Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tim Sherwood

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Hotspur Related @HotspurRelated 15s
    TalkSPORT claim Tottenham will announce Louis Van Gaal as their new head coach within the next 48 hours. #THFC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Well if the mail and talksport are reporting it, it must be true!;):D

Pros: the guy is a winner, has won trophies everywhere he has gone. Turned AZ into Dutch champions, first time in 28 years for any club outside the big three.

Cons: appears to be an absolute head case, has been known to fall out with players, club management and the press.

Verdict: Could be amazing, could be a car crash! Very Spursy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Sounds like our kind a guy alright.

Winner of trophies at every single club his managed, so expect his time at Spurs to be a complete cock up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Sounds like our kind a guy alright.

Winner of trophies at every single club his managed, so expect his time at Spurs to be a complete cock up.

AZ Alkmaar, Ajax, Barcelona and Bayern Munich were hardly in the same sort of position that Spurs are in.

It was easier to achieve results with those clubs.

irishmover wrote: »
    AZ Alkmaar, Ajax, Barcelona and Bayern Munich were hardly in the same sort of position that Spurs are in.

It was easier to achieve results with those clubs.

Why? Bar a position are two needing strengthening (and some deadwood offloaded) you could compare our squad to any in the premiership.

• Advertisement

Why? Bar a position are two needing strengthening (and some deadwood offloaded) you could compare our squad to any in the premiership.

Barring AZ all the others were already at the top of their game when he went in. Spurs haven't won the PL and have had one CL season.

The job to get spurs to be competing with Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City is fairly big to be honest. I'm just saying people think that this guy is going to come in having won trophies at all those other clubs and win with Spurs. He had an easier time at the others. Spurs are not an easy club to be the manager of.

Barring AZ all the others were already at the top of their game when he went in. Spurs haven't won the PL and have had one CL season.

The job to get spurs to be competing with Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City is fairly big to be honest. I'm just say

LFC have shown it's not that big a job, all you need is a pretty average squad, a decent manager the players have faith in and a Suarez.

The job to get spurs to be competing with Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City is fairly big to be honest. I'm just saying people think that this guy is going to come in having won trophies at all those other clubs and win with Spurs. He had an easier time at the others. Spurs are not an easy club to be the manager of.
    1. Won the Champions League with Ajax. Semi-finalist 5 times.
    2. Barca hadn't won the league in three years and didn't win it for another six.
    3. Won the league at AZ, first time in 28yrs for any club outside the big three.
    He's a winner, no doubt. He plays the brand of Total Football that we could only dream of under AVB. Let's just hope he doesn't punch Martin Samuel or Neil Ashton..

As I said, could be amazing, could be a car crash. Very Spursy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

:eek::eek::eek:

AZ Alkmaar were pretty much in the exact same, if not worse, position than Spurs when LVG took over.

Before LVG took over, AZ were consistently 20 points off the top.

I'm basing my hope on him being a success with us on the fact he sorted AZ out.

Though, the Dutch footballing culture if very different to the one in the UK. So the Spurs players may not react to LVG's ideas as positively as the AZ players.

Yeh but it was much easier to turn things around for AZ compared to Spurs. It is a different situation in England with 6 other competitors to overcome.

He has not been as illustrious in the past 10 years as people would have me led to believe. I have read enough to know he'd be better credentials wise than most of our previous managers but I'm just saying he's not as amazing as people think and he'll have to understand that it's not going to be an easy job for him.

• Advertisement

Yeh but it was much easier to turn things around for AZ compared to Spurs.

He has not been as illustrious in the past 10 years as people would have me led to believe. I have read enough to know he'd be better credentials wise than most of our previous managers but I'm just saying he's not as amazing as people think and he'll have to understand that it's not going to be an easy job for him.

It's not an easy job for anyone but he's the top candidate. We'd need to be giving him more than 18 months though, that's my fear

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

benitez could be an option .... as could avram grant:(

http://metro.co.uk/2014/04/11/mauricio-pochettino-remains-coy-over-southampton-future-amid-tottenham-links-4696291/?

I have a concern over Pochettino.

Southampton came flying out of the blocks early in the season, their high tempo game was very apparent. Though I said at the start of the season that it couldn't last - very fit and a high tempo game leads to fatigue later in the season.... and I think that's what we're witnessing in Southampton these days. I think he needs to manage the fitness of his teams better.

Add to that a Europa League campaign and the players could be wrecked by Christmas!

After reading lots about LVG's antics I would now prefer Pochettino. LVG is a maniac, it would be a circus, the media attention he would draw would be worse than Mourinho and is the last thing we need. Some of the things LVG did were outrageous, He dropped his pants once in the Barca dressing room to prove he had the balls to drop big name players, then went on to pick 7 Dutch players. He announced his resignation by saying goodbye to the press. Besides LVG hasn't been a top manager in the last few years, all his major glories are years ago.
    Pochettino is a great manager who plays a style attacking football that would suit us, has Premiership experience, is presently working well under a chairman with a director of football, with lots of UK squad players. He's perfect. Get on it right away Daniel......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

After reading lots about LVG's antics I would now prefer Pochettino. LVG is a maniac, it would be a circus, the media attention he would draw would be worse than Mourinho and is the last thing we need. Some of the things LVG did were outrageous, He dropped his pants once in the Barca dressing room to prove he had the balls to drop big name players, then went on to pick 7 Dutch players. He announced his resignation by saying goodbye to the press. Besides LVG hasn't been a top manager in the last few years, all his major glories are years ago.
    Pochettino is a great manager who plays a style attacking football that would suit us, has Premiership experience, is presently working well under a chairman with a director of football, with lots of UK squad players. He's perfect. Get on it right away Daniel......

I now have visions of Van Gaal rubbing his crotch in Lennon and Townsend's face, sharing a ball dripped in sweat each. Sign him up Levy.

Apparently Baldini is out the door in the Summer.

I dunno. LVG might be a bit mad cap but it will be interesting that's for sure.

If Baldini goes I bloody well hope its not with a couple million in his back pocket. Did he offer to resign after AVB was sacked.

He's cost us enough money already.

truth be told we'd be blessed to get LVG... he can show his balls to whomever he wants as far as im concerned. To say he hasnt won anything in years? 2009 Dutch league with a AZ, German league 2010, left to manage Dutch national side in 2012...

Apparently Baldini is out the door in the Summer.

Not surprised. Unlikely that Van Gaal wants somebody else controlling transfers. If he doesn't have full control he won't want the job. Adios Franco, thanks for all your hard work;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Tim put another nail in his own coffin today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

such a useless excuse for a manager-just fook off already. only bonus is if we keep gifting cheap goals every game, and we will without a doubt.. we will hopefully miss out on the EL sh11tness next season

“This comeback was like Liverpool’s comeback in Istanbul, fantastic.”
    yes these are the words uttered following todays game against WBA by the man who current is making a mockery of the club I love...
    IDIOT IS A COMPLIMENT

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

yes these are the words uttered following todays game against WBA by the man who current is making a mockery of the club I love...
    IDIOT IS A COMPLIMENT

He didn't really say that did he? That's just mental

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

IDIOT IS A COMPLIMENT

Did he really just compare coming back from 3-0 down to AC Milan in a Champions league final,to coming back from 3-0 down to West Brom??? :eek: :eek:
    FFS Tim, you're not doing yourself any favours by coming out with stuff like that.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQeOvqbKb5WrvELGPhtshs9yKeW6NG12xZSEU8SFyiyre01k1O9

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

IDIOT IS A COMPLIMENT
    Are you fcuking serious? did he really say that.what a complete tool he is.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

IDIOT IS A COMPLIMENT
    positivenote,have you any link to where Tim said this?? I've seen the post match interview and he never mentioned it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,373 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

I really hop he didn't say that. That's embarrassing!

.. read in one of the Sunday rags that LVG is waiting to see if Wenger signs a new contract at the end of the season before deciding what he will do after the WC

• Advertisement

It gets worse, Tim compared Eriksen to Bergkamp

Advertisement