Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Withdrawing from a pension

Options
  • 01-01-2014 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I am 35 years old.I am currently employed for the past 9.5 years in a company. For approx 7 of those years I have been paying into a pension equally with the company into new ireland. Now I need to help a family member out who is struggling and could really do with withdrawing some money from this pension. Is it possible? How much can I withdraw? How do I go about it? Any advice much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Have you been paying avc's?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 7276887e

I pay 2.5% if my salary and the company does the same

Then chances are you won't be able to withdraw anything until the early retirement age of 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

7276887e wrote: »
    I pay 2.5% if my salary and the company does the same

5% isn't going to buy much of a pension, consider increasing the contribution, especially if the company will match it up to a limit.

Seriously, in retirement you will have bugger all income beyond the state old age pension which for someone your age will not be payable until you are 68.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

I am 35 years old.I am currently employed for the past 9.5 years in a company. For approx 7 of those years I have been paying into a pension equally with the company into new ireland. Now I need to help a family member out who is struggling and could really do with withdrawing some money from this pension. Is it possible? How much can I withdraw? How do I go about it? Any advice much appreciated

100% sure you will not be allowed. Pensions are practically untouchable to us mere mortals till 65

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 7276887e

Is there anyway I cancel the policy and then restart a new one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

Is there anyway I cancel the policy and then restart a new one?

No. You won't be able to get access to the pension pot.

You should search for other threads like this, this topic has been done to death

Op if this request is anything got to do with your first post on the site, please re-think and get the approiate help.

Advertisement