Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a cab driver

Options
  • 01-01-2014 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,
    Does anyone know how to track down a cab driver - so I can pay him for a fare that I owe him. I tried to take money out of the atm on the way home, but my card was declined and I had no cash at home. I honestly didn't mean to cheat him out of a fare and I gave him literally ever penny I could get (otherwise known as my change jar).
    I'd like to find him not only to give him the fare, but also to apologise.
    Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

This should help.

http://www.transportforireland.ie/taxi/taxi-driver-check/

You can use their driver number, car reg number, or plate number (on the roof), and it'll return their name, picture, car etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MD9

hi, thanks for the tip - but if I'd the wit to remember my stupid PIN, I'd be able to remember teh driver numbers. I've sent a mail to the taxi place in the NTA in case they'd be able to help - but mostly unless the driver was complaining about me, I probably have no way of finding him.
    I've given a donation to charity in an effort to right things with the universe.

By the way - if the cab driver ever sees this post, please PM me and I'll arrange to get your money to you - and also, I'm very sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭neckedit

MD9 wrote: »
    hi, thanks for the tip - but if I'd the wit to remember my stupid PIN, I'd be able to remember teh driver numbers. I've sent a mail to the taxi place in the NTA in case they'd be able to help - but mostly unless the driver was complaining about me, I probably have no way of finding him.
    I've given a donation to charity in an effort to right things with the universe.

By the way - if the cab driver ever sees this post, please PM me and I'll arrange to get your money to you - and also, I'm very sorry.

this happened to a pal of mine who drives a Ford 9 seater.....was it in Dublin??

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MD9

yes, in Dublin - but not a 9 seater. Sorry about that

Advertisement