Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booking.com

Options
  • 01-01-2014 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭

Hi, I booked a hotel room on booking.com the cancelation policy said i can cancel 2 days before. So i tried to cancel today which would be 2 days, as I'm traveling friday. anyone have this problem before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Hi, I booked a hotel room on booking.com the cancelation policy said i can cancel 2 days before. So i tried to cancel today which would be 2 days, as I'm traveling friday. anyone have this problem before?

Assuming you were unable to cancel - I'd expect a 2 day notice period to be 2 full days before arrival date. Therefore cancellation would have to be done on Tuesday at the latest for a Friday booking. You could possibly argue 48 hours back from check in time on Friday but that would only get you as far as this morning.

It usually tells you the exact time and date which you must cancel by. If you ring them though they will contact the hotel who will decide whether to charge you or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

It didn't give me a time, Just the 2 days so i presumed it could be done today, I emailed the hotel hopefully they won't get ratty as its 400 sterling

Ring them and get it sorted straight away, if the claim to have not gotten the email then you're screwed.

You would have gotten an email confirmation from booking.com I thought it usually had the cancellation details in it though I could be wrong.

yeah I will ring them.
    This is what it said on the email

Cancellation policy:
    If cancelled up to 2 days before date of arrival, no fee will be charged.If cancelled later or in case of no-show, the total price of the reservation will be charged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

yeah I will ring them.
    This is what it said on the email

Cancellation policy:
    If cancelled up to 2 days before date of arrival, no fee will be charged.If cancelled later or in case of no-show, the total price of the reservation will be charged.

I would see that as cancel on Tuesday at latest for Friday check in tbh. Fingers crossed the hotel sort you out.

I would see that as cancel on Tuesday at latest for Friday check in tbh. Fingers crossed the hotel sort you out.

Fingers crossed, Thanks for the help everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

I had this happen to me before. I rang Booking.com and was advised that I should have cancelled by 00.00 on the Tuesday night (I rang Wednesday morning) as that is two days before I would have checked in (check-in was a Friday)

Luckily they cancelled without charging me but did say something about it being a gesture of goodwill that I wouldn't be charged.

Best to ring them and sort it ASAP and get them to send you a confirmation email that it is cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭d1980

Hi there

Don't mean to resurrect an old thread but booked 2 weeks accommodation in Spain for the end of next month. Booked and paid in full back in November. Got an email earlier today saying that the hotel no longer has the room and will be cancelling without charge.
    The reason I booked in November was price and trying to be organised. Flights are already booked and I do have travel insurance but its family holiday so not going isn't an option.
    Problem I have is that any similar type accommodation I see now is twice the price,2.5k versus the 1200 I paid. I called them and they said they would see what they could do, but does anyone know what obligations they have, if any, to sort me out?

Thanks

Advertisement