Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How did you score in your last round?? ... 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

How about this for a round today......

Double bogey
    Birdie
    Bogey
    Birdie
    Par
    Bogey
    Birdie
    Par
    Par
    Double bogey
    Par
    Par
    Birdie
    Par
    Double bogey
    Par
    Par
    Bogey

So many emotions in one game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭cjfitz

First round of Purcell practice tonight, 12 holes. Me and my partner were +4 for 12 holes and were 3 up in our match. Pretty happy with that. We weren't spectacular but we were very solid :) pretty pleased

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭kieran.

30 points off 22 in a open competition this evening. headed out for a game of pitch and putt this morning with my son this morning and sharpeed up my short game no end. another round of what could have been 3 points after 5 holes 27 for next 13. There is a decent round coming I can feel it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

kieran. wrote: »
    30 points off 22 in a open competition this evening. headed out for a game of pitch and putt this morning with my son this morning and sharpeed up my short game no end. another round of what could have been 3 points after 5 holes 27 for next 13. tbere a a decent round coming I can feel it.

Seem to be killing yourself with those opening holes kieran! Need to get firing early

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭kieran.

Seem to be killing yourself with those opening holes kieran! Need to get firing early

Ah its a killer first on mines a par 5 hit a love 4i of the tee today 220 yards second OB scrabbled a double bogey next a par 4 over water again lovely 4i second in the drink scrabbled a DB 3 putted next par 3 for a 5 scratched the next after a bad drive. same on on my nemesis hole par 5 5th. then solid golf. Soon real soon a good round

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,001 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Sometimes =kieran.;90086028]Ah its a killer first on mines a par 5 hit a love 4i of the tee today 220 yards second OB scrabbled a double bogey next a par 4 over water again lovely 4i second in the drink scrabbled a DB 3 putted next par 3 for a 5 scratched the next after a bad drive. same on on my nemesis hole par 5 5th. then solid golf. Soon real soon a good round[/QUOTE]

If you are hitting the ball that solid . You don't need to be going for them in 2. (Par 5)

The ones you are playing as 2 shots you could go 4-6-8
    Irons.
    I'm guessing you can hit a 6 , 180 -190.

3× 190 = 570. On all par 5 holes. In fact in summer and shorter par 5. The 3rd club will be an 8 or less.
    Sometimes if a hole is not working. Totally change your strategy and results will change.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Went out for 9 holes of this funny auld game in that glorious sunshine last night. Ended up out with 2 lads who were playing a 9 hole competition that runs on a Thursday. What a difference a few days make!!

4 pars
    4 bogeys
    1 double

Should have been 8 pars if my putter had behaved a bit better as I left 4 just on the lip of the hole for tap in bogeys but I'm not complaining as its been so much better than last few times playing.
    Nobody around to finish off the last 9 holes so spent an hour at the practice green practising every possible shot I could imagine I need in a round and walked away very happy!! It was chipping that caused me the double as well so work well needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Charlie, just an FYI in case you don't know.
    Your 3 cards for HC don't need to be 18 holes, I.e you can put 2 * 9 holes to make up a round.

Just said I'd mention it as I know you're trying to get your 3rd one in and 2 9's might be handier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Felexicon

29 points in Corballis this morning. Left plenty out there. My putting let me down at times but was solid from 100 yards in.
    Some day for it too

PARlance wrote: »
    Charlie, just an FYI in case you don't know.
    Your 3 cards for HC don't need to be 18 holes, I.e you can put 2 * 9 holes to make up a round.

Just said I'd mention it as I know you're trying to get your 3rd one in and 2 9's might be handier.

cheers dude, yupp I was aware of that. Am playing the second 9 in the next few days. Hopefully I can keep this run going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Macker1

Played in the open at Naas this morning. Best day of weather for golf I have experienced this year by a country mile. I haven't played Naas in well over 20 years and back then it was only a 9-Hole. It was well worth the wait because apart from playing very well the course was in great condition and a pleasure to play.

11 Pars
    4 Bogeys
    3 Double Bogeys

Shot an 81 off 17 which brought me home in 43 points
    18pts on the front which included a bad scratch on a simple Par 3 which is Index 18. I three putted from a little over 8 foot (Matt Kuchar would have been proud)
    25pts on the back which I scorched with 8 Pars and 1 Double Bogey (This was unfortunate as I came back off a green onto a slope into a water hazard)

Positives from the round apart from the scoring was a strong mental performance after the silly scratch which I blanked from my mind before getting to the next tee box. In addition I ended with 7 straight pars :D due to some excellent up and downs from bunkers on two holes in succession and another 2 par saving putts from 10 foot. On another day that could well have been 4 bogeys which would have damaged the card.

This will be my first cut of the season which has been well overdue so very happy indeed. First Medal of the season at home club in the morning so going in positive.

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Went out for 9 holes of this funny auld game in that glorious sunshine last night. Ended up out with 2 lads who were playing a 9 hole competition that runs on a Thursday. What a difference a few days make!!

4 pars
    4 bogeys
    1 double

Should have been 8 pars if my putter had behaved a bit better as I left 4 just on the lip of the hole for tap in bogeys but I'm not complaining as its been so much better than last few times playing.
    Nobody around to finish off the last 9 holes so spent an hour at the practice green practising every possible shot I could imagine I need in a round and walked away very happy!! It was chipping that caused me the double as well so work well needed.

Good to hear Charlie. Keep it up

Excellent scoring again Macker, well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Played 6 holes this morning before work, some good, some ok, some dreadful :)

Finished off by eagling a par 5 with a 6i from 155m, happy days!

(will see how that lasts for tomorrow!)

GreeBo wrote: »
    Played 6 holes this morning before work, some good, some ok, some dreadful :)

Finished off by eagling a par 5 with a 6i from 155m, happy days!

(will see how that lasts for tomorrow!)

Must be a great feeling when this happens. Did you see it going into the hole or was it a blind shot.

Macker1 wrote: »
    Played in the open at Naas this morning. Best day of weather for golf I have experienced this year by a country mile. I haven't played Naas in well over 20 years and back then it was only a 9-Hole. It was well worth the wait because apart from playing very well the course was in great condition and a pleasure to play.

11 Pars
    4 Bogeys
    3 Double Bogeys

Shot an 81 off 17 which brought me home in 43 points
    18pts on the front which included a bad scratch on a simple Par 3 which is Index 18. I three putted from a little over 8 foot (Matt Kuchar would have been proud)
    25pts on the back which I scorched with 8 Pars and 1 Double Bogey (This was unfortunate as I came back off a green onto a slope into a water hazard)

Positives from the round apart from the scoring was a strong mental performance after the silly scratch which I blanked from my mind before getting to the next tee box. In addition I ended with 7 straight pars :D due to some excellent up and downs from bunkers on two holes in succession and another 2 par saving putts from 10 foot. On another day that could well have been 4 bogeys which would have damaged the card.

This will be my first cut of the season which has been well overdue so very happy indeed. First Medal of the season at home club in the morning so going in positive.

Fair play Macker, I predict an ESR is on the cards :D

And I reckon we might have Dar_Cool mark 2 on the way, you'll could be in line for a photo shoot come the end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Only managed to get nine in on Headfort New, younger brother was with me and lost all his balls into the water so called it a day.

3 Doubles
    1 Treble
    1 Par
    1 Birdie
    3 Bogeys

Best - PW from 125 to withing 1.5ft of the pin for Birdie on the Par5

Worst - Toe'd the 5i on the par3 into the water giving me my second drop of the day

• Registered Users Posts: 14 bruachlan

Managed to convince the boss to let me take a customer out this evening so played open singles in ballyneety. Ended up with a disappointing 31 pts off 20. Have been playing really well for last 6 weeks and this feels like a step back.

2 pars
    10 bogeys
    5 doubles
    1 scratch on a short par 4

Drives leaking right, distance control all over the place, either overshooting greens or leaving myself 2 clubs short and putting erratic at best.

Worst of all, I was 4 up with 6 to play in a match play to see who bought the coffees and lost on the 18th.

Boss let's you take a customer out so yous go play an open!!!!

Absolutely love it :)

Fair play

• Advertisement

ForeRight wrote: »
    Boss let's you take a customer out so yous go play an open!!!!

Absolutely love it :)

Fair play

Boss will be happy if he tells him he blew a 4 hole lead just to keep a customer sweet

Boss will be happy if he tells him he blew a 4 hole lead just to keep a customer sweet

I used to just picture those golf "work" meetings as being cringey and now I picture the lads signing in on the computer with their GUI cards for an open all serious ha

• Registered Users Posts: 14 bruachlan

It's bad manners and bad business to beat the customers ;) and I got a nice order out of it.

First medal this morning in sideways rain at times. Horrible playing conditions.

Some bad but lots good for 79 playing off 5.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

ForeRight wrote: »
    First medal this morning in sideways rain at times. Horrible playing conditions.

Some bad but lots good for 79 playing off 5.

First bad day in a long while in fairness, great weather the last two weeks or so, I'm skipping today and heading out tomorrow instead, much better weather in the morning...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

30 pts off 13 in gowran today. Happy enough tbh considering the conditions, struck my irons well and my short game was sharp. Lost a few tee shots right which hurt my score. Onwards and upwards....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

34 with one scratch in galway bay. Thankfully back to playing some semblance of what i know i can. Highlight was hitting a 9 iron second shot to a par 5 and lipping out eagle putt from 15 foot.
    Aftrt last weeks disaster the hunger is back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

n/r in a stroke play. Slight miscalculation on my part, I thought I was outside buffer potential, so when I couldn't find my tee shot or provisional on the 15th I just scratched it. Really armsy off the tee, not committing to the shot - a fairly reasonably reaction to only my 2nd round of golf in as many months.

scrubber72 wrote: »
    34 with one scratch in galway bay. Thankfully back to playing some semblance of what i know i can. Highlight was hitting a 9 iron second shot to a par 5 and lipping out eagle putt from 15 foot.
    Aftrt last weeks disaster the hunger is back.

Must have been some drive to leave only a 9 iron in. Glad to hear your playing better.

Macker1 wrote: »
    Must have been some drive to leave only a 9 iron in. Glad to hear your playing better.

Card says 476 yards and ended up on 150 marker. Big wind behind and cut corner so didn't travel 320 probably 250.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

16th?

• Advertisement

16th?

6th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

92 blows at home today. 34 off 18. 37 putts with 3 three putts. Seven drives missed to the right as predicted, and a three wood into the trees on 8 for a scratch. Had a few lip outs. Can do better. Out in the morning at half seven for stroke play competition. Conditions expected to be more benign.

http://golfshot.com/rounds/detail/116-21964397-21964525

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Ciaranra

Won away in castlecomber 4&3 cill dara won 5-4 first round prov towns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

First round of pairs match play today. Got up 4&3 after making the turn 1 down. Nice to come back from that with wins on 10, 11, 12, 14 & 15.

I was hitting it well on the back nine and my partner kept making putts. Good day out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Shot 86 around Dundrum house in testing conditions today for 40 points off 18.
    Pretty happy with that, probably my best round ever.

8 pars
    7 bogeys
    2 doubles
    1 treble

One scratch, 37 putts, all in all a very good day :)

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

90 shots in stroke competition today. Mad back nine with a chip in for par, a 30ft putt on the last for birdie, to be matched on the flip side by and eight and two sevens. Four pars on the back 9 balanced a 45 in and out.

The eight was unlucky when a 3 wood I knew was gambley cracked into the small tree I was hoping to avoid and shot off at 90 degs across the fairway into OB. First stroke comp ever and with more experience I might have taken my meds there and played a few other shots differently to boot.

Putting from 3 feet still costing me. Missing two a round, this time on 3 and 10.

Happy enough overall. Got as many breaks as bad luck. Started with two pars so couldn't help feeling I let it get away a little throughout the round.

http://golfshot.com/rounds/detail/117-21983976-21984105

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Rippeditup

80 in stackstown today with 3 x double bogeys and 1 quadruple bogey.
    Stuffed about 4/5 pitches and bladed 2 wedges through greens from the middle of the fairway which resulted in double bogies & quadruple.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭ballyk

90 gross, 74 nett in the Intermediate Scratch Cup in Thurles today off the blue tees. Highlight was a birdie on 15 (drive cut the corner, 9 iron from 120 yards and a 12 foot putt), nearly followed it up with a second birdie on 16 when a chip from off the green looked to be in all the way only to turn away just at the hole).

Apart from 15 I couldn't buy a long putt. Too many doubles but not too bad overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

35 points in St Margrets on Friday, played the best I have played in a long time but putting cost me a great score. I had 4 three putts and two of them were for eagle.

I think I also won the longest drive, which is rare for me, one of my partners measured it at 311 yards, I have no idea what I did or how it went that far but would love to have it in bottle to to use again.

Hadn't played the course in years and was really impressed with the condition bar the greens which were deplorable, hopefully they will survive and the course will get back to its former glory, too good of a course to go to the wall.

J

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Dealerz

The pro shop in st Margaret's told me they were "perfect" before I headed out a few weeks ago....by far the worst greens I've played, st Anne's pitch and putt are better... Hopefully someone sorts out the greens as the course layout is quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Rippeditup

35 points in St Margrets on Friday, played the best I have played in a long time but putting cost me a great score. I had 4 three putts and two of them were for eagle.

I think I also won the longest drive, which is rare for me, one of my partners measured it at 311 yards, I have no idea what I did or how it went that far but would love to have it in bottle to to use again.

Hadn't played the course in years and was really impressed with the condition bar the greens which were deplorable, hopefully they will survive and the course will get back to its former glory, too good of a course to go to the wall.

J

Played there on Wed as a playing lesson and I was the same, the course looks great but the greens where awful. They are struggling for cash and the natural grass is killing the grass in the greens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Dealerz

Rippeditup wrote: »
    Played there on Wed as a playing lesson and I was the same, the course looks great but the greens where awful. They are struggling for cash and the natural grass is killing the grass in the greens

- the greens didn't even look cut when I played, like they just rolled them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭jokser250

99 shots today off 18 in a stroke-play competition . My driving was very poor today as was 4 wood off the deck , I ll need to get a lesson or 2 to try , some bad habits creeping back in , 2 quadruple bogeys and 3 treble bogeys because of finding trouble off the tee .

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

81 today for nett 73
    9 pars
    8 bogey's
    1 double
    35 putts

2 three putts & 3 short ones missed too.
    Was +8 after nine so happy enough that I knuckled down for +2 on the back nine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭Danny dyers double

32 points off 21 in Lisheen Springs today .

Driver was on fire today , couldn't believe how well I was hitting it . Found the bunker on 15th off the tee and ended right up against the wall of it and then duffed a chip on edge of green that resulted in my only scratch of the day . But it killed my round as I only scored 4 points for the last 3 holes .

My chipping around the greens is becoming a real problem and Ill never get any lower till I sort it out , it's a strange one because I know I can play the shots , I practice it the most but the minute I'm on course I'm a nervous mess over them .

But lots of positives today so I'm happy enough .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

Can I just scrap the post and say I was well and truly beaten up by the course, my head and my silly hands/torso? Thanks.

Only plus point was one of my two birds has me in the twos club.

I'll certainly be back mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

36 pts today off 15 in Killorglin. It was my first competitive 18 holes of the season on my home course, happy enough apart from a few short putts missed.

6 pars
    9 bogeys
    3 doubles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

-1 net in today's medal off 13. Happy with a lot today, some mistakes (4 putt) but nothing else really bad. Found more fairways and the difference was huge. Hitting a 7 iron when it would have been a hybrid the week before.

The nice weather helps too

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

94/93 with playing partner. I still think we should get bonus points for pinging golf buggies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Joined Blessington Lakes today in order to get myself a handicap. First card:

Shot 86

6 Doubles
    3 Bogeys
    8 Pars
    1 Birdie

Left a lot out there. Only my second round of the year though so happy enough.

Advertisement