Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XBMC Help

• 02-01-2014 1:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭

Hope this is the right section to put this, feel free to move somewhere more appropriate of course.

I've having some issues with XBMC insofar that I'm setting up a HTPC where I can finally have everything together in one place, organised the way I want it.

However I'm having some issues with my music library. I've spent a bloody longtime tagging all my music, categorising it and making sure I've got all the album art etc.

Now when XBMC scans everything into the library it seems to insist on ****ing up all my hard work!!! :mad: It seems every album/artist scraper has some issues, I've seen Eric Clapton categorised as classical, several different languages in the categories, three different spellings (and thus 3 different categories) for Rock & Roll, etc. etc. etc.

Is there a way to either not use and album / artist scraper or use one that will only download images and just read all the tags and use that information to build the library?

This is really starting to annoy me so any help much appreciated.

thanks!!

Comments

XBMC will read your tags, that's how it gets the basic information to do scraping. If the basic stuff like Artist name, Album name or genre is wrong then it's likely wrong in your tags, I would double check them.

If you just want the info from your tags then you can disable the rest of the stuff (eg Album moods) in your scraper settings. There are several choices of scraper and each scraper has it's own settings for where it gets what. It's a good idea to manually browse each online source to get a feel for which is most accurate.

Most scrapers are community maintained so feel free to join one of them and fix any issues you come across.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,489 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

The music scraper (in Gotham) doesn't work for me at all for some reason. I have the exact same music collection which some additions that I had on the old XBOX with XBMC which scraped just fine. The current version doesn't seem to do much scaping at all. Am at a loss why. I'm not that bothered as I use XBMC exclusively for movies and tv shows anyhow these days which scrape just fine.
    I guess they must have changed the way it scrapes? There are good renamers for tv and movies but havent been able to find one for my music collection that would add the relevant info to the files , pull art down etc in place of xbmc (not) doing it like it used to before, anyone know of something similar for music?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement