Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marketing to brides and grooms

Options
  • 02-01-2014 2:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi all

I have developed a bespoke product which I sell to brides and grooms for their wedding day.

But am having trouble actually finding people who are getting married - so haven't made much sales.

Can anyone advise how best to get my unique product out there so brides to be know it exists?

I have a small amount of capital I am willing to invest in advertising but
    preferably need some cheap or free suggestions...

Thanks a mil looking forward to some feedback

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cowlove

Become a supplier on weddingsonline.ie (not sure how much their fee is).

Advertise on adverts.ie (free)

Advertise in local papers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Target facebook ads at people who are engaged

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭CinSoots

Weddingsonline.ie and Mrs2be.ie are the two most popular wedding forums with thousands of brides registering every week. Neither are free and both would have a package to suit.

You should also contact all former customers and ask them to leave a review of your product in the forums of the websites above. Tag them in Facebook also with a post on each wedding. Etc etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Spice Girl

I have a wedding stationery company and would be happy to mention you on my Facebook page, if suitable. Do you want to PM me the details?
    Networking counts for a lot.
    Mrs2be has a daily mailing, as does One Fab Day so might be worth sending out a press release.
    A Facebook comp might do well.
    I have an ad running on Facebook and get a lot of likes through that.

I got married last year - most of our ideas of what we liked, disliked and needed came from from other weddings we attended over the years after that it was a mix of going to a wedding fair (we got one supplier from there and discounted a lot of other gimmicks when we realised the cost), magazines (far too many and they were generally too fancy for my taste) and the websites mentioned above.

A lot of the sector seems to operate on recommendation and reputation - I think you need to get your name out there and sign up some clients and hope to get the ball rolling from there.

It seems to be a competitive sector that is difficult to break into because of the above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Jessi_Evans

Target facebook ads at people who are engaged

I agree, you can run a cheap test and I suggest to even setup an optin page and then follow up with some compelling direct mail pieces. If you do it right you will get calls for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭RUDOLF289

Hi all

I have developed a bespoke product which I sell to brides and grooms for their wedding day.

But am having trouble actually finding people who are getting married - so haven't made much sales.

Can anyone advise how best to get my unique product out there so brides to be know it exists?

I have a small amount of capital I am willing to invest in advertising but
    preferably need some cheap or free suggestions...

Thanks a mil looking forward to some feedback

Hello Businessdit,

My recommendation would be to approach people / companies in the wedding business. That would be florist, photographers, wedding stationers, bridal shops / groom wear hire, hotels and anybody else you can think of that may be connected to the wedding business.

I am sure that if you have a good product that it will be of interest to show case your product on a reciprocal basis (i.e. facebook, twitter etc).

That's my tuppence hapenny's worth

Cheers,
    Rudolf289

Advertisement