Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tim Sherwood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

It gets worse, Tim compared Eriksen to Bergkamp

They are both blond and played for Ajax, seems fair enough !:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

Baldinni tried to get him when e was at Roma... thus the link. Rubbish by lazy italian journos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Baldinni tried to get him when e was at Roma... thus the link. Rubbish by lazy italian journos.

@DuncanCastles: Allegri is spending time in London looking for a job. Am told that there is 'no way' he's the favoured candidate for Tottenham post. #THFC

https://twitter.com/DuncanCastles/status/457149281569611777

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

@DuncanCastles: Allegri is spending time in London looking for a job. Am told that there is 'no way' he's the favoured candidate for Tottenham post. #THFC

https://twitter.com/DuncanCastles/status/457149281569611777

Duncan Castles is full of sh1t. Just sayin'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭upstairs for coffee

Duncan Castles is full of sh1t. Just sayin'

What makes you say that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

The man's an imbecile of epic proportions, like watching a Monty Python sketch. He brought Ade back into the fold and has managed to ostracize the entire squad. The players must take the píss behind his back, surprised no one has decked him, I think someone will?

Players counting the days down to his departure. I'd prefer David Brent on the touchline. Good squad of players in desperate need of coaching. Season needs to be whitewashed from memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

What makes you say that?

He writes some awful garbage and makes many bold predictions during each and every transfer window which rarely transpire. Can't listen to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Looks like the idiot Tim has fallen out with Sandro now.

not that Im a huge fan of Daws but he hasnt even been on the bench since the liverpool game when he wasnt punched by Sherwood in the dressing room...

• Advertisement

Not sure what to make of Eriksens reaction to being asked about Dim but im thinking he doesnt think much judging by his reaction here...

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/christian-eriksens-reaction-when-asked-about-playing-for-spurs-manager-tim-sherwood-was-funny-video/
    excuse the quality...

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭leonards

Final nail in the coffin..... Makes us look like a joke......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

That video is class

Eriksen will be dropped now :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

mickman wrote: »
    That video is class

Queue the "not good enough for my team" quotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭leonards

Anyone see the photo of Sandro last week on twitter - he was sitting on bench with his feet up on the back of the chair in front of him... Chilling.... I'd say that's why tim dropped him?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

mickman wrote: »
    That video is class

A sneaky smile from Eriksen at the end. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭awkwardboy

I guess with Van Gaal presumably going to United now we'll have to lower our expectations for a new manager. Please not Moyes though, that would be the nightmare

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭valc

Newstalk Sports report at 2 pm indicated Spurs were considering an approach to Moyes!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

valc wrote: »
    Newstalk Sports report at 2 pm indicated Spurs were considering an approach to Moyes!! :(

Seen that, from being nailed on to getting Van Gaal to being linked with Moyes, typical Spurs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

We'd get him for free. As far as Levy is concerned, that's perfect.

Seriously though, if we get Moyes i give up. I don't think he's as bad as some Utd fans would try to make us believe, but he's not the manager we need. Not sure who is, but it's not Moyes. If he wasn't good enough for Everton, he's not good enough for us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Kiith wrote: »
    We'd get him for free. As far as Levy is concerned, that's perfect.

Seriously though, if we get Moyes i give up. I don't think he's as bad as some Utd fans would try to make us believe, but he's not the manager we need. Not sure who is, but it's not Moyes. If he wasn't good enough for Everton, he's not good enough for us.

I think Moyes will definetely be our new manager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Kiith wrote: »
    Seriously though, if we get Moyes i give up.

My sentiments to a tee!

okay here's my 2 cents:

LVG: If we dont get him its levys fault, having met with him, and as a result we have missed out on one of the great managers of contemporary football who was available post WC. Levy should have done everything to have gotten him.

Moyes: V. Poor choice imho if we have any ambition on superseding 7/6/5th spot. He is an Aston Villa type manager and no offense to any brummies but we should be more ambitious than this

Ancellotti: Not a chance in our wildest dreams would he come to us

Benetiz: If approached he would be a good choice and may indeed be tempted. But it will be pretty boring football.

The list could go on... but theres likely to be a big merry-go-round manager wise over the summer in the PL esp after the WC.
    Keep an eye on:
    Pardew/Moyes/Pochettino/Alladyce/sherwood... im jut hoping we have none of these listed at our club come sept (wish it was still AVB to be honest)

To be honest, I think Pochettino is the most likely.

My reasons;

He plays a decent style of football.
    He works with youngsters and develops them in to the first team (even in his short stint at Southampton).
    He is proven in the PL.
    He works with a DOF.
    He is unsettled where he is and has not committed to Southampton, improved negotiating position for Levy.
    Finally, most importantly, what's the best way to attract young, English, and talented, players from Southampton? Hire the manager they seem to enjoy playing for. If we get Pochettino, our chances of getting Shaw and Lallana increase substantially.

in reality I wouldnt mind Pochettino myself, but I really would love LVG with maybe someone working close to him to be handed over the reigns when he retires to Portugal.

My reasons;

He plays a decent style of football.
    He works with youngsters and develops them in to the first team (even in his short stint at Southampton).
    He is proven in the PL.
    He works with a DOF.
    He is unsettled where he is and has not committed to Southampton, improved negotiating position for Levy.
    Finally, most importantly, what's the best way to attract young, English, and talented, players from Southampton? Hire the manager they seem to enjoy playing for. If we get Pochettino, our chances of getting Shaw and Lallana increase substantially.

You're crazy if you think that?

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

Sugarlumps wrote: »

Liverpool(Lallana) and Man Utd(Shaw) will both be hard to top in a transfer battle in the summer. Having a familiar face as manager couldn't hurt our chances with both.

Sugarlumps wrote: »

You'll see I never said we will get them, I'm just saying our chances would increase substantially with Pochettino.

Currently we have zero chance of getting them. With Pochettino we have a chance.

Yes, Liverpool and United will have money. Though we have money too. Pochettino can guarantee them a game week-in, week-out and sell the club to them better because he will know them better than anyone at United or Liverpool.

Pochettino took Southampton from being relegation candidates to a comfortable Top 10 team. Beating Liverpool, City and Chelsea along the way.

Imagine what he could do with a decent Top 6 team with more money, a bigger name and a fashionable place to play.

• Advertisement

You'll see I never said we will get them, I'm just saying our chances would increase substantially with Pochettino.

Currently we have zero chance of getting them. With Pochettino we have a chance.

Yes, Liverpool and United will have money. Though we have money too. Pochettino can guarantee them a game week-in, week-out and sell the club to them better because he will know them better than anyone at United or Liverpool.

Well we might end up with Lambert? That's more up our street. If Levy goes for Moyes, it'll be the cheap option with no compensation coming out of his pockets. Personally, it could be well into the summer before anyone's appointed, papers and blogs will have a field until then.

Advertisement