Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How did you score in your last round?? ... 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Ciaranra wrote: »
    Must have a few shots in the bag if this is how you view your score;)

What is that supposed to mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Played Castleknock on Friday. Took 85 shots to get around, with no 3 putts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Played in a four man team on Friday. I scored on 16 holes. 81 points for the team and I'd 40 of those. Unfortunately I couldn't close it out and was tiring badly the last 4 and ended up scratching the final two. Try again in the singles tomorrow.

Course : Bunclody

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭Danny dyers double

32 points off 21 yesterday in Castlenock in a society outing .

I know we all seem to say it but I really felt I left a great score out there .

We played it from the greens so even shorter hitters can hit every green on the course in reg . Personally I'd 5 good looks at birdies , one on last hole where we had the two's but i left it on the lip . A costly putt as there was 150 in the pot .

I'd 3 scratchs , one on the 1st from a comedy of errors , Tee shot lands at stump of tree , try punch out but somehow the ball rises and catches the branches of big tree on right side of green and leaves me with no shot . I managed to get a club on it and out it rolled into bunker . Got on the green with next shot but was 25 feet away and missed 2 putts , was gutted walking to 2nd tee box .

And scratched the 3rd hole the 1st par . Hit me tee shot fat and in for a swim it went .

And scratched the 10th , a short enough par 5 . Seen playing partner hit 2 balls OOB on right hand side . I'd been driving the ball quite well all day but for some silly reason I aim left hand side of FW and strike it well and goes where I aim . Into the drink . Still should of scored on the hole but overhit the green with a wedge .

Hopefully get out to my own club tomorrow to continue my quest for the magic 36

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

18pts last week. Was 1st game back for a while. Bit better today, 84 for Nett 74 in the Medal (Par 71) Out 42 home 42. Back to my usual form... good ball striking + dirt short game. I'd swear I had 10+ Birdie putts and 1 Eagle putt. Converted one. Turned so many Birdie putts into Bogeys, 5 3putts. Sloppy but an improvement.

1 Birdie
    6 Pars
    8 Bogeys
    3 Doubles (2 with PW in hand :()

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

First comp of the season. Medal comp so stroke. And 94 shots later off 17 i sign for a 77. driving was meh. Irons good. Putting woeful. Worst of all was playing wrong ball on 12 and having a 2 stroke penalty from middle of fairway. Clown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Macker1

Played this morning and it was enjoyable to be out in the sunshine with little or no wind.

My game was fairly consistent with the exception of 2 poor holes both of which are Par 3's

37pts off 17 19 Front and 18 Back

5 pars
    11 bogeys
    1 double
    1 triple which was my only scratch :mad:

Both the double and triple were silly mistakes which should have been easily avoided.

Missed quite a few straight-forward putts but not too concerned as the greens had a lot of sand on them from recent work. Putts were very jumpy and you had to give them a bit of welly to get home which didn't help.

Placing on fairway still in effect so still not qualifying :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Asked the lad in the pro-shop about this and he said it will be back in next weekend which will be the first Medal of the season at Grange Castle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

36 points yesterday around Athlone. Could have been so much more. 3 birdies, 6 bogeys and a double bogey. But I had 5 other birdie attempts inside 10 feet that all caught some part of the hole but just would not drop :(

highlight of the day : The attached image. Playing the par 3 17th, my tee shot finished 3 inches from the hole.

lowlight of the day : what the image doesn't show is that the green slopes severely from left to right where the pin was and how the ball didn't travel the extra 3 inches makes no sense on any physical, metaphysical or otherwise plain of existence known to man!

4rb142.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Rippeditup

Played 9 this morning in Stackstown after a lesson on Wednesday and a good 3 hour session on the practice ground on Saturday and things are looking better.
    3 birdies over 9 holes with 3 good chances missed also.
    -1 overall after a bogey bogey start so I was happy. Putting was better, held 2 putts over 10 foot and didn't miss a short one after the 1st.
    Missed good eagle chance

Hit all fairways and missed 1 green

Now to do this with a card in the pocket.

I have a playing lesson on Wed evening and getting out for 9 on Tuesday evening so starting to get a few games in thank god.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

Macker1 wrote: »
    Played this morning and it was enjoyable to be out in the sunshine with little or no wind.

My game was fairly consistent with the exception of 2 poor holes both of which are Par 3's

37pts off 17 19 Front and 18 Back

5 pars
    11 bogeys
    1 double
    1 triple which was my only scratch :mad:

Both the double and triple were silly mistakes which should have been easily avoided.

Missed quite a few straight-forward putts but not too concerned as the greens had a lot of sand on them from recent work. Putts were very jumpy and you had to give them a bit of welly to get home which didn't help.

Placing on fairway still in effect so still not qualifying :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Asked the lad in the pro-shop about this and he said it will be back in next weekend which will be the first Medal of the season at Grange Castle.

My understanding is that is not enough not to make it qualifying. Placing in rough ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Macker1

alxmorgan wrote: »
    My understanding is that is not enough not to make it qualifying. Placing in rough ?

I think it was clean and drop in the rough. To be fair apart from the sand on the greens the rest of the course was fine. Both fairways and green quite hard and running a good bit on drives.

Surprised that the chap behind the counter said it was non-qualifying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Macker1 wrote: »
    I think it was clean and drop in the rough. To be fair apart from the sand on the greens the rest of the course was fine. Both fairways and green quite hard and running a good bit on drives.

Surprised that the chap behind the counter said it was non-qualifying.

On Saturday was place on fairways, play as lies in rough & bunkers in play so not sure why was non qualifying myself?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

35 points yesterday off 13, two birdies in the first four holes could not make up for a day of brutal putting, weather was perfect though so all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

Worst round i've played in quiet a while. Visited some spots of the course I've never seen before. Medal strokes in high winds is no fun at all. Wind was that strong I hit a GW 170yds from a bunker, overshoot the green by 70 yds. Enough said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Ben1977 wrote: »
    Worst round i've played in quiet a while. Visited some spots of the course I've never seen before. Medal strokes in high winds is no fun at all. Wind was that strong I hit a GW 170yds from a bunker, overshoot the green by 70 yds. Enough said

Keep the chin up Ben. Straight back on the horse and forget that round.
    It never happened.

That's what I do anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

ForeRight wrote: »
    Keep the chin up Ben. Straight back on the horse and forget that round.
    It never happened.

That's what I do anyway.

Cheers ForeRight, good thing is the chin is always up even after todays round. Its only a game at the end of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Ben1977 wrote: »
    Wind was that strong I hit a GW 170yds from a bunker, overshoot the green by 70 yds. Enough said

thinners are winners!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Had a great start today. 10 points after 3 holes, 15 points after 5 holes. Let the course get in my head after a bad 6th hole and finished with 29 points.... Sick is an understatement :(

Had a great start today. 10 points after 3 holes, 15 points after 5 holes. Let the course get in my head after a bad 6th hole and finished with 29 points.... Sick is an understatement :(

Saw it happen with one of my playing partners on Saturday morning, he had 24 points for 9 holes.

I was marking his card & I've seen it happen before so I didn't mention anything to him on the 10th tee, but he trotted up his score on the other card & started to get defensive straight away. 2 holes later he said to me that he had done this a couple if weeks previously, scorched the front 9 & then blew up. I told him to forget about his score & just focus on the next shot.

He managed to get his head together & finish the 9 with 16 points, so 40 points, was chuffed for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,001 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Space your an early poster.

Do you do you pre game Psychology and Yoga at 5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Saw it happen with one of my playing partners on Saturday morning, he had 24 points for 9 holes.

I was marking his card & I've seen it happen before so I didn't mention anything to him on the 10th tee, but he trotted up his score on the other card & started to get defensive straight away. 2 holes later he said to me that he had done this a couple if weeks previously, scorched the front 9 & then blew up. I told him to forget about his score & just focus on the next shot.

He managed to get his head together & finish the 9 with 16 points, so 40 points, was chuffed for him

I've had it happen me a couple of times before as well. I had my first win last week and I think the chance for back to back wins played a part as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

32 points off 12 in first qualifying event in Rathcore yesterday. Little windy but lovely day.

Started well but a few bad swings got into my head and ruined the score.

Last 3 rounds I was 3 under nett so I knew this would happen when a cut was possible. Golf likes to bring you back down to earth. Back on the aul tricycle and go again.

7 Pars
    6 Bogeys
    5 Doubles

FIR 79%
    GIR 28%
    Putts 33

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

39 off 16 in Waterrock, first time using stable ford and decided to use it as a marker after the round.
    No scratches, which I was happy with considering I used rental clubs too, FYI, anyone stuck for a round when in cork, they let you have their clubs for free.

Used my dad's old driver which has a small head and was hitting the thing sweet as a nut, in two minds whether to try one out properly but I'm presuming the cons will outweigh the pros for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

Gross 82 yesterday
    7 pars
    2 birdies
    6 bogey's
    2 doubles
    1 treble

33 putts
    Fir 47%
    Gir 39%

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

78 & 77 in Co Sligo over the weekend. Putting over the last three weeks has become a real issue with 38 and 37 recorded over the two rounds. It's putting huge pressure on my game as I missed at least ten putts from inside 5 feet over the two rounds.

Winter was spent working on the long game with Sean cotter and have seen huge improvements on my ball striking. Serious work needed to rebuild the confidence with the blade

Space your an early poster.

Do you do you pre game Psychology and Yoga at 5.

Ha, no, out in Dublin airport. Early flight to Portugal :D

Prob won't get any golf in though :(

Ha, no, out in Dublin airport. Early flight to Portugal :D

Prob won't get any golf in though :(

How can you go to Portugal and not play golf - have to have a serious chat with you when I see you next. :)

If i ever thought i could play golf i found out today i can't.
    At least without a serious look at myself. 10 points on front and 11back.
    I have to be the worst putter in the country and would give Matt kucher a run for bad putting inside 5 foot.
    3 pars 5 bogeys 2 dbl and 8 scratches.
    Ah sure its only a game.
    Runs away and sobs.

78 & 77 in Co Sligo over the weekend. Putting over the last three weeks has become a real issue with 38 and 37 recorded over the two rounds. It's putting huge pressure on my game as I missed at least ten putts from inside 5 feet over the two rounds.

Winter was spent working on the long game with Sean cotter and have seen huge improvements on my ball striking. Serious work needed to rebuild the confidence with the blade

Hard luck pink - great scores considering.

You'll be back - we have seen what you can do on here.

Scubber - I'd say I'd give you a good run for your money.:)

• Advertisement

Scubber - I'd say I'd give you a good run for your money.:)

I would take you up on that fdp.....but i would probably lose....or is that win.
    Boo hoo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

28pts today in mulranny. Started off ok and had 18 on the front! Disaster on the back nine! Had 10 points. Don't know when I played that bad before!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hijpo

33pts around Tramore

1 birdie
    4 pars
    9 bogies
    1 double
    3 scratches

If i could keep the scratches off the card it would help alot :rolleyes:

+ 3 for 9,

Everything good except low irons a bit thin , resulted in double.

Putting excellent . " I am a good putter ". :):) 14 putts, two lip outs for 2 more birdies.

Hopefully signs of good stuff on the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Played my first round today since August of last year.

33 points playing of an approximate handicap of 16 in Lisheen Springs.

Was doing well and then scratched 13 & 14 and though I was going to collapse but finished with pars on 16, 17 & 18 which gave it a nice gloss.

Plus points were that my driving which is usually very erratic with a vicious slice was pretty good all day except for the first two holes. My putting was shocking though, kept leaving putts way too short and it cost me a couple more pars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Ciaranra

Second practice castlecomber 6 over match sat

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Osgoodisgood

79 at St Margaret's on Sunday for 36 points

2 birdies
    10 pars
    4 bogeys
    2 doubles

4/14 fairways
    8/18 GIR

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

44 pts Saturday should have been 46 but for a double on 17.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭snaphook

Work Society at the Old Head in Kinsale.

32 points. Well off the pace. 2 scratches.

Couldn't hit a solid iron shot for the first six holes but recovered and was +2 on the back nine before turning back into a strong breeze for 15, 16, 17.
    Wheels promptly came off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

95 on home course yesterday. Worst score of the year. Just one of those days. Found every tree, side hill lie, bunker, divot etc on the course and nothing dropped.
    Overshooting a lot of greens. Not making the adjustment from winter to summer correctly clubwise yet.
    More upset about the 90 I got the previous round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

33 pts around kilkenny.

A horrible 12 points on the front 9 as i was hitting my tee shots long and straight but my iron play was desperate and its putting serious pressure on my short game.

Improved on the back 9 with 21 points thanks to birdies on the two par 5's(missed a 6ft putt for eagle)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

32 points 93 blows around Cahir Park today, 3 scratches thrown in. First qualifying of the year on full summer rules so not too unhappy. Strange hitting a ball from it's natural lie...

1 over for 10. On a course called Annesley next to RCD.
    sort of a mini links.

playing RCD in am . Only problem is driver .

Hope to have 85 or less.

Seriously thinking of hitting a 6 iron off first. A sad day. Lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

1 over for 10. On a course called Annsely next to RCD.
    sort of a mini links.

playing RCD in am . Only problem is driver .

Hope to have 85 or less.

Seriously thinking of hitting a 6 iron off first. A sad day. Lol.

How much are you getting out on RCD for mate?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Played 6 holes this evening

One par and the rest was pure muck. 50 wouldn't be too far off mark!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Managed to get out onto the old course for a quick nine in Headfort. first time on the old and found it great. Enjoyable as the New Course but in a different way.

1 Double, 7 Bogey's and a par for 9 Over. Going of my old HC of 23 I think it was 21 points.

Best shot of the day was a long drive rolling out to 280yds down the middle.

Worst of the day was right after when I shanked the PW lol

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭clouter

Played Bunclody this morning. Fantastic course and great day for it.

Had 1 par, 5 bogeys and 4 Dbl Bogeys. 8 Scratches!!!

17pts off 18HC. Actually my best score of my short golf career!!.
    Horrible front 9 yielded only 5pts but had good back 9 highlight of which was sticking a 6i to 10ft on Par3 14th after being allowed play through!!

Will definitely be returning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

It was so long ago I can't remember !!!! :( :rolleyes: :D

85 around Royal County Down.
    Perfect weather.
    Had a good chance of a good score. But short putting and driving still weak.

Had a 7 on 17. In crazy grass in bunker.

A new type of pressure to stand up and drive on first with about 20 lads , caddies and American lads.

Perfect day. Wind stronger then it felt.

Will be back.

A lad on here had a sub 80 score. That is great golf.
    I think it is almost impossible there to avoid a big score.
    almost today.

Back in a year or so.

The Island next. You can have a great holiday in Ireland.

Back to real life Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

33points 93 shots around Thurles today. Started poorly with 5 points thru 4. 3 3 putts, 2 1putts, 37 in total. Really not putting well at all, definitely 3 or 4 makeables left out there. End of last year I was hitting 30-33 putts worst case.

Beautiful beautiful day enjoyed every bit of it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement