Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morrck. Are they worth the price?

Options
  • 01-01-2014 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭

So baba no 2 due in march. Was thinking of getting the morrck baby hoodie for the car seat. Just wondering has anybody got 1 and are they worth it.
    Also considering getting the size 3 for my 20 month old. She hasnt much room left at all in her foot muff and not great at keeping a blanket over her. Would prob get neutral colour for her so can use it for new baba down the line.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

I have the one for the baby car seat and really like it. It saves putting on tons of layers and looks so snug.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭theLuggage

They're also great for using in the buggy - often forget to bring blanket for buggy but can easily transfer the morrck over from the car seat. My second baby was very long and out of her footmuff v quickly, morrck was great for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Love it for a baby, never put a coat on my little fella, even this time of year! Definitely worth the money. One of my best baby buys.

I'm not sure it would be as good with a 20 month old though, it only wraps around their legs and I know my older girl would have just kicked/pulled it open all the time so we only used the footmuff that came with the Quinny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Thanks for replies. I think ill get it for new baby but not toddler. I may look an see ifvi can locate a longer footmuff somewhere. Shes only 20 mnths but can hardly move in her footmuff . When she does she normally bursts the zip open. Ive tried a blanket but she wont keep it over her. Surely theres longer footmuffs out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Wooha

What about the lodger bunker?

http://www.lodger.com/en-nl/products/foot-muff/44,-102/bunker#tab-usage

I'm tempted to get this one as we take out the lo for walks a lot.

• Advertisement

Wooha wrote: »
    What about the lodger bunker?

http://www.lodger.com/en-nl/products/foot-muff/44,-102/bunker#tab-usage

I'm tempted to get this one as we take out the lo for walks a lot.

Jeez that's some price for a footmuff. Im going to get the morrck for baby for the car seat and might get a Kaiser iglu for toddler. At least she wont grow out of it anytime soon as has a removable bottom .

http://www.mytoys.com/Kaiser-Footmuff-Iglu-Thermo-Fleece-black/Accessories/Strollers-Co/KID/com-mt.ba.ca02.07.07.01/2054685

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭sud1

the lodger is a fantastic foot muff...well worth the money..had the light weight morrck for baby to..it was very handy,,sold it on second hand for a tenner..would you look and see if you could buy one secondhand

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭theLuggage

Suucee wrote: »
    Jeez that's some price for a footmuff. Im going to get the morrck for baby for the car seat and might get a Kaiser iglu for toddler. At least she wont grow out of it anytime soon as has a removable bottom .

http://www.mytoys.com/Kaiser-Footmuff-Iglu-Thermo-Fleece-black/Accessories/Strollers-Co/KID/com-mt.ba.ca02.07.07.01/2054685

That's exactly why I bought a Morrck over the lodger bunker. I think the lodger bunkers look great, even if pricey, but was terrified she'd grow out of it lengthways again. No chance of that with the Morrck!

Have been looking for second hand morrck and just missed out on one this evening . (Will keep an eye incase the sale doesnt go through) .
    The morrck will be for new baby car seat.
    In buggy he will be in carrycot so will be fairly snug and once he grows out of that he can go in to the footmuff i currently have.
    The kaiser iglu is what i think i might get for the toddler . Its alot cheaper than the morrck or lodger bunker and wont be worrying about her growing out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Wooha

I actually got the kaiser iglu in the end and love it. He's so snuggled up in it, it's great!

• Advertisement

Wooha wrote: »
    I actually got the kaiser iglu in the end and love it. He's so snuggled up in it, it's great!

Yea got it myself. Havent used it yet though as havent got out for a walk much being 8 months pregnant. When we do go for a walk its only a short 1 so i let hervwalk. Looking forward to trying it out.
    Got the morrck to for baba but still waiting on him arrival to try it.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

If you are a bit crafty, you might find this an interesting project to do.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I have 2 Kaiser ones in the double buggy,they were about 45 each in Tk Maxx a few years ago and are great.
    They have an inner fleece bit that is great for warmish weather and then an outer shell foot muff too which is really warm so together perfect for the irish weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Neyite wrote: »
    If you are a bit crafty, you might find this an interesting project to do.

I was just about to say I find the wadding expensive to buy until I googled the price of morrck! I am right in thinking it's €40? Or did I just find an expensive shop? That diy one looks very easy! Might even try it myself :) thanks a mil!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Millem wrote: »
    I was just about to say I find the wadding expensive to buy until I googled the price of morrck! I am right in thinking it's €40? Or did I just find an expensive shop? That diy one looks very easy! Might even try it myself :) thanks a mil!

Do you mean the Morrck was €40 or the wadding? A meter of wadding would be fairly cheap I'd say. If you quilt anyway you might even have some in your stash that would be enough.

If the fabric was working out expensive, I'd probably buy a cheap flannel/ soft-brush single flat sheet in Pennys in a pastel colour for a backing and upper layer or both if it worked out cheaper. Or if you had a fun sheet /duvet cover at home that you could cut up. If it was plain you could applique little animals, letters or shapes for a bit more jazz.

Neyite wrote: »
    Do you mean the Morrck was €40 or the wadding? A meter of wadding would be fairly cheap I'd say. If you quilt anyway you might even have some in your stash that would be enough.

If the fabric was working out expensive, I'd probably buy a cheap flannel/ soft-brush single flat sheet in Pennys in a pastel colour for a backing and upper layer or both if it worked out cheaper. Or if you had a fun sheet /duvet cover at home that you could cut up. If it was plain you could applique little animals, letters or shapes for a bit more jazz.

No the morrck was €40!!! Lol lol I always use sheets/duvet covers for fabric can work out soooo much cheaper! I find wadding hard to get though :( as all the sewing shops seem to be closing down. I haven't found a good online supplier and usually end up ordering stuff for school on ebay/amazon but have gotten caught out on the quality a few times. I never had heard of a morrck before but when I saw the word hoody I was thinking €15/€20 max how wrong was I!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I find wadding hard to get though :( as all the sewing shops seem to be closing down.

Buy a cheap pillow and use the wadding from that?

iguana wrote: »
    Buy a cheap pillow and use the wadding from that?

I find that grand if you are making a cushion pad but for quilts and I reckon this morrck (although I have never seen one in real life) you need to buy wadding that comes on a roll, it is flat as you want it even you comes in different weights so it is still warm :) I was just thinking I buy the cheap bright fleece blankets in ikea every year and make cushions with appliqué with first years every year. The fleece is soooo easy to work with as it doesn't fray they would be perfect for this morrck thing for the fleece side and they was soooo well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I find that grand if you are making a cushion pad but for quilts and I reckon this morrck (although I have never seen one in real life) you need to buy wadding that comes on a roll, it is flat as you want it even you comes in different weights so it is still warm :)

The filling of the last pillow I took apart for wadding was filled with one long, flat piece of wadding folded up into pillow shape. It would have worked great for something like the Morrock. Could be worth having a feel of a few types of cheap pillow to see if how they are stuffed.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Sorry for interrupting girls, but can these only be bought online??

• Advertisement

amor3 wrote: »
    Sorry for interrupting girls, but can these only be bought online??

I ordered mine on Morrck.co.uk. Havent started using it yet though. Like the ideas above re making one but im useless at sewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Wouldn't even attempt to try make one!! Fair play to all you creative mums.

Would you recommend getting a size 2 to get longer out of it or would it be much to big for a newborn??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

I'm not sure on the size two but in case you're wondering how long you'd get out of it, I have the size one and still use it with my nine month old (who's very tall and already growing out of 9-12 month babygros!) - although he does like to poke his feet out the end of it now and the built in hat part is gone a bit small but the main body of the blanket is still fine on him.

Advertisement