Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brandy and Cigars: Off topic thread

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

D'Agger wrote: »
    I'm all over being perma-single don't worry brah :)

Is there anyone that wud have ya?? :pac::p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I'm all over being perma-single don't worry brah :)

Woooo perma-single \o/

Can I go home yet :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Yeah sure head off there. Tell your boss I said it was ok

\o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Is there anyone that wud have ya?? :pac::p

Too Cork for the Kerry women, too Kerry for the Cork women....I need to get to Dublin :pac:
    Woooo perma-single \o/

o/ - up top brah! :D

Bras eh.....

>_>

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Too Cork for the Kerry women, too Kerry for the Cork women....I need to get to Dublin :pac:

Yup, they'll take anyone up here.. non dubs are exotic like.
    Strange accents and that foreign language they can't quite understand :pac:

Job, next beers so sure :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭BonsaiKitten

Perverts.

Spoilsport.
    giphy.gif

:P
    Any more engagements around here and we'll need an intervention. :pac:

:eek: No thank you!

Yes but there's strange accents and then there's Daggs...we'd need to hire him a translator before we set him loose on the poor women of Dublin!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

So exam folk, Pantro and BK. How did they go?

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    So exam folk, Pantro and BK. How did they go?

Finished it there at 5.
    Hmm...was ok I think. Deadly dull like but I was happy enough with it!

How's your day been? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Wedding venue sorted, giggidy!

Gonna head down next Saturday to pay the deposit.

Met the owner which was great.

So sound and Id say a mad bastard.

Delira!

Delira!

Well done man! Things are motoring along for you :)

How's your day been? smile.png

Great, Saturday afternoon, me and son have the apt to ourselves. Battle of Los Angeles blasting on the stereo.
    We may need to apologise to everone in the apartment block later.

Kids and their music ay wink.png \m/(>.<)\m/

Nice, I assume there will be an open invite for all of TGC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Delira!

Just paid ours!

Gulp.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Nice, I assume there will be an open invite for all of TGC?

Indubitably.

>.>

Slattsy wrote: »
    Just paid ours!

Gulp.

Nice, when is it?

We are going for the 10th of July 2015.

I just read an article that said the QPR wage bill is higher than Athletico Madrid :D

13th June 2015.

Jaysis that's scary. I want out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I just read an article that said the QPR wage bill is higher than Athletico Madrid :D

Crazy isn't it? Makes you root all the more for Athletico tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Aidric wrote: »
    Crazy isn't it? Makes you root all the more for Athletico tonight.
    Time to mute some of my facebook friends, both Real .... and Barça supporters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Weddings are great craic, was at one today :D Some day, for one day!

Best of luck with those results, kitten :)

Right, I'm off for another drink :pac:

Yaaaawwwnnn

What day is today?

Enjoy work suckerssssssssssss

Yaaaawwwnnn

What day is today?

Enjoy work suckerssssssssssss
    I'm enjoying my morning, just about to go for a coffee :)

Ribs were at me again during the week so went to VHI, have a case of bruised ribs which requires 4-6 weeks rest apparently, hoping to take it handy this week and be able to go back to it next week.

How're the Tuesdays going so far gents? Nice sunny day here in Cork :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Lovely day here in Dublin too.

Still a little tired, and potentially still hungover, from the festival activities but work is going fine, if busy.

How are our exam folks getting on, and everyone else for that matter?

All ok so far.. absolutely amazing day outside, so gonna head out for a stroll at lunch time methinks and admire the views :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I finished mine last WK and they were a disater ,more harder than I thought they would be .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I'm in my last week at work here so killing time essentially.

Finishing up Friday, off to Spain Saturday, home Wednesday, off to Nice Thursday, start work in Intel a week later and have the following week off for Body & Soul followed by Sea Sessions - it's going to be a decent few weeks!

(Comes free with a 50% pay rise as well :pac:)

Knex. wrote: »

Still a little tired, and potentially still hungover, from the festival activities but work is going fine, if busy.

How was the festival actually - any recommendations coming out of it? Other than to drink in moderation :)
    I finished mine last WK and they were a disater ,more harder than I thought they would be .

Sorry to hear that man, fingers crossed they'll mark it easier as a result - what are you studying btw?
    keane2097 wrote: »
    I'm in my last week at work here so killing time essentially.

Finishing up Friday, off to Spain Saturday, home Wednesday, off to Nice Thursday, start work in Intel a week later and have the following week off for Body & Soul followed by Sea Sessions - it's going to be a decent few weeks!

(Comes free with a 50% pay rise as well :pac:)

Ah that sounds ridiculous! Enjoy you jammy fúck!! :) I assume you're not moving for the job?

Nice - always a good spot for a kebab with chips in it!

Check out Funeral Suits & Flight Facilities at Sea Sessions - Flight Facilities are amazing, this mix tape by them is brilliant to work or chill out to

Ah that sounds ridiculous! Enjoy you jammy fúck!! :) I assume you're not moving for the job?

Nice - always a good spot for a kebab with chips in it!

Check out Funeral Suits & Flight Facilities at Sea Sessions - Flight Facilities are amazing, this mix tape by them is brilliant to work or chill out to

No it's only out the road so staying in Ranelagh. It will be a fairly quiet trip to Nice this time around I suspect, just going with my cousin who is a non-drinker but that will probably be a good thing considering what I would expect to be an absurd week at the two festivals.

Any plans to visit Dublin over the summer?

• Advertisement

That youtube link doesn't seem to be working either...

No it's only out the road so staying in Ranelagh. It will be a fairly quiet trip to Nice this time around I suspect, just going with my cousin who is a non-drinker but that will probably be a good thing considering what I would expect to be an absurd week at the two festivals.

Any plans to visit Dublin over the summer?

Video should be working now, dash missing from the link

Yeah hoping to get up to Dublin soon enough if I can, after saddling myself with a new car loan though and I'm hoping to go to Chicago & Vegas in October so I'll be saving as much as I can for the next few months so I'm not completely in debt heading into Christmas.

Sure you'll be grand - sipping coronas and whatnot on the balcony....if you're stuck you can always go for box wine :)

start work in Intel a week later

Ha I used to work there. Congrats on the job

Thanks, funnily enough I've worked for them in the past as well, albeit in Shannon rather than Leixlip. I'll be in design rather than the fab.

Thanks, funnily enough I've worked for them in the past as well, albeit in Shannon rather than Leixlip. I'll be in design rather than the fab.

Actually would be interested to hear reports on what the canteens and gym were like when you were there!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Mad crazy at work.
    Need a drink...

Have had 5 coffee's today, and an espresso before i left the house.
    Paid for 3 of those coffee's - and i wonder where my money goes !!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sorry to hear that man, fingers crossed they'll mark it easier as a result - what are you studying btw?

Accountancy,Im just glad there over tbh,feel less stressed.

I forgot how addictive football manager can be :-/.

• Advertisement

Slattsy wrote: »
    Have had 5 coffee's today, and an espresso before i left the house.
    Paid for 3 of those coffee's - and i wonder where my money goes !!!
    I'd be preparing for launch with that much coffee!!

Just after a matcha tea there, trying to get back into the swing of things with the diet

Just after a matcha tea there, trying to get back into the swing of things with the diet

Is that like powdered green tea?

Actually would be interested to hear reports on what the canteens and gym were like when you were there!?

Gym was basic enough but never really that busy so never had any problems. There is a hall where we used to play football aswell along with a sauna and showers.
    Canteen is grand. Everyone complains about it but it is probably as good a work canteen as I have seen anywhere. there are three of them anywway so if you get tired of one then move onto another.
    They are a good company to work for. You just need to go with the usual corporate nonsense and safety stuff. They talk about sore fingers and wrists alot:D
    The main downside is the social aspect. People live from Portlaoise to Tullamore to Dundalk to Dublin so nights out never really happened too often.

Ask away if you have any other questions. I was there for 14 years so know the place pretty well. Still know a heap of lads out there.

Gym was basic enough but never really that busy so never had any problems. There is a hall where we used to play football aswell along with a sauna and showers.
    Canteen is grand. Everyone complains about it but it is probably as good a work canteen as I have seen anywhere. there are three of them anywway so if you get tired of one then move onto another.
    They are a good company to work for. You just need to go with the usual corporate nonsense and safety stuff. They talk about sore fingers and wrists alot:D
    The main downside is the social aspect. People live from Portlaoise to Tullamore to Dundalk to Dublin so nights out never really happened too often.

Ask away if you have any other questions. I was there for 14 years so know the place pretty well. Still know a heap of lads out there.

Cool, that was my next question actually about playing soccer. We used do two lunch times a week of astro in Shannon that was great, hopefully similar goes on in Leixlip.

I'm tempted to go with public transport having done a bit of research it's going to cost me in the region of €2500 a year to drive from Ranelagh, whereas I can get a Luas and Dublin Bus taxsaver ticket for ~€700. I think there's a bus that passes by Intel that goes from Westmoreland Street.

What sort of work did you do for them?

Just saw the pics of the new car, she's a beaut! Congrats!

Cool, that was my next question actually about playing soccer. We used do two lunch times a week of astro in Shannon that was great, hopefully similar goes on in Leixlip.

I'm tempted to go with public transport having done a bit of research it's going to cost me in the region of €2500 a year to drive from Ranelagh, whereas I can get a Luas and Dublin Bus taxsaver ticket for ~€700. I think there's a bus that passes by Intel that goes from Westmoreland Street.

What sort of work did you do for them?

66 stops right outside. You can get the train from Connolly to Louisa Bridge either. Driving would be the quickest option though.
    the hall can be booked for 5 a side but it was sometimes hard to get a slot. They have an outdoor pitch too though and used to have a team in the AUL league.

I was in the test and analysis department. Was a electronic engineer in a previous incarnation.

• Advertisement

entropi wrote: »
    Weddings are great craic, was at one today :D Some day, for one day!

Best of luck with those results, kitten :)

Right, I'm off for another drink :pac:

And thank you! :)
    I saw the pics alright - wedding suit selfies eh?

*ahem*
    Knex. wrote: »

Had an exam this morning! Then went home, crawled into bed and slept til 6. :D
    One more left...just one more...

The 66 goes on a very long route tbh, driving would be much faster.

Just found out my results are out on Friday... eeeeeeek!! :eek::eek::eek:

I'm starting to get nervous already.. :o

^ Relax its ok. Most STDs are manageable and cause no actual detriment to ones quality of life.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

hahah

Is that like powdered green tea?

Yup - check it out, seems to be incredibly good for you, can get it from lilysteashop.ie
    *ahem*

Had an exam this morning! Then went home, crawled into bed and slept til 6. :D

It being The Gentlemens Club, there's nothing wrong with my choice of greeting....Student!

All the best in the last exam :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement