Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aer lingus sale

Options
  • 01-01-2014 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,023 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know how do you get the 199 flights to new York that aer lingus have on there ads todays

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

it's a case of trawling through the website and ticking *flexible dates* ......pita to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭clunked

Looking for a cheap direct flight in September for my elderly mother. Cheapest 290 going and 239 returning, all month. No sale there:mad:

their sale was travel January - April...

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭clunked

No, I just heard a radio ad for a Summer sale, June to September.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Just noticed (like endofrainbow) that their "Summer Sale" was actually only between Jan & April for US flights... I'm hoping to travel to San Francisco direct (from Dublin) for about 15 days between June/July (30th-11th) - current prices are steep at €920+ ... for well seasoned passengers to the US, would it be advisable to wait for the price to drop in a sale for them months? or just bite the bullet to ensure seats are available for the days I want?

• Advertisement

It's peak time but it does appear to be quite a high price. Very hard to tell with this one since it's a new route - sometimes new routes have special introductory offers...

I would hold off for 6/8 weeks and monitor the fares closely.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

It's peak time but it does appear to be quite a high price. Very hard to tell with this one since it's a new route - sometimes new routes have special introductory offers...

I would hold off for 6/8 weeks and monitor the fares closely.
    Thanks mate - will do that.... I noticed that (via skyscanner - Gohop.ie) the very same Aer Lingus flight can be got for €867 [€941 from Aer Lingus main site] .... hopefully it keeps dropping over the next few weeks :)

irishfeen wrote: »
    Thanks mate - will do that.... I noticed that (via skyscanner - Gohop.ie) the very same Aer Lingus flight can be got for €867 [€941 from Aer Lingus main site] .... hopefully it keeps dropping over the next few weeks :)

Don't be tempted to book with 3rd party sites - they don't have live fares and for the sake of E74.00, I would prefer to book direct with the airline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Don't be tempted to book with 3rd party sites - they don't have live fares and for the sake of E74.00, I would prefer to book direct with the airline.

There is nothing wrong with 3rd party sites.

If the fare is not 'live' on the search results page it is updated then Skyscanner forward you on.

If its still cheaper, go with it..... You will get a booking reference number just like with the EI website.

Advertisement