Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC English Poetry Higher Level Help!!!!

Options
  • 01-01-2014 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

In JC Higher level english is there a particular set of poems that must be used or can you use any poem i already know about base details and dulce et decorum est but what do I use if your asked about love nature relationships and what ones are the best to use any advice:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭PinkCat86

hi :) look at approaching the higher level question on http://www.aoifesnotes.com/leaving-cert/ordinary-level/Paper-Two/prescribed-poetry.php

learn off themes and poems will link to these themes!

hope this helps! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

In JC Higher level english is there a particular set of poems that must be used or can you use any poem i already know about base details and dulce et decorum est but what do I use if your asked about love nature relationships and what ones are the best to use any advice:confused:

There are no set works for Junior Cert. English.
    Obviously the ones many teachers use like 'Dulce et Decorum' or 'Mid term break' or 'To kill a mockingbird' lend themselves to discussing many topics, but you can use any poem or play or novel. You must identify the work and its author correctly though, when answering the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭VG31

Your teacher should cover poems of different themes, e.g; love, war, conflict, nature etc. Has your techer only covered two poems? You need to know more than two to ensure that you can answer the questions in the Junior Cert.

Advertisement