Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How did you score in your last round?? ... 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

They will scrap the 103. Reckon you will get 18

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Did you have any trebles on the cards or scratches?
    Or an birdies on the harder holes?

I put in some similar (slightly higher) for my HC but I had a few scratches and trebles but then I had 3 birdies, one on an index 3 so I think its why it was brought down.

Either way, congrats, I'd say its a weight off your mind, it was for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Montgolfier

1 Birdie
    9 Pars
    5 Bogeys
    2 doubles
    1 Scratch (lost drive on index 1)
    Total 43pts (19hcp)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Better day today at home course. Putter a little cold.
    Placing fairways, dropping rough. Bunkers still GUR (should be back now surely). Tees easy to middling. Course dried up a lot in the last week and in pretty good shape other than the bunker craziness.

86 strokes

6 pars
    10 bogeys
    2 doubles

40 off 18. 20 front and back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭Danny dyers double

Wombatman wrote: »
    Better day today at home course. Putter a little cold.
    Placing fairways, dropping rough. Bunkers still GUR (should be back now surely). Tees easy to middling. Course dried up a lot in the last week and in pretty good shape other than the bunker craziness.

86 strokes

6 pars
    12 bogeys
    2 doubles

40 off 18. 20 front and back.
    Did you play 20 holes ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Ciaranra

Palmerstown house 6 over par for 40 pts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Did you play 20 holes ??

Doh. 10 bogeys. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭scubapro

Thank god for long weeekends, got to play 4 rounds in 4 days.
    Friday the European club with my west of Ireland teammates , 21 points, scratched the last three holes, was absolutely knackered carrying the bag, really enjoyed the course though and looking forward to returning.
    Saturday club comp, St patricks day cup,strokes comp off the blues and first counting comp of the year, it was place and clean on the fairway and play as it lies in the rough, I think it was a bit too early myself as the rough was still fairly wet with the ball picking up muck on the fairway and in the rough, check out the photo ,ball striking was decent but felt like I was behind every tree on the course.
    98 strokes for nett 81. Was disappointed really because I had a game plan and didn't stick to it, tried too many hero shots when stuck behind trees or within the spinnys, trying to shape the ball around or over trees instead of taking the medicine.

Sunday played open comp in balcarrick in fairly blustery conditions , played well enough finished with 34 points and 92 strokes par 73. Again ball striking was very good, had a few nasty bounces on the greens which cost me a few shots, the proverbial left a few out there. Regardless I have to say this was probably one of the most relaxing rounds of golf ever, no pressure, it was class. Got to say the course was in great condition,greens were a bit bumpy though they had been hollow tinned and sanded recently. it was also play as it lies everywhere, fairways were bone dry and rough was in good knick. Great to play golf where you are not cleaning and placing.

Monday open comp in naas, 37 points and 87 strokes par 71. Again the proverbial left a few out there. Driving was muck today but scrambled really well (maybe a lesson taken from Saturday) iron striking today was super.
    Such a contrast to yesterday, course was pretty wet in places and it was clean and place everywhere.

Where is your home course scuba, that rough looks fantastic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Ciaranra wrote: »
    Palmerstown house 6 over par for 40 pts

Serious score in Palmerstown House, that had to be the winning of it? What tees were in play for the competition and how was the course playing? Thinking of taking a day off in early April to play the open competition provided it's not off the forward bronze tees and bunkers are in play.

• Advertisement

Rikand wrote: »
    Where is your home course scuba, that rough looks fantastic!

Hahaha for all you grass fetishists out there :).
    It was the semi rough just off the fairway.
    Castlewarden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Surfing_Xboxer

32 points in single s/ford 15 hole comp

left a lot of points out there too :(

1 par
    2 bogey
    3 bogey
    4 bogey
    5 par
    6 par
    7 par
    8 bogey
    9 par
    10 double b
    11 bogey
    12 par
    13 double b
    14 double
    15 bogey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

32 points in single s/ford 15 hole comp

left a lot of points out there too :(

1 par
    2 bogey
    3 bogey
    4 bogey
    5 par
    6 par
    7 par
    8 bogey
    9 par
    10 double b
    11 bogey
    12 par
    13 double b
    14 double
    15 bogey

That's a 120 hole comp :)
    I'm a bit slow today, took me a while to realise that it was hole by hole scores.

Nice shooting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

37 points, 10 pars 8 bogeys. Happy enough, though a string cross wind played havoc with my driving & committment to the shot, so not going to play again until there is a calm day, felt I was losing my rhythm totally except on the mid to short irons.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

Gross 79 today in very windy conditions, nothing spectacular & nothing silly.

11 pars
    6 bogey's
    1 double bogey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

mafc wrote: »
    Gross 79 today in very windy conditions, nothing spectacular & nothing silly.

11 pars
    6 bogey's
    1 double bogey

No birdies? Not like you!

Barnaboy wrote: »
    No birdies? Not like you!

First time in a while without one, came close twice but neither fell in. Hopefully the next day... .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭GBXI

Played in my 1st ever competition and stopped after 16 to get home in time for the rugby on Saturday!

Had 31 points for the 16 holes, which I'm very happy with. My home course is Castlebar.

Played today in windy conditions once again.

Gross 78
    10 pars
    1 birdie
    6 bogey's
    1 double bogey

Couple of silly shots cost me a better score, but not too unhappy considering the conditions.

• Advertisement

May as well post up the bad ones too.
    Played Castlewarden Open yesterday in windy conditions and played horrible.

Managed one par all day and the rest is being blanked out.

Course in good condition but there's no way it was dry enough to have been just placing on the fairway.

With my driving off and a strong wind there was a lot of missed fairways. Spent half the time hitting a ball covered in muck.

Needless to say I was a couple shy of 30. :(

7 points for 15 holes today.

Lost 8 golf balls

And even had a birdie in there!

One of the worst days of golf in my life! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,001 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

7 points for 15 holes today.

Lost 8 golf balls

And even had a birdie in there!

One of the worst days of golf in my life! :D

Thanks for posting that - makes us feel normal here :)

Lads - should we change title in 2015 - how did you score in your last good or bad round.

I think we are coming out now, and making a gentleman's agreement that we post - not all - but our good and bad rounds.

That is what I'm doing anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Edmundy

I think we are coming out now, and making a gentleman's agreement that we post - not all - but our good and bad rounds.

That is what I'm doing anyway. :)[/QUOTE]

While not wishing anyone a bad round it's nice to feel you are not alone sometimes !

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I'd love to be posting more rounds, good or bad but am just not getting out playing lately. :(

Very badly.... The worst ever in fact.
    That is all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

30 in corballis today.
    Conditions were tough and my putting was terrible.
    1 scratch on the index 1 after being only about 40 yards back from the green after 2 shots was tough to swallow.

14 holes this afternoon
    7 pars
    7 bogey's

Was trying a swing change so not too bad.

PARlance wrote: »
    Very badly.... The worst ever in fact.
    That is all.

Nothing like a case of Boardsa****itis

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭lester76

8pars
    5bogies
    2dbs
    3 triples 😭bloody putting is just shocking 32putts altogether

84 today +12

7 pars
    2 birdies
    6 bogey's
    1 double
    2 trebles

Never made a putt 34 in total

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Rippeditup

Final handicap card and it was a disaster. I had about 45 putts in total. 87 starting with a triple/double/triple.

My cards are 77, 83 & 87 so consistency is not a strength at the moment. Putting is a disgrace but it was my first time really seeing the stackstown greens mowed down a bit and my god downhill putts are impossible 3 foot putt that lipped went 6 ft past when it missed as i babied it

33 points off my real handicap today, though 30 points in the society. Forward tees in Portumna so should have done better but got off to a very bad start, was 6 over par for the first 8 holes. Steadied the ship afterwards though thankfully and went +2 for the last 10 :)

Rippeditup wrote: »
    Final handicap card and it was a disaster. I had about 45 putts in total. 87 starting with a triple/double/triple.

My cards are 77, 83 & 87 so consistency is not a strength at the moment. Putting is a disgrace but it was my first time really seeing the stackstown greens mowed down a bit and my god downhill putts are impossible 3 foot putt that lipped went 6 ft past when it missed as i babied it

Your 87 will be ignored - they will base your handicap off your first 2 cards and whatever handicap you might have had before hand

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭ballyk

33 points off my real handicap today, though 30 points in the society. Forward tees in Portumna so should have done better but got off to a very bad start, was 6 over par for the first 8 holes. Steadied the ship afterwards though thankfully and went +2 for the last 10 :)

You were just trying to get 0.5 shots back to assist your assault on GOTY -
    looking to go 1 place better than last year...

ballyk wrote: »
    You were just trying to get 0.5 shots back to assist your assault on GOTY -
    looking to go 1 place better than last year...

haha, well with 30 points I'll be in the buffer zone unless there's some serious scores in :D

31 points in Portumna today with the lads.
    Had 17points on the 9th, my approach about 70 yards... Was adding the 3points already then went on to DB :(
    Turned with 18.

3 scratches on the back put pay to any hopes. 13 points on the way in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

32 points today at a windy mountain view.

Only my 2nd round of the year so its a solid start. Didn't play last year(fell out of love with the game), but im really starting to enjoy it again.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭shane 007

Disappointing scoring with 29 points at Portumna but great course. Horrendous start with 2 scratches. 11 points on out but respectable back nine with 18.

Playing Smurfit course in K Club tomorrow so hopefully can pull a few shots out of the bag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

83 strokes for a 71 nett in medal in Rathcore this morning. Played lovely front 9 and slipped a little on back when wind picked up nicely. A double on 14 and triple on 15 ruined a very good score. Still delighted with the score and how I played. Placing so non qualifying which is the only bummer.

1 Bird
    9 Pars
    5 Bogeys
    2 Doubles
    1 Triple (I hate you)

FIR 79%
    GIR 39%
    Putts 30

Don't think I've seen a FIR stat like that in a while Lawman. Great stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

A round of two halves;
    Front 9, terrible driving, terrible chipping & putting 11points
    Back 9, driver improved slightly, finally got to grips around the greens 20points.

31 points - 13hcp

I moved from a links course last year to a parkland this year, the short game just hasn't adjusted, I cant bump and run without ending up short and I can't hit the green without being 12ft past the pin. Loads of work needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

34 points today. Driving is coming on in leaps but putting is wwwwwooooooooeeeeeeffffffuuuuulllll.
    Just can't lag putt to save my life. Anything over 8 foot is 3 putt territory. Greens were hollowtined but it couldn't matter. Must of had 6 3putts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭jokser250

6 pars
    4 bogeys
    4 double bogeys
    4 triple bogeys
    94 gross 76 nett in a monthly medal comp . Few stupid decisions and 2 short putts missed but overall I'm pretty happy with first proper (no placing ) comp of the year.

It has got a bit more real around here lately.

We are going to have to look up more nouns and adjectices around here than awful.

horrendous, woeful, sickening, stupidity, balls, brain farting.

Benicetomonty is the man for that stuff. He will help us. But with him it is normally the positive versions. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭lester76

88 today 7pars,8bogies,1db,2tbs 37pts & 32putts again. Good score coming I can feel it in my bones..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭mag

77 (+4) for 73 nett.

happy enough considering i was +5 standing on the 4th tee & its the first round since last october..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

Serious game of two halves today. After a par, par start, proceeded to implode on the front 9 with 4 scratches :eek: Finished with only 11 points, by far my worst front 9 at my home course in living memory.

However started the back 9 with par, par, birdie- an absolute peach of a sand wedge from 100m out wind assisted and left it about 12 inches from the hole :)

Completed the back nine with 21 points for a total of 32.

Then, this afternoon I played 9 holes in 'training' for the Barton Cup. The team is not selected yet, but I have put my name down for the first time. Format was foursomes. Ended up being paired up with a 2 handicapper. Always love playing with these guys! Anyway we played really well together parring the first 8 holes and I sank a 40ft put for birdie at the last so we finished -1 for the nine. Actually not sure what we would be expected to shoot in that format but -1 seems good to me!

So 27 holes in one day and I'm now knackered but content. Best of all heard we are back on summer rules from next week :)

34 points in Portumna yesterday, was flying but the wheels came off on the 14th, head seriously dropped, not normally like me, I was too aware of my score, obviously we are all trying to win on the boards outings;-)
    35 points today in club singles, started well par, par,then scratched index 1,promised myself to take 4 iron off the tee and what do I do, yep driver, ended up in trees. Parred the next and went on for 18 points on front 17 on back, scratched 18 after again counting my score :'( wasn't too worried though not as much pressure as a boards outing!
    The last couple of holes were a real struggle, was out till 3am last night and was forced to drink quite a bit tequila.
    All in all very happy with my ball striking at the moment, plenty of practice needed on my short game though.

34 points without tequila.
    35 points with.

I like it.

Salt and lemon please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

scubapro wrote: »
    34 points in Portumna yesterday, was flying but the wheels came off on the 14th, head seriously dropped, not normally like me, I was too aware of my score, obviously we are all trying to win on the boards outings;-)
    35 points today in club singles, started well par, par,then scratched index 1,promised myself to take 4 iron off the tee and what do I do, yep driver, ended up in trees. Parred the next and went on for 18 points on front 17 on back, scratched 18 after again counting my score :'( wasn't too worried though not as much pressure as a boards outing!
    The last couple of holes were a real struggle, was out till 3am last night and was forced to drink quite a bit tequila.
    All in all very happy with my ball striking at the moment, plenty of practice needed on my short game though.

I'm sure it was very difficult to twist your arm alright scuba :D

Advertisement