Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Break-Ins in Town

• 01-01-2014 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

Heard of 3 break-ins on the Lahinch Road over the last few days and heard Gardai saying there were more.

Please make sure to lock up your stuff, stay vigilante and put alarms on.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭golfball37

Gards were doing door to door in our estate 2 weeks ago, two of our neighbours were hit. They think its the same crew doing them.

It was an excuse to leave the xmas tree lights on when we weren't there.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

If your alarm sets off a "false" alarm, do not leave it unset. Set it anyway, the chances of it going off for no reason is very unlikely. I've heard cases where intruders have deliberately set off alarms to wait for the owners to leave it turned off, leaving them uninsured and unprotected.

Not sure if its the same ones but there were intruders checking unlocked cars on the Lahinch road not so long ago so make sure you lock your cars also.

Hope this doesn't carry on for much longer. Touchwood!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

golfball37 wrote: »
    Gards were doing door to door in our estate 2 weeks ago, two of our neighbours were hit. They think its the same crew doing them.

It was an excuse to leave the xmas tree lights on when we weren't there
    I think I'd be more worried about the Christmas tree lights going on fire than my house being robbed. Thankfully, it is a rare occurrence but it does happen, unfortunately.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

I certainly wouldn't leave candles ob. I know too many people who have had fires because of them.

Advertisement