Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android Tv Box

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Raspberyy Pi works straight out of the box for me. No overclocking, just copy the image to the SD card and good to go.
    no fan so dead quiet, works through most modern TV remotes, plays all formats, runs XBMC and its tiny. Gets my vote everytime

Sgt - I do like Rpi, but it has it's own limitations like no access to play store.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭epo addict

Is there much difference between a Minix X5 & X7?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

epo addict wrote: »
    X5 is dual core X7 quad core

• Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭dubrov

For streaming no, for gaming yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭dubrov

For streaming no, for gaming yes

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭golfdiva

Do these android boxes connect to the internet via wi-fi or do you need to use an ethernet cable?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Usually they can do both.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭golfdiva

eamonnq wrote: »
    Usually they can do both.

Great , they could be handy so for going away on holidays provided the hotel has wifi.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

golfdiva wrote: »
    Great , they could be handy so for going away on holidays provided the hotel has wifi.
    Got a Tronsmart Prometheus a while back; it had both HDMI out, as well as a connection for the yellow RCA connector for the older TV's. It has an inbuilt ethernet port, has 3 USB ports, and an SD card slot. I just leave a 16GB SD card init, and have it hooked up with an ethernet cable, with an FTP server running on it, so I can upload videos to it from the PC if I want to :)

The ONE DISADVANTAGE to it is that you gotta take it apart, and put a (southbridge) heatsink on it, otherwise it doesn't handle 1080p movies that well. Also, it's duel core, but find the pros outweigh the cons for it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement