Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert History Special Topic

Options
  • 02-01-2014 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi!
    I'm not sure what do to my history special topic on. I was thinking of doing something in Irish history, like something related to Padraig Pearse, Constance Markievicz or something related to that period of time in Irish history. Someone told me that "Pearse the educationist" could be an essay, and that interests me but I have no idea on how to structure it.

I'm also interested in the organisations of the Irish Citizen Army, Saor Eire, Irish Volunteers, Cumann na mBan and Fianna Éireann. But I dont have a clue how I could turn that into an essay.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,183 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You could cover the activities of one of the groups in your local area.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

howyaz wrote: »
    Hi!
    I'm not sure what do to my history special topic on. I was thinking of doing something in Irish history, like something related to Padraig Pearse, Constance Markievicz or something related to that period of time in Irish history. Someone told me that "Pearse the educationist" could be an essay, and that interests me but I have no idea on how to structure it.

I'm also interested in the organisations of the Irish Citizen Army, Saor Eire, Irish Volunteers, Cumann na mBan and Fianna Éireann. But I dont have a clue how I could turn that into an essay.
    Thanks.

You can do anything if you are willing to research it (and if it is historically relevant).

That said, I cant help but feel topics regarding the Easter Rising and War of Independence might be a bit overrepresented. I did my project and something less common (although it's significance was of more importance in my view), and while it probably wont help my mark, I think it's nice to do something only one or two out of the 13 or so thousand other students will do this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ADowling

Hi, I'm doing my project on the rural electrification of Ireland, but I'm only on the template one so far. Regarding the Outline Plan, I'm wondering if it's okay to put a personal reason as the reason for why you chose the topic. Is it okay to do that? Rural electrification wasn't on my course and I don't know what to put as the reason for doing it other than I found the topic interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,298 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

ADowling wrote: »
    Hi, I'm doing my project on the rural electrification of Ireland, but I'm only on the template one so far. Regarding the Outline Plan, I'm wondering if it's okay to put a personal reason as the reason for why you chose the topic. Is it okay to do that? Rural electrification wasn't on my course and I don't know what to put as the reason for doing it other than I found the topic interesting.

Yes that's fine. Many will give a personal reason for choosing the topic, particularly if they are writing their essay on a dead family member that took part in the Easter Rising, War of Independence etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ADowling

Ah grand thanks, wasn't sure :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement