Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tim Sherwood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Exactly, Levy created this shít cluster. They really should make a dvd of Sherwoods pre and post match interviews, comedy gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭LostArt

The thing is we've been awful for a run of games now on the bounce, Norwich Away, Chelsea Away, Cardiff, Dinipro home and away, basically every game since Newcastle

We barely have any shots, rubbish on the ball, starting to hoof it up to Ade more and more, when he doesn't play we don't play, full backs getting torn to shreds and just chaos in general at the back.

I can't pick one positive from any of those games imo, not one. This is the routine for spurs until rest of the season while Sherwood is in charge

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Ah, who cares. As long as he's not fixing matches for their benefit I don't care who he supports. In fact, that he hasn't changed who he supports because of where he works speaks volumes about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Sherwood is a dead man walking ... once the season (World Cup) is over he's gone .. Can't come quick enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

SuprSi wrote: »
    Ah, who cares. As long as he's not fixing matches for their benefit I don't care who he supports. In fact, that he hasn't changed who he supports because of where he works speaks volumes about him.

Sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/9221255/The-Secret-Footballer-Sherwood-will-go
    Hot-headed Sherwood off in summer
    Do you think it was a spur-of-the-moment gesture when the Benfica coach Jorge Jesus held up three fingers at Tim Sherwood just after the Portuguese side's third goal went in at White Hart Lane last Thursday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I've felt uneasy before every match and the feeling is getting worse with each game. The Arsenal match was just not enjoyable at all. I hope he goes, for my own sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Daidy2011

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Spurs have had a shaky season. A few hammerings and our manager sacked. Tim Sherwood may have been appointed as a stop gap? But he took the job, his first gig.

I am asking a question. I have seen Tim being referred to as "Dim Tim" on numerous occasions recently.

Are we showing how classless we are by referring to our manager in such a derogatory term?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Spurs have had a shaky season. A few hammerings and our manager sacked. Tim Sherwood may have been appointed as a stop gap? But he took the job, his first gig.

I am asking a question. I have seen Tim being referred to as "Dim Tim" on numerous occasions recently.

Are we showing how classless we are by referring to our manager in such a derogatory term?

I am guilty of calling him that I will admit, but it has just been out of pure frustration and anger at what has happened at the club. In fairness to him he is giving it a go but he is nowhere near good enough for Spurs and hopefully will be gone come season's end. I will try to refrain from calling him as such in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

KingdomYid wrote: »
    I am guilty of calling him that I will admit, but it has just been out of pure frustration and anger at what has happened at the club. In fairness to him he is giving it a go but he is nowhere near good enough for Spurs and hopefully will be gone come season's end. I will try to refrain from calling him as such in future.

I cant see him lasting meself, it's probably too much for him this early in his career.

Oh and btw, you are banned from this forum until we win the Premier league.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

jobeenfitz wrote: »

I will continue to refer to him as dim as long as he is 'managing' the club I have supported for more than 32years, a club that is being ridiculed by him constantly by:
    • Tactical ineptness
    • Team selection
    • Self promotion/lack of responsibility or accountability
    • Claiming he didnt need anymore players in Jan, despite Levy offering to buy, yet claiming that he cant trust the players he has a few weeks later
    • Not taking games seriously (tonights squad and sitting in the stand, giving up a tie being 3-1 down at 'half time')
    • Being an idiot on the line who is constantly showing 'passion' through losing his head instead of concentrating on the 'tactics'
    • Sniding and undermining AVB whilst only being a coach

All in all he has become a novelty and if he hadnt got mates in the press or wasnt english and a 'proper football man' rather than a 'laptop manager' to quote Redknapp Jnr. he would be nowhere near the helm of what was once a great club.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Well put.

He might turn out to be decent but he needs to earn his stripes at a lower club first. He has shown some potential but as the cup exits and top 4 finish have dried up he is panicking with odd selections and formations.

I think DL will bring him in to his office within 2 or 3 days after the final game and let him go. If he's still in place after a few weeks/going into the opening W.C. games then he'll still be there for the start of next season... Oh dear

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Such ballicks, as he sniggers, seeing there manager nervous was worth the entrance fee alone??????? Lovely touch tim, jog on ASAP

He came out after last night's game and said "any team in the Premier League would now fear us".

Did he not see the match?? It was played like a bloody friendly! Benfica barely turned up and most their fans bothered to attend the match.

I'm not looking forward to the pre-season because he'll consider us title challengers after a 3-0 away win against Accrinton Stanley!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

That's just daft. I wonder if he actually believes what he's saying. Southampton won't be coming to the Lane on Sunday fearing Spurs, they'll come believing that they'll walk away with 3 points, which is a distinct possibility.

Tim is talking a lot about next season and wanting full control of all transfers - I'm intrigued to know what he's being told by Levy. Will he really be here next season? Will the club turn down the opportunity to have one of the best managers in the world run the club?

If Tim isn't here next season, all his talk will make him look very foolish and might actually hurt his chances of getting a job elsewhere. I think he should shut up a little, let the team, which is under his control, do the talking. If he's good enough, the team will do well. If not, well he may still be here next season if Levy makes it so!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

SuprSi wrote: »
    That's just daft. I wonder if he actually believes what he's saying. Southampton won't be coming to the Lane on Sunday fearing Spurs, they'll come believing that they'll walk away with 3 points, which is a distinct possibility.

Tim is talking a lot about next season and wanting full control of all transfers - I'm intrigued to know what he's being told by Levy. Will he really be here next season? Will the club turn down the opportunity to have one of the best managers in the world run the club?

If Tim isn't here next season, all his talk will make him look very foolish and might actually hurt his chances of getting a job elsewhere. I think he should shut up a little, let the team, which is under his control, do the talking. If he's good enough, the team will do well. If not, well he may still be here next season if Levy makes it so!

LVG (I'm guessing that's who you're talking about) is a big step up from Sherwood but one of the best managers in the world? His record is good to very good but he's had a number of bad patches. Most of what he's won has come from Ajax in the Dutch league (albeit there was a CL thrown in there).

He's certainly got the best managerial credentials out of any of the managers we've had at the club since ENIC took over the club though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

And he's better than anyone else we could get.

I still like Sherwood, but i don't want him in charge of Spurs next year. He doesn't have the experience, and needs a few years with smaller teams before he is given charge of a team in our position.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

TS is talking about transfers this summer and who he'll keep and get rid of. Surely he wouldn't be talking like this unless he'd gotten assurances he'll be manager next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

TS is talking about transfers this summer and who he'll keep and get rid of. Surely he wouldn't be talking like this unless he'd gotten assurances he'll be manager next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Such ballicks, as he sniggers, seeing there manager nervous was worth the entrance fee alone??????? Lovely touch tim, jog on ASAP

so lacking class, its unbelieavable. He comes across as a horrible guy actually , bitter / smart ass/ chip on shoulder

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

I have a feeling we will be discussing Sherwood into next season. In fairness who in there right mind would take the Spurs job. It's a circus. If we want top four and champions league we got to up the money big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭LostArt

If Sherwood's in charge next season I'll have to take a break from Spurs. For my own sanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

irishmover wrote: »
    LVG (I'm guessing that's who you're talking about) is a big step up from Sherwood but one of the best managers in the world? His record is good to very good but he's had a number of bad patches. Most of what he's won has come from Ajax in the Dutch league (albeit there was a CL thrown in there).

He's certainly got the best managerial credentials out of any of the managers we've had at the club since ENIC took over the club though.

I agree. His credentials and career have ensured he certainly wouldn't be daunted by any job, but number of trophies is a very inaccurate way of measuring a manager. Surely we learned that with Trap.

I think LvG is better than Trap, but I'm just saying don't get hung up on trophy count.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Ormus wrote: »
    I agree. His credentials and career have ensured he certainly wouldn't be daunted by any job, but number of trophies is a very inaccurate way of measuring a manager. Surely we learned that with Trap.

I think LvG is better than Trap, but I'm just saying don't get hung up on trophy count.

Well alright but he had considerable trouble at Barcelona. Namely Rivaldo. And a not so glamorous time at Bayern Munich. Plus failed to qualify for 2002 WC with Holland (we all know why). Although introduced a number of legendary Dutch players to football. He's good at youth systems and developing players (a little like the old Trap to be honest).

If you watched the documentaries on Trap you'd see why he's rated among the greatest managers of all time. The guy was a genius and LVG doesn't come close at present. The Trap we saw with Ireland wasn't quite the same as the Trap renowned for an amazing managerial career.

Also let's not forget his record with Ireland was still very good.

And finally not putting LVG down at all. We'd do extremely well to get someone like that in but he's not 'world class'.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Dont know what to believe ....
    Maybe Sherwood is going to be here next year..
    In recent years when Modric, Bale and 'Arrys future was under intense speculation, all we wanted was for them to say "im staying", but they never did, and eventually left/sacked.
    With Tim banging on about next season, is it refreshing to hear the manager making plans for next season??
    We dont like hearing Tim saying it thats for sure...But why say it if theirs no substance??
    Get ready for the like of Matt Jarvis,Mark Noble,Andy Carroll getting linked with us if he is in charge next year!!
    I wont be buying FIFA 15 thats for sure!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Dont know what to believe ....
    Maybe Sherwood is going to be here next year..
    In recent years when Modric, Bale and 'Arrys future was under intense speculation, all we wanted was for them to say "im staying", but they never did, and eventually left/sacked.
    With Tim banging on about next season, is it refreshing to hear the manager making plans for next season??
    We dont like hearing Tim saying it thats for sure...But why say it if theirs no substance??
    Get ready for the like of Matt Jarvis,Mark Noble,Andy Carroll getting linked with us if he is in charge next year!!
    I wont be buying FIFA 15 thats for sure!!:p

Don't forget Charlie Adam.....lol.
    I bet Tim would love him.

• Advertisement

Can we start an LVG thread yet??

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26798631

I read a bit of ITK on one of the threads a few weeks ago and the above article confirms everything they said.

Advertisement