Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Egg farming count towards regional work

Options
  • 02-01-2014 2:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭

Can anyone confirm 100% that egg farming and the processing/packaging of eggs in a post code on the regional list counts towards 2nd year visa?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

immigration probably can say 100%.

have you read this: http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1263.pdf

– immediate processing of animal products including shearing, butchery in an abattoir, packing and tanning;
    Note: Secondary processing of animal products, such as smallgoods processing and retail butchery is not eligible.

depends on your definition of processing/packaging, but i'd guess at 99% certainty, you are good to go!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

lg123 wrote: »
    immigration probably can say 100%.

have you read this: http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1263.pdf

– immediate processing of animal products including shearing, butchery in an abattoir, packing and tanning;
    Note: Secondary processing of animal products, such as smallgoods processing and retail butchery is not eligible.

depends on your definition of processing/packaging, but i'd guess at 99% certainty, you are good to go!!

Yeh girlfriend and her brother read all that but it's not completely definitive. So was hoping someone here might be able to help.

Heard enough stories about people getting stung doing regional work!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

send the job description to immigration and see if you can get a definite answer out of them.

from my experience, the only definite answer they will ever give is a visa decision.

from the way i read it, if the duties are all involved in the primary processes of getting the egg from under the hen to a packaged state, then you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Yeah its good, collecting and packaging eggs is no different from collecting and packaging vegetables.

Advertisement