Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does this mean!? [ATM/Debit card stamp duty]

Options
  • 02-01-2014 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Debit/ATM S.DUTY

Hi the above is showing up on my PTSB current account. There are two of the above transactions (each has a 7 code number after it) and each deducted €5 from my account.

I switched to avoid quarterly fees and have met those requirements so I have no idea what this is for. I have never seen it before.

Anybody have any idea?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

Debit/ATM S.DUTY

Hi the above is showing up on my PTSB current account. There are two of the above transactions (each has a 7 code number after it) and each deducted €5 from my account.

I switched to avoid quarterly fees and have met those requirements so I have no idea what this is for. I have never seen it before.

Anybody have any idea?[/quote government stamp duty on ATM cards

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Littlelulu13

km79 wrote: »
    Debit/ATM S.DUTY

Anybody have any idea?[/quote government stamp duty on ATM cards

thanks. Makes sense now alright! Its a pity they don't give notice of these debits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

^^None of the banks give notice for GSD. It's most likely noted in the T&Cs though.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Normally included in the account opening literature too. A quick check I've found it mentioned on the Ulster Bank website, and it's probably on the others too.

Advertisement