Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Life Resolutions

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

w5d6

So today was a disappointing day personally so I wasn't in the form for the gym.

But I went anyway. And used my frustration to sweat it out.

I ran for 20 mins! 20! That's unbelievable for me, someone who 5 weeks ago spluttered after a minute running.

Bike for 4 km.

Push-ups: 4 x 7 with 15 sec rest
    Sit ups: 6,8,10,8,6,5 with 15 sec rest
    Squats: 10,10,8,8 with 15 sec rest

And then a sprint to the car in the rain :)

w5d7

I'm sick today so I did no exercise.

If I'm up to it tomorrow will attempt a swim.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

get well soon sullivlo

Still dying with a dose. On antibiotics and told to avoid any strenuous activity for 5 days :(

hows things are you back in action?

• Advertisement

I ended up having to go back to the doctor last week as I developed a pretty nasty ear infection (so bad that the swelling was like a golfball on my cheek) so I needed stronger antibiotics and pain meds. I also perforated my ear drum so I was in an extreme amount of pain. Teamed with the ear stuff I also developed an impacted bowel.

But I've 2 weeks done on the antibiotic and I'm feeling more human. I've another week to go but I'm back on my feet at least and doing some walking.

I hope to get back on the treadmill and bike this weekend at some stage. I will organise to get a program done in the gym as my swimming has to be put on hold with my ear drum. I need to let it heal.

I'm not back to square one but I'll need to build myself back up to it slowly. It's a marathon, not a sprint. I miss the gym so that's a good sign I guess :)

Okay.

This morning I went back to the gym.

I ran for 10 mins. And did 10 mins walking with elevation.

I did 20 mins on the bike.

And I've lost another 2.1 kg while sick. I reckon some of that could be muscle loss.

But I've gone back. And I will continue to go back. I enjoyed it greatly.

Now. Bring on the rugby.

2 km run with an increased speed on the treadmill.

7 km bike.

No floor work but will try at home tomorrow evening instead.

I need to get a programme done for weights though. I'm ready to make the step up.

2km run

5km bike

Decided to try a few weights machines to get a feel for them. Did 5 sets of 10 reps for:

Abdominal (15 kg)
    Reverse leg lift (25 kg)
    Leg life (15 kg)

2km run

5km bike

250 m swim

Chest press (15 kg) 4 x 10
    Reverse leg curls (25 kg) 4 x 10

Weigh in: 129.6 kg; weight loss to date = 12.4 kg = around 18.5% of target loss.

I'm feeling better in myself. People are noticing my weight loss and commenting accordingly. It's a boost for confidence. Moving forward I need to push myself a little bit harder in the gym, and get back to being more careful about my food intakes. I had three bad days last week (Thurs = drinking; Friday = takeout; Saturday = rugby match so junk food at that) so that needs to decrease back to one treat day. I've started a new job so I'll be more active in the daytime (taking the stairs instead of the lift; on my feet in the lab) and I'll schedule gym time more religiously!

• Advertisement

Okay. I have been lax at keeping this up to date.

I should try harder.

Yesterday:
    2km run
    2km walk

(But a load of pints and dominos for dinner)

Today:
    30 mins swim
    20 mins jog/walk/sprint/walk

It occurred to me this evening that I haven't updated this in a long time.

I must get back into the habit.

Between different things my goals have changed slightly. I'm less focused on running and more focused on being active. Over the next 4-6 weeks I'm going to start including some resistance / strength training to start toning up the flabby bits.

Current weightloss stands at just over 30 kg, which I'm happy with. Generally my body shape has changed. I've developed curves! I've more to lose though, but as I've got the balance right food wise I'm sure it will come in time.

I've had some health difficulties including a bowel obstruction, but I'm back on track now and maintaining a basic level of activity through walking / jogging / swimming.

Will get back into the gym soon though. I'm not even going to bother with excuses.

But will update more often.

Firstly welcome back
    Secondly holy **** 30kg that's class well done
    Thirdly weight lifting FTW

Great stuff love the kinda updates

Advertisement