Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tim Sherwood

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Where is sherwood from ? Cones across like a knacker and he can't string a sentence together using correct English

Huddle is a gentleman compared to him

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

mickman wrote: »
    Where is sherwood from ? Cones across like a knacker and he can't string a sentence together using correct English

Huddle is a gentleman compared to him

he is from North London lol:D cant disagree with your post in any way though:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Insulting Hoddle, the man has no class.

Can't wait for this shambles of a season to be over!:(

I know this is about sherwood but I think that pellegrini has been a class apart from every other manager . He is do relaxed , professional and comes across like a really nice guy

Handled the hart saga very well too.

Old tommy says now that it will take 100million to buy lloris

More like 15 million I'd say. Keepers don't make big money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

If Lloris wants to go, and who could blame him. Then coming out with a figure of €100m is just daft and is going to rub the player up the wrong way. We already have one defender with his nose out of joint, we don't need another one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

http://www.offthepost.info/blog/2014/04/spurs-boss-tim-sherwood-ill-be-knocking-people-out-on-the-touchline/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+offthepost%2FTLAa+%28Off+The+Post%29
    Sherwood had been courting controversy with his expressive touchline antics, prompting his decision to move upstairs. But he has come under even more pressure since then for not being in the dugout.

He joked: “I’ll be on the touchline on Monday – I’ll be knocking out as many people as I can."

Did he actually say that??? I know it's a joke, but what an idiot!

yeah just read it as well, its hilarious. Timmy seems to think that we are back in the 80's where players and managers are allowed to kick lumps out of each other. Seems like he wants to build a team full of english players who will rough teams up - not very tottenham like!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭awkwardboy

If Timmy is the manager next season I'm going to find it very difficult to watch the team play and support them. We'll fall even further down the table to mid-table obscurity I'm afraid. Its not nice wishing someone to lose their job but I do hope he goes. We are going in one direction with him and that is backwards unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGDHJCuzyfSWRBJbPUaLzn_12SulVwA_yZu1PcXvQD6ez-7OuboQ

I'd imagine the fans are sick of his exploits, he'll feel the heat if Sunderland come away with a win. Which is possible as there in a dog fight. Cattermole won't be shirking away from a tackle. They have plenty of hardy players. Still looking forward to tonight's game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/453140786415411200

Shocker!

Sky Sources: Tottenham to replace Tim Sherwood in the summer. See #SSN for the full story

Why the fook are the Spurs board announcing that Sherwood is out at the end of the season when we have 6 games left to play?? Idiotic. Absolute shambles of a season. What kind of performance do they expect to see tonight?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Daily Mail claim Tim will be offered a coaching rule under the new management

Of course Shreeves will point this out to him tonight, gonna make for some excellent viewing tonight. Can't imagine the players being too distraught, maybe one or two will crack a smile even.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

"Sky Sports Sources"
    Nothing official.
    Just SSN with the usual quiet monday lets make up a story that might be true.
    Whats this the team at the centre of the story are playing tonight... oh my this will be tv gold and everyone will want to tune into the game we are showing tonight.

blah blah blah.

Everyone knows Sherwood is going but nothing is official.
    The club hardly make announcements about stadium news they are hardly going to talk about the current management officially

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭NWPat

davycc wrote: »
    he is from North London lol:D cant disagree with your post in any way though:cool:

No he is not. He lived in Borehamwood, its in Hertfordshire, next to Elstree, which might explain the theatrics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Can only imagine this has been leaked now to help with season ticket renewals next season, what a shambles the club has been this season.

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Can only imagine this has been leaked now to help with season ticket renewals next season, what a shambles the club has been this season.

Yeah, I was thinking along those lines. Or else, it could have been released now to assure some of the players who maybe thinking of moving on.

Yeah, I was thinking along those lines. Or else, it could have been released now to assure some of the players who maybe thinking of moving on.

yeah, its clear that some players have already left as they see sherwood as the final straw i.e. vertonghen and prob lloris.

I really dont know who we are going to get at this stage - its embarrassing to be honest. Any new manager will demand money to spend and levy says we will only strengthen in a few key areas.

Interesting summer lies ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Yes the latter part about assuring certain players sounds likely too.

• Advertisement

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Yes the latter part about assuring certain players sounds likely too.

Yeah it's just following on from the last line in this article posted earlier - http://thenewlibero.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/i-am-who-i-am-confident-arrogant.html?m=1
    If they are able to hold onto Jan Vertonghen and Hugo Lloris in the summer (playing for a proven and relentless winner such as Van Gaal may be just the thing to make them stay) and learn to play under the tutelage of Van Gaal, than the future will be very bright for the Lilywhites.

It'd be great if Daniel Levy sat the team down in the dressing room after training and said "look, keep this between us, Sherwood is gone and I've got commitment from LVG."

Maybe that's where the "Sky Sources" are coming from?! ;)

Danny Rose probably Tweeted it as Levy was saying it, knowing he'll be the first out the door when the new manager comes in. :D

"My record here is second to none. My win percentage is the best of any Tottenham manager. I'm the best manager this club's ever seen!

A Liverpool fan colleague of mine put this question to me - if Spurs win their remaining five games, Spurs somehow get 4th place, does Sherwood not deserve to stay? After all, his win percentage does stand-up??

I'm a stat man. Yes, I am as fickle as the next Spurs fan - but he'd have a great case to keep his job.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

A Liverpool fan colleague of mine put this question to me - if Spurs win their remaining five games, Spurs somehow get 4th place, does Sherwood not deserve to stay? After all, his win percentage does stand-up??

I'm a stat man. Yes, I am as fickle as the next Spurs fan - but he'd have a great case to keep his job.

No because stats don't mean a thing in that respect. Like last year we got our record points haul but we still couldn't break a team down at home.

This season we have been so clueless against anyone of quality under both managers that we need a change. Despite the hype the overall quality of the EPL is poor and we should be beating at least 12 teams twice, give or take a few understandable hiccups.

I genuinely think we can still get 4th should we win all our games. 73 points last year was the highest total for 4th in a long time. Win all our matches and we'll have 74 and at least will put it up to Arsenal/Everton.

No matter where we finish howver we need a new manager for next season but I will thank Tim for his work and slight improvement on his predecessor this season, although AVB had a far better debut season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

After all, his win percentage does stand-up??

I'm a stat man.

Have you actually looked up Tim's win percentage or are you taking as gospel what Tim said he read on Wikipedia?

hard one really. Yesterday he was much more professional and relaxed. He wasnt embarrassing like he usually is.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭awkwardboy

mickman wrote: »
    hard one really. Yesterday he was much more professional and relaxed. He wasnt embarrassing like he usually is.

I noticed that too. Maybe he's trying to put himself in the frame for the Norwich job? Would probably suit him better in truth. I think he could be a good manager but like everything he needs to learn his trade at a lower level or with a lower expectations club. He might turn out to be a very good manager but learning on the job with a trigger happy chairman was always going to be a big ask.

Have you actually looked up Tim's win percentage or are you taking as gospel what Tim said he read on Wikipedia?

I was going by a Sky Sports piece. I think it's at 56.3% - Premier League only.

I am no fan of Tim Sherwoods. I think tactically he will never be able to beat a Top 4 team (i.e. keeping it tight and outwitting your opponent) and personally, we will have run-ins with people due to being such a hot head.

BUT, if he walks in to Daniel Levy's office at the end of the season and says, "I've got a 67% win record in the Premier League, meaning I'll get you 25 wins next season and maybe 5 draws too - give me the chance"

It's hard to snigger at an 80 points total... I know they're just stats, but it makes for interesting reading. It's just a topic of conversation.

I want Van Gaal to be our manager.

awkwardboy wrote: »
    I noticed that too. Maybe he's trying to put himself in the frame for the Norwich job? Would probably suit him better in truth. I think he could be a good manager but like everything he needs to learn his trade at a lower level or with a lower expectations club. He might turn out to be a very good manager but learning on the job with a trigger happy chairman was always going to be a big ask.

yes i agree. i reckon he could have been told yesterday that he will leave spurs and norwich have agreed for him to take over in the summer.

would suit all parties

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭larry1

Advertisement