Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxious About Work...For no apparent reason

Options
  • 02-01-2014 1:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭

So I've been getting a little anxious about going to work but there doesn't seem to be a good reason for it.

Its in retail and I've been there for well over a year at this stage, its not generic retail, it requires quit a bit of product knowledge...

Just wondering is this something people suffer with, or is it just me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭mogrady14

Lots of people seem to be anxious at the moment about their jobs. I just got off the bus and the woman next to me was anxious about her job too.

mogrady14 wrote: »
    Lots of people seem to be anxious at the moment about their jobs. I just got off the bus and the woman next to me was anxious about her job too.

Wow...what an insight...

OP, it happens...especially around this time after Xmas. People have been on their holidays, they've had fun and now they need to go back to a pressurized, stressful environment they don't necessarily want to be in. It's normal to feel anxious. Once you're back in the swing of things, you'll be grand...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Wow...what an insight...

OP, it happens...especially around this time after Xmas. People have been on their holidays, they've had fun and now they need to go back to a pressurized, stressful environment they don't necessarily want to be in. It's normal to feel anxious. Once you're back in the swing of things, you'll be grand...

Not the first time its happened to me, happened once before, went through about a week of feeling anxious about work, nothing major/serious just very mild anxiety and I do understand why, I generally take a laid back approach to work(maybe sometimes too laid back)

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭TheBoffin

Its very normal to experience anxiety going back to work after having some time off. I get this too because I enjoy being busy and my job usually keeps me on my toes all day and the day goes by quick. When off work for a week or two the routine is thrown and there is no structure to the day.

Some people deal with it better than others to the point where it doesn't bother them. Usually after the first day back the anxiety subsides and almost certainly by day 2/3 you are back to normal again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

It could just be delayed "fear" after :

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=88116290
    ..I think I should bring a blade next time just to show some justice
    ... think i should just knife ppl in future to get taken seriously

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

gctest50 wrote: »
    It could just be delayed "fear" after :

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=88116290

Well that was posted by mate who was using a laptop...after way too much liquor but thats off topic

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Ah ok - be great when you find the reason for the anxiety

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

gctest50, this sounds like a genuine post, so let's just take the poster at face-value on this on, please. Helpful posts only.

/moderation.

OP, how bad is it? If it's so bad that you just cannot go to work, then head for your GP and explain the problem. If not, then give it a week or so, and re-assess - again, go to your GP if it's still going on.

There are a range of issues that can cause this sort of reaction, from a personal health problem (physical or mental), right through to an instinct that the business isn't doing as well as it should and that your job might be at risk.

Totally normal from time to time - but make sure you get professional help if it doesn't go away soon enough.

Advertisement