Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tim Sherwood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

Also, Levy knows that with such unrest, players will start leaving. Levy needs to steady the ship by bringing a new manager in and hopefully turning over a new page for the club.

I love that comment. Only a Spurs fan could say that. Lets steady the ship by bringing in a new manager. AGAIN. How many have we had under Levy now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I love that comment. Only a Spurs fan could say that. Lets steady the ship by bringing in a new manager. AGAIN. How many have we had under Levy now?

Taken on its own it doesn't sound logical. Though, in the context of Sherwood's managerial reign, it's completely understandable.

I agree, we need stability in the form of a long term manager..... but Sherwood definitely isn't it.

Another Sherwood stat:

Spurs are fifth in the form table since his appointment - just two points behind Arsenal and three ahead of Manchester United - and have scored more goals than every team other than City and Liverpool over that period.

Did Levy expect him to take the team into the top 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Not a Spurs fan by any means, but I think Sherwood has done a pretty good job, considering the constant undermining of his position in the press. It seems that the dogs on the street around WHL have known for a while that hes on the way out, yet your results since Christmas havent been too bad at all. Whether he'd be any good long-term is another question but it seems from the outside as if hes been treated fairly shabbily by the club, especially if they've been speaking to other manager despite giving Sherwood an 18 month contract. I dont know how any manager would want to work for Daniel Levy. Most of the problems at your club stem from him and his hiring and firing attitude, in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

The problem with keeping Tim is that I think he's lost the dressing room and also that he'd not attract big name players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

The 25-year-old, who joined Spurs from Internacional in the summer of 2010, hinted that life at White Hart Lane was better under Andre Villas-Boas in the first half of the season before the Portuguese was sacked.

"Andre was one who would always speak very closely to most of the squad one on one, whereas Tim does most of his talking during training on the side of the pitch rather than afterwards individually with players," Sandro said in an interview with The Sun.

"The dressing-room atmosphere hasn't been a buoyant one in the second half of the season. But for people to suggest we already know what will happen to the manager in the summer is wide of the mark. We only see what the media report."

However, that contradicts what the player told ESPN Brasil last week, when he said: "Sherwood will leave at the end of the season. Then it's a new coach, a new everything."

Despite a sixth-place finished and qualification for the Europa League once again next season, Sandro feels the club have underachieved.

"Overall, it's been a slightly disappointing season because, at Tottenham Hotspur, we set our standards very, very high," he added. "Our minimum aim is to finish in the top four and unfortunately this year we haven't been able to achieve it.

"We've played well in patches and overall we've played well against teams that are below us in the table. But unfortunately our results against the top four weren't good enough.

"This has been a frustrating aspect to the season and something we know we have to improve on if we are going to be competing to win the league."

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

sacked!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Ok so now lets get the right man in, onwards and upwards. COYS!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

And the madness starts again.

He should never have been there in the first place.

Chelsea are tying up a 32m deal for Costa and we haven't got a manager. Says it all really.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

He did a decent job, and kept us from falling down the table. Not who i wanted in the job next, but did what he could while he was there. Cheers Tim.

Now hopefully we can get a manager sorted asap, and start rebuilding again.

• Advertisement

Here we go again

According to Paddy Power these are the favourites:

De Boer
    Pochettino
    Benitez
    MOYES - ffs Levy don't even think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Word is that Timmah is Brighton bound.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Well at least they didn't waste much time. What was the point in giving him an 18 month contract? Even if he had been given a 6 month contract and had done well, it could have been extended. Crazy decision by Levy.

I'm not sure who I want in the hot seat next season but from the list above I think Moyes could be the main one to avoid.

SuprSi wrote: »
    Well at least they didn't waste much time. What was the point in giving him an 18 month contract? Even if he had been given a 6 month contract and had done well, it could have been extended. Crazy decision by Levy.

I'm not sure who I want in the hot seat next season but from the list above I think Moyes could be the main one to avoid.

There was a story going round at the time that Sherwood wouldn;t take the job til the end of the season and demanded an 18 month deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

okay, lets never mention his name again in association with the club.
    Onwards and upwards, get the new man in as soon as possible.
    COYS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

SuprSi wrote: »

“We agreed an 18-month contract with a break clause at the end of the season and we have now exercised that option.

If he did well then the 18 month contract would have been in play - he didnt do well so they exercised a get out clause after 6 months - no cost to the club

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The statement also says they are looking for a new head coach. Guess Baldini will be staying in that case?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Good luck to him, anyone but Moyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

Thanks for getting us to score goals again Tim, your stint wasn't boring anyway. You were out of your depth but I wish you well in the future.

{Not that he's reading this mind you}

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Van Gaal looks as mad as a box of frogs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

All quiet on the FDB front. Maybe DL had a word and told him and ajax to button it until it is official.

I was going to post a big long rant about how important the next appointment is but I'd just be rehashing the same thing we have all said for the last 5-6 years...

Still think DL is untouchable. Even if he gets the next appointed wrong it won't make a blind bit of difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Hotspur Related ‏@HotspurRelated 1h
    Daily Mirror report Sherwood was sacked after players told Daniel Levy he goes or we quit. #THFC

Hotspur Related ‏@HotspurRelated 1h
    Mirror believe Paulinho, Sandro, Capoue, Vertonghen and Lloris were willing to quit if Sherwood had stayed on as manager. #THFC

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Tim Sherwood was a character. I'd have much preferred to see him succeed than not to be honest. Wish him best of luck for the future. He's been around the club for quite a while now and really didn't do a terrible job. He didn't relegate us and didn't finish too much lower than we should have.

I'd hope he doesn't feel bitter towards the club as a few seasons in lower divisions we might be begging to have him back. I'd like to see him have a successful managerial career.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

irishmover wrote: »
    Tim Sherwood was a character. I'd have much preferred to see him succeed than not to be honest. Wish him best of luck for the future. He's been around the club for quite a while now and really didn't do a terrible job. He didn't relegate us and didn't finish too much lower than we should have.

I'd hope he doesn't feel bitter towards the club as a few seasons in lower divisions we might be begging to have him back. I'd like to see him have a successful managerial career.

He is a bit of a character. At times it's refreshing and funny, but at other times it's annoying and embarrassing.

He didn't do a terrible job results wise, coulda been a lot worse.

I wish him the best but very glad he's not manager anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,373 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

irishmover wrote: »

Well at least he wasn't too scared to stand up to the players this rumour of senior players saying its either tim or them shows how wrong modern day football is. Seriously though as important sandro is the fact he tweeted what he did undermining someone who was in a supposed position of power sickens me. When we get a new manager and if things don't go to plan what's to stop Sandro, or another senior player,doing the same ****. Really sickening.

Ormus wrote: »
    He is a bit of a character. At times it's refreshing and funny, but at other times it's annoying and embarrassing.

He didn't do a terrible job results wise, coulda been a lot worse.

I wish him the best but very glad he's not manager anymore.

Agree. He'd be great to listen and read about if he was at another club.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

great little piece about tim and the loss to 'real' football his sacking is...
    http://www.buckleybracondale.co.uk/the-first-family-of-football-and-why-the-english-hacks-worship-them/

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭philon

Sherwood & Ferdinand on Skysports1..... liking their interiew and insite into THFC

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Im starting to miss Tim already after seeing him on the FA cup coverage yesterday..:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Glebee wrote: »
    Im starting to miss Tim already after seeing him on the FA cup coverage yesterday..:(

Could be a form of "Stockholm Syndrome" you are suffering from?

Advertisement