back yards that is a shame. As for taking with a TD should you not try you local councillor first, such as Paul Murphy. He seemed quick enough to get the area outside his place sorted last month when it flooded. considering it is an election year for them you should get some responce.

does anyone know what those workmen are actually doing? Road area was still flooded last time I drove by recently, ie yesterday.

Advertisement