Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How did you score in your last round?? ... 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Super stuff Macker!!
    My game is back on track also after 38 points off 7 in glen of the downs at the weekend had 39 off 7 in howth today, -1 on the back nine.should get me back down to 6. Was really starting to worry I couldnt put a score together. Happy days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Macker1

dar_cool wrote: »
    Super stuff Macker!!
    My game is back on track also after 38 points off 7 in glen of the downs at the weekend had 39 off 7 in howth today, -1 on the back nine.should get me back down to 6. Was really starting to worry I couldnt put a score together. Happy days

Great Shooting Dar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Open singles on galway bay. 39 off 17 with 2 scratches both on front 9. 17 out 22 back. Knocked drive on first into heavy rough and thought here we go again. Hacked out, knocked iron, sliced 3w,hooked 7iron twice. Picked up. Bad drive on two then something just clicked. Better was on fire. Only 21 putts for 16 holes(other scratch was picked up before green). Driving so so irons poor to decent but short game was class. Don't know if it featured but in with a shout.

scrubber72 wrote: »
    Open singles on galway bay. 39 off 17 with 2 scratches both on front 9. 17 out 22 back. Knocked drive on first into heavy rough and thought here we go again. Hacked out, knocked iron, sliced 3w,hooked 7iron twice. Picked up. Bad drive on two then something just clicked. Better was on fire. Only 21 putts for 16 holes(other scratch was picked up before green). Driving so so irons poor to decent but short game was class. Don't know if it featured but in with a shout.

Excellent Shooting Scrubber :)

Its great when the putter is hot.

Macker1 wrote: »
    Played Lucan Open earlier today making the most of the good weather and taking advantage of the wife's patience after 4 rounds over the last 6 days :D

Really enjoyed the day again as my game was on song for the most part

Shot an 81 gross for 40pts

39 on Front 9 and 42 on Back 9

3 Birdies :D
    4 Pars :)
    9 Bogeys :(
    2 Doubles :mad:

Driver a lot more consistent finding most fairways which greatly helps avoiding the trees in Lucan
    A few issues again with my putter from just off greens which led to some 3 Putts. Having said that the putter was quite hot in sinking a lot of good putts on such wonderful and slick greens. Compliments to the Greens-keepers at Lucan. The greens are by far the best I've played on. The roll is true and it comes down to how well you read your line and stroke your putt. The rest of course is also in great condition.

Another cut on the way and hopefully a podium finish.

PS maybe even an ESR will apply :D

Ended up placing 4th with 40pts after a count back. 2 players with 41pt and another 40pt pipped me.

No issues as the big bonus is the cut to handicap

1.2 cut for round and then an ESR of 1 on top. :D Now down to 11.3 :eek:

Really need to work on cutting out silly 3 putts to keep improvement going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Ended up placing 4th with 40pts after a count back. 2 players with 41pt and another 40pt pipped me.

No issues as the big bonus is the cut to handicap

1.2 cut for round and then an ESR of 1 on top. :D Now down to 11.3 :eek:

Really need to work on cutting out silly 3 putts to keep improvement going.

Niceeeee :D , Id say the handicap secretary knows you well at this stage!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Hermitage on Saturday with work golf society. Scratched nine holes, but still scored 20 points. Drove it really well, but pitched horribly.

Baltray today. 24 points off 18 with five scratches.

I really need a short game lesson.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭leroythelegend

37 points yesterday off 15 in The Curragh open singles. Doubles on 6, 7, 11 and a scratch on 12 after I drove into trees. Zero birdies but pars on the last 4 holes was a solid finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Played a corporate day in Powerscourt yesterday.

Was absolutely stink and injured my neck shoulder on the 14th. played on, but in pieces this morning.

amazing how you can go from playing so well to so badly in so short a time. The lads I was playing with were questioning my handicap, I was that bad.

such a frustrating sport!:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭dcrosskid

Played a corporate day in Powerscourt yesterday.

Was absolutely stink and injured my neck shoulder on the 14th. played on, but in pieces this morning.

amazing how you can go from playing so well to so badly in so short a time. The lads I was playing with were questioning my handicap, I was that bad.

such a frustrating sport!:o

Don't worry about it Johnny, can happen to anyone. Played with a mate of mine 2 or 3 months back in a competition, he plays off 8 and he had 9 scratches. Shocking bad he was the same day, but I've seen him burn it up plenty of times. It comes and goes and before you know it you'll be back to playing to your handicap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,001 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Nice round today 36 points in Corballis. With two lads from here.

Nothing spectactular. Just keeping ball in play in a 2 club wind.

Only one over on back.

Good chance of a cat win.

Funny I nearly always get cut out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Played Edmondstown for first time ever. Fab course in great Nick. 35pts off 25. 4 pars including 2 on low index holes. Only one scratch. Won society outing! Hit 90 balls in driving range 2 hours beforehand..

scrubber72 wrote: »
    only saw results today. Win and cut 0.9 still at 17.(16.5)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭shane 007

Very disappointing today, qualifier for Captain's prize. First time playing off new handicap of 13. Wasn't hitting the ball well at all today. Driver let me down.
    Finished with a net 73 2 over. Might just scrape in to play next week but scores carry over, fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

78 off 11 for 67 nett in Rathcore June Medal today.

Pretty much the best 18 holes I've played in a strokes comp. Hopefully enough for a win but more importantly a nice cut on way and maybe just maybe an ESR.

1 Bird
    12 Pars
    3 Bogeys
    2 doubles

FIR 86%
    GIR 56%
    Putts 31

Glad to see all the hard work paying off but lots to do still.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Poor day today 100 strokes in the intermediate sratch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Kace

Best day in a while for me and unbelievable as I haven't hit a ball in 2 weeks - 37pts off 10 - 80 blows

2 birds
    6 pars
    9 bogeys
    1 double

7.7% DIF
    44.4% GIF
    32 putts

Requires improvement in driving (big time) and putting but no penalty strokes and no lost balls - that's the ticket for me !!

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭ballyk

92 shots in the intermediate scratch cup in Shannon today (49 on the front, 43 on the back). First time playing the course. Scorcher of a day for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Played claremorris open today, great value at 15 quid, course is in absolutely fantastic condition. The greens are running as true as any as I have played on recently.

Started off with 3 bogies and then everything just clicked. 2 under through the next 6 holes to turn at 24 points. And then i just couldn't keep it going. 2 one pointers left me struggling to keep the score going. Managed to come home with 17 points for 41. Was happy enough with that. Best round around there and my best round this year.

41pts(81)
    24 front (37)
    17 back (44)

Might see me get a prize but in this weather I doubt it!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Absolute stinker today. Nett 84 in Moate. Ok on front 9 but my worst back 9 in a long time. I just completely lost interest after 9 holes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

40pts in East Clare on Friday and 30pts for 14 holes at home this morning off 16. Hitting driver and irons so well. Very happy with the game right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭cjfitz

Stroke qualifier today for the club (Castleisland) match play. Had 85 strokes for 72 nett. Finished 20th, top 16 qualify. Pretty disappointed. Had a bad start, was +6 after 4 holes, so am happy with how I battled after that.

Had 85 yesterday in Newcastle West yesterday for 35 points. Out in 15, home with 20. I had 5 one putt pars in a row fom the 13th-17th, so I was delighted with that.

Def left a handful out there each day. At least the confidence in my short game has returned. Onwards and upwards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Was in Perthshire, Scotland for the weekend, missus said I could sneak in a round if it was early on the Saturday, found a lovely course, the rannelroch in Alyth. It was in great nick, pretty straightforward but tough greens and bunkers.

First time in a year I played to my handicap (16) missed a lot of birdie putts and par putts. New Callaway putter and changed grip is going well. Was first out on the course, strolling around enjoying the views , life was good!
    Back home for a wedding next weekend will play youghal and hopefully the customary visit to Waterrock.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

35 points, 18 on the front 9 and 17 on the back. had 34 points after 14 tho. Eagled the 10th which was a nice start with 5 points followed up by 2 pars but the wheels came off big style after that a right disaster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

the lawman wrote: »
    78 off 11 for 67 nett in Rathcore June Medal today.

Pretty much the best 18 holes I've played in a strokes comp. Hopefully enough for a win but more importantly a nice cut on way and maybe just maybe an ESR.

1 Bird
    12 Pars
    3 Bogeys
    2 doubles

FIR 86%
    GIR 56%
    Putts 31

Glad to see all the hard work paying off but lots to do still.

Enough for the win in the Medal on a countback but more importantly an ESR was obviously applied and I'm cut to 9.1. Over the moon.

Currently a single digit golfer. **** me that sounds good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

So my time at the post lesson range time definitely starting to pay off in terms of ball striking.

Had 2 rounds at the weekend, 1st Saturday evening out in old conna for a friendly round with a mate. Was very relaxed stuff. Never played the course before & shot 35 points with 1 scratch. The scratch was a result of a lost ball when we weren't really spending any time looking at all.

Then Sunday our in the medal in Grange Castle. Started with a nice par, but from that point on has probably the unluckiest day I've had on the greens. Had at least 5 lip out putts that would have been the difference between a cut & a missed buffer. Unfortunately I finished with 87 strokes off 12 to miss buffer by 1.

Gave myself a really solid platform all day off the tee, 71% FIR. Didn't convert that to enough GIR though, hitting 33%.

They had put fresh sand in a lot of the bunkers which ended up hurting me as I plugged pretty deeply in a couple of them.

Ended up with 36 Putts in the day, worst putting performance for a couple if months.

I'm thinking I definitely need a change of scenery next year. GC just won't bring my game on enough. Really on the par 4s you're hitting driver/3w on every tee to be left with a mid-long iron in. No real options in terms of course management.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

etxp wrote: »
    Played claremorris open today, great value at 15 quid, course is in absolutely fantastic condition. The greens are running as true as any as I have played on recently.

Started off with 3 bogies and then everything just clicked. 2 under through the next 6 holes to turn at 24 points. And then i just couldn't keep it going. 2 one pointers left me struggling to keep the score going. Managed to come home with 17 points for 41. Was happy enough with that. Best round around there and my best round this year.

41pts(81)
    24 front (37)
    17 back (44)

Might see me get a prize but in this weather I doubt it!

This was enough for the win. A g25 driver was the prize. I just got a new driver a couple of bloody months ago ha! Looking at a cut of 1.5 down too 11.7

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭lester76

Road trip today drove up to dundrum co.tipp for open singles. Well wish I hadn't 19pts had 4 blanks on the front 9 & another 2 on the bck9. Beautiful course in great condition, but jesus its tough & very long.

the lawman wrote: »
    Enough for the win in the Medal on a countback but more importantly an ESR was obviously applied and I'm cut to 9.1. Over the moon.

Currently a single digit golfer. **** me that sounds good.

Nice one,

"Now drive on" :)

No great feeling.

30pts off 16 in Portumna. Will put it down to bad luck and no course knowledge. Felt I struck the ball well but found some unlucky spots at times. Three scratches on the back nine for 12pts.Ran out of steam. Putter been cold for last couple of rounds too.

Lovely track. €15 during open week a steal. Sorry I played so badly in the end as it took away from my enjoyment of the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Wombatman wrote: »
    Felt I struck the ball well but found some unlucky spots at times.

It's that type of course:rolleyes:

What did you do on the Par 5 12th(maybe not the 12th)??

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭plumber77

Sharp dogleg par 5 is the 12th alright. I wouldn't be a fan to be honest. Love the course overall though. 15 quid is some value.

plumber77 wrote: »
    Sharp dogleg par 5 is the 12th alright. I wouldn't be a fan to be honest. Love the course overall though. 15 quid is some value.

6 iron - 8 iron - wedge.

I don't think a drive is the shot for anybody there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

6 iron - 8 iron - wedge.

I don't think a drive is the shot for anybody there.

Drive over dogleg down forestry path, PW back up the path, 8 iron to green:D:D:D

If you were able to cut the ball on demand, you could hit Driver/9 iron.

The great Risk/Reward, perfect for our society day.

ssbob wrote: »
    Drive over dogleg down forestry path, PW back up the path, 8 iron to green:D:D:D

If you were able to cut the ball on demand, you could hit Driver/9 iron.

The great Risk/Reward, perfect for our society day.

Don't see that shot for 98 % of golfer at that outing :D

ssbob wrote: »
    It's that type of course:rolleyes:

What did you do on the Par 5 12th(maybe not the 12th)??

Funnily enough this is when things started to unravel. Parked the trolley and took the driver and 3 wood to the tee. Was hitting the driver well so I said WTF I'll fade this around the corner easy. You have to try these shots sometime.

Too far right and just Ob. May have made it through but didn’t find it.

3 wood. Hybrid. Wedge to green with second ball.

Damn you Mark Boardie :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭lester76

34pts in faithlegg this morning 15pts out & 19pts bck with 1par on the 16th par3 rest dbs & bogeys scored on every hole. Putting again was just awful 6 bloody 3putts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Didn't get out today but the younger brother did.

Played in a Junior Comp, his first and came in 3rd with 93 strokes and 7 under off the 28 they gave him in Headfort Old. I'd say its his 20th game, wish I picked it up that quick !

Out in Lucan open on Tuesday.

Started well with a solid par but wheels went off the very next hole with a 5-putt. (yes you read that correct 5 putts from just off the fringe)

I said it before the greens at Lucan are the best I've played on. Very slick but very true if read correctly.

This start summed up my day with only 12 pts on the front after scratching 4 holes. On the back nine I had a little wager with one of my friends and this led to 18pts on the back which involved some nicely played holes

30pts total and .1 back :(

Bring on the Captains Qualifier at home this weekend

• Advertisement

Lady captains prize to men last Sunday. Started well with 19 points after 8 then unbelievably after hitting a seven iron from 160mts out of rough to blind green managed to play wrong ball from bunker as i thought i couldn't possibly be on green. Scratched it and it hit me hard. Bogey golf for next 3 then a clink of light par birdie only to be quenched with doubles home and scratch on last. 34 points and a bitter taste. The was glad to heard wing score. 47 points of 17. 26 back nine. By a man in has mid 70's.
    There is always time lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

34 at Los Colinas
    12 out 22 back
    Highlight on par 5 18
    Hammered driver & 3w into green side bunker
    Nearly holed 20y bunker shot for eagle missed 3ft back for birdie 😩

Super course & serious test from back tees
    Well worth a go for any one out around Campoamor
    Has held senior qualifying & 2nd stage of qualifying for euro tour

Melted in 30+ degrees....that's my excuse 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭leroythelegend

38 points off 15 in the open singles yesterday evening in the curragh, 1 better than last week.
    9 pars
    6 bogeys
    2 doubles
    1 scratch
    Feel like the game is in good shape, 2 poor drives cost me. Hopefully I'll go well the weekend.

35 points today in the captain's qualifier which should mean I'm safely in for next Sunday without being really in the mix.

Wasn't too hot off the tee today but scrambled fairly well (had to :(). Didn't have much luck with the putter. Lagged very well,but missed a couple of short ones for up & downs that I've been holing with confidence recently.

One scratch, one double, the rest a mix of pars & bogeys

Could have been better, could have been a lot worse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Had 33 points today, not a great score but very happy with my back 9. Had 13 on the front 9 and 20 on the bank 9. So 33 with 2 scratches and 3 single pointers wasn't too bad

35 points today in the captain's qualifier which should mean I'm safely in for next Sunday without being really in the mix.

Wasn't too hot off the tee today but scrambled fairly well (had to :(). Didn't have much luck with the putter. Lagged very well,but missed a couple of short ones for up & downs that I've been holing with confidence recently.

One scratch, one double, the rest a mix of pars & bogeys

Could have been better, could have been a lot worse

Well done Spacecoyote. Solid enough score and as said now able to look forward to the main event/scoops next week. I playing tomorrow afternoon (halfday off work) to hopefully qualify. I think its top 140 players and ties go thru over Sat and Sun

Any good scores in today and how was the course looking.??

• Advertisement

Well done Spacecoyote. Solid enough score and as said now able to look forward to the main event/scoops next week. I playing tomorrow afternoon (halfday off work) to hopefully qualify. I think its top 140 players and ties go thru over Sat and Sun

Any good scores in today and how was the course looking.??

Not sure what kind of scores were in macker but didn't hear much around the club house of anything too outlandish while I was there.

Course was in great nick; despite a bit of rain was still pretty firm & the greens were running fairly quickly. They had a few more of the blue tees set on the back boxes which was good as the likes of the 4th & 11th are less of a test up from the whites.

Monthly medal. 86 gross for 69 nett. 42 out 44 back. Happy i kept it together after a double on 11 and triple on 12.

Won cat prize off 15.6 now. Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Nett 69 for a 5th place finish today in our Vice Captains Prize at Moate. No prize and cut to 13.6 but I was happy to play a nice steady round.

38 pts in the Captains Qualifier today. Should be safely thru to the main event next Sunday so whatever happens I will be having a bit of BBQ washed down by a few Bulmers

Game was quite strange with 17 pts on the front and 21 on the back. My driving was rubbish for most of the round, I managed some good up and downs and my putter was on fire which saved me a lot.

44 pts I believe is the leading score in the Qualifiers

38 pts in the Captains Qualifier today. Should be safely thru to the main event next Sunday so whatever happens I will be having a bit of BBQ washed down by a few Bulmers

Game was quite strange with 17 pts on the front and 21 on the back. My driving was rubbish for most of the round, I managed some good up and downs and my putter was on fire which saved me a lot.

44 pts I believe is the leading score in the Qualifiers

good shooting macker,looks like it'll be around the 31/32 mark to qualify going by scores on howdidido.

Looking at it, 44 is leading alright. there's a lad shot 43 dq'd for not signing card, he won't be a happy camper

• Advertisement
Advertisement