If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony STR DH 1040

Options
  • 01-01-2014 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi 
    I was thinking of getting one of these systems along with a BD player and speakers from RS but while researching I've found a lot of people refer to a HDMI issue with it:
    Re: STR DN1040 HDMI HDCP issues on sony.com site.

Have you had any problems with them? would you recommend this settup?
    Sony BDPS490MR with the Warfendale MS100s?
    Regards
    Brian

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

wheelieb wrote: »
    Hi 
    I was thinking of getting one of these systems along with a BD player and speakers from RS but while researching I've found a lot of people refer to a HDMI issue with it:
    Re: STR DN1040 HDMI HDCP issues on sony.com site.

Have you had any problems with them? would you recommend this settup?
    Sony BDPS490MR with the Warfendale MS100s?
    Regards
    Brian
    Wheelie,

many thanks for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you - we have sold 100's of the Sony STRDN1040 and until last week I hadn't heard of a single HDMI issue with them - and we literally have not had one faulty unit returned to date which is amazing..however I have had one report ( from a Boardie strangely) about intermittent issues with his HDMI 1 output - and no output, the issue has resolved itself so we dont know if its a setup issue or a fault with the AV receiver or some handshake issue - but in general - after 7 months selling the STRDN1040, I'd have to say that they appear pretty bulletproof to us.

On the 2nd issue - the BDPS490 is now a finished line for us - we do have the newer BDPS4100 MR available at £79.95 which is a What HiFi 5 star award winner if you were interested in this?
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/blu-ray/sony/bdps4100mr/sony-bdps4100-mr

Likewise the Wharfedale MS100 is also short in stock and is just finishing, we do have one demo unit left that I would clear at £189.95 if you would like to grab it before its snaffled up?

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist,

Best regards,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 12 wheelieb

Hi John
    Thanks for reply.
    I'll take the 1040, the BD PLAYER (you recommend) and warfendale demos please.
    I'll send you a PM
    thanks
    Brian
    Wheelie,

many thanks for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you - we have sold 100's of the Sony STRDN1040 and until last week I hadn't heard of a single HDMI issue with them - and we literally have not had one faulty unit returned to date which is amazing..however I have had one report ( from a Boardie strangely) about intermittent issues with his HDMI 1 output - and no output, the issue has resolved itself so we dont know if its a setup issue or a fault with the AV receiver or some handshake issue - but in general - after 7 months selling the STRDN1040, I'd have to say that they appear pretty bulletproof to us.

On the 2nd issue - the BDPS490 is now a finished line for us - we do have the newer BDPS4100 MR available at £79.95 which is a What HiFi 5 star award winner if you were interested in this?

Likewise the Wharfedale MS100 is also short in stock and is just finishing, we do have one demo unit left that I would clear at £189.95 if you would like to grab it before its snaffled up?

Best regards,

John Mc & Crew

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi John
    Thanks for reply.
    I'll take the 1040, the BD PLAYER (you recommend) and warfendale demos please.
    I'll send you a PM
    thanks
    Brian
    Wheelie,

Best regards,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi Wheelieb.

If you want to also drop the PM to me I can get things moving at this end.

Hi Kenny
    PM sent to you also.
    Thanks
    Brian

Hi Wheelieb.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Kenny
    PM sent to you also.
    Thanks
    Brian

Hi Wheelieb.

Wheelieb,

I've replied to your PM - drop us a line when you get a mo if we can help!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

I've replied to you too john.
    I'll ring Saturday when I get back to ireland. (If I get back-looking at weather forecast!)
    Wheelieb,

I've replied to your PM - drop us a line when you get a mo if we can help!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

I'll ring Saturday when I get back to ireland. (If I get back-looking at weather forecast!)

Hi John
    I'm missing the speaker cable from my order, can someone give me a call.
    Brian

Hi John
    Brian

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi John
    Brian
    Hi Brian,

Sincere apologies about that.  Will give you a bell to sort this out now.

Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.