Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up a Company - Looking for a firm who will do this

Options
  • 01-01-2014 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭

I run a couple of websites and I want to set up a LTD company for these, mainly just to protect myself with limited liability. I am going to be the sole shareholder and a sibling has agreed to be my other director. It'll be a very small company!

I know there are a lot of firms out there who will set up the company for you; I've searched these forums and seen plenty mentioned. But I want a firm who will take care of everything (I want to ensure its done right!). Ideally I'd be hoping to get it done for no more than 250eur.

I'd love to hear for people who've actually had experience with these companies and how they found them. And what firm would you recommend someone like me should get? Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

I run a couple of websites and I want to set up a LTD company for these, mainly just to protect myself with limited liability. I am going to be the sole shareholder and a sibling has agreed to be my other director. It'll be a very small company!

I know there are a lot of firms out there who will set up the company for you; I've searched these forums and seen plenty mentioned. But I want a firm who will take care of everything (I want to ensure its done right!). Ideally I'd be hoping to get it done for no more than 250eur.

I'd love to hear for people who've actually had experience with these companies and how they found them. And what firm would you recommend someone like me should get? Thanks!

Size does not come into the equation. There is not much difference between all those offering to do the formation work, it is a routine task so there is little to differentiate on. Most small lawfirms now outsource co. set-up to them, rather than do it themselves. However, the company creation cost is only the beginning. You will have annual filings to make, annual audits, etc, and if you miss your ARD the counter starts clicking. It will get cheaper when the new Companies Bill eventually gets enacted, but that is some time away. You should talk to an accountant (you will need one) and ascertain what he would recommend.

Advertisement