Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E45 on settled tattoos

• 02-01-2014 1:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

Hi, just wondering if anyone else uses E45 or other type of creams on settled tattoos? and if there is a detrimental side to using moisturising creams regularly?

Ta :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Nope, I use Bepanthen during the healing process over the first few days and then Johnson's Baby Lotion. Even a few weeks after the tatt has healed, I'll still lob on some lotion from time to time, just because...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

I moisturise all over regularly so my tattoos get moisturised regularly as a result! Doesn't seen to have had any detrimental affects so far :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

It puts the lotion on the skin or it gets the hose! :D
    Seriously, there's no harm in it. I used Bepanthen for the aftercare for about 2 weeks after getting my tat then I switched over to my regular shower gel which is the Lidl brand in the white bottle- Cien I think it's called.
    Never had any problems here.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

Nice one! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

McChubbin wrote: »
    It puts the lotion on the skin or it gets the hose! :D

LMAO!!

itrubsthelotion.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I moisturise my body every day and everyone of nmy tattoos get moisturised because they're on my arms, legs and ankles and I'm moisturising those areas anyway.

Been doing it for years and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference in age between my six year old tattoo and my several month old tattoo :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭innad

Same here, I have dry skin and moisturise daily. Also exfoliate regularly and so far none of my tattoos have rubbed off ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I use E45 cream almost daily and all of the tats get a going over, no harm done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Tattoos are in the dermis, they ain't going anywhere. As long as it's healed, sloshing on any amount of moisturiser will have no negative effect on the tattoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭poundapunnet

I've always had it in my head that moisturising your tattoos is good for them. Have had several people tell me it makes no sense and I know it doesn't but you know when you just can't quite dislodge an idea? Always give them plenty of attention when I get out of the shower, good to know I'm at least not doing any harm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I've always had it in my head that moisturising your tattoos is good for them. Have had several people tell me it makes no sense and I know it doesn't but you know when you just can't quite dislodge an idea? Always give them plenty of attention when I get out of the shower, good to know I'm at least not doing any harm

I suppose it'd be like having a clean frame over a painting, the painting will always look good but having a clean frame over it makes it look great. Same way as having good skin (which moisturizing seems to help) will always make a tattoo look great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

i use to put bepanthan on mine but now i just use moisturiser and they heal better for me

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭martomcg

I was told (sometime ago I may add) that E45 has got ingredients in it that have a bleaching element in them and can cause the tattoo to fade quicker? And that Bepanthen was far better?

No idea if its true but since then I've never had an artist recommend using E45 on any other tattoos.

Advertisement