Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brandy and Cigars: Off topic thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

So I was walking past the washing machine (I had a wash going) and what did I spot looking back at me only a game for the Playstation Vita.
    A tear escaped my eye.
    Then I spied my own reflection and looked at it and thought "you're 30".
    Then another tear escaped my eye.
    Dam washing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Panthro wrote: »
    So I was walking past the washing machine (I had a wash going) and what did I spot looking back at me only a game for the Playstation Vita.
    A tear escaped my eye.
    Then I spied my own reflection and looked at it and thought "you're 30".
    Then another tear escaped my eye.
    Dam washing.
    You'll be down a few socks later so best to just get some tissues close to hand now man :)

its alive!!
    tumblr_lju6ex3ism1qzej09-2.gif?w=830

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Anyone wish they were writing the leaving cert again? I do :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

MIN2511 wrote: »

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

Think.I've got the message across :P

Now if you asked if I'd like to be back in college first time around, the answer would be yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah!!!!

You get the idea :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

MIN2511 wrote: »
    God No. The thoughts of Irish poetry still wakes me up in a cold sweat some nights

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    God No. The thoughts of Irish poetry still wakes me up in a cold sweat some nights

That b*tch Peig has a lot to answer for I tell ya :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

There was one poem on the cirriculum by a woman called Maire Mac an Tsaoi (or something like that) where she just whinged that nobody would publish her poems. It was just a rant but seemingle the bar for acceptance on the LC course for literature as gaelige is fairly low. If I could have done Maths subjects, science, business subjects and history I would have enjoyed it but instead my days were spent learning off quotes from Othello, trying to understand dead languages and dealing with teachers that had no business being in a classroom.
    Rose coloured glasses MIN????? Or maybe you just went to a better school than me;)

Oh god no! Fúck the LC!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

The LC? Hell no!! Never again :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Can't wait until leaving cert night. What!

Slattsy wrote: »
    Can't wait until leaving cert night. What!

tut tut!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Recovering better than I expected following getting my Wisdom teeth out yesterday, thankfully. Did come to half way though the procedure so now have a vivid memory of two of my teeth being cracked, pulled, and stitched, however.

Anyway, about to settle down now and watch 50-50 for the first time, and not due back in work again until Monday.

How's everyone? Haven't kept up-to-date with the exam crew on here, but hope all went well, assuming ye're finished.

Knex. wrote: »
    Recovering better than I expected following getting my Wisdom teeth out yesterday, thankfully. Did come to half way though the procedure so now have a vivid memory of two of my teeth being cracked, pulled, and stitched, however.

Anyway, about to settle down now and watch 50-50 for the first time, and not due back in work again until Monday.

How's everyone? Haven't kept up-to-date with the exam crew on here, but hope all went well, assuming ye're finished.
    That sound horrendous!!

How're you feeling today? And more importantly - what did you make of 50-50?

Also Merry Friday all :)

Today is a bit worse than yesterday, admittedly, but its manageable. Cheers for asking :)

Thought 50/50 was great, I really did. Well acted, and is both funny and emotional. Great shout for a film.

Today is a bit worse than yesterday, admittedly, but its manageable. Cheers for asking :)

Thought 50/50 was great, I really did. Well acted, and is both funny and emotional. Great shout for a film.
    Possibly my favourite movie - so good, the dogs name is hilarious too :D

Any plans for the weekend folks? Up to my eyes at work & I've to work Sunday morning at 7am although that's to finish a project I've wanted to do since I joined the company so not all bad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Have a birthday tomorrow, another one. Was meant to be an open bar thingy, but alas no! :mad: That could be a blessing or a curse.

Quiet Friday night in.

Barna77 wrote: »
    Have a birthday tomorrow, another one. Was meant to be an open bar thingy, but alas no! :mad: That could be a blessing or a curse.

Quiet Friday night in.
    Gutted for you Barna, plough away on with a naggen sure :)

Watched 50/50 on your advice.

Good movie, could have been better only for Seth Rogen.

The therapist was hot though wasnt she, in an odd kinda way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭BonsaiKitten

Been very busy since the exams finished, out on placement and it's swallowed up my life as usual!

Heading out to see the bf in a bit and then between that and prep for Monday that's the weekend pretty much gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

The weather was surprising lovely today... Anyone see the people dancing in Stephen's Green park?

I currently have a very slight lead in a very important competition. Fingers crossed for me ;)

Results out tomorrow or Monday

I currently have a very slight lead in a very important competition. Fingers crossed for me ;)

Results out tomorrow or Monday
    Best of luck man!

Anna Kendrick is awesome

Bate from playing keepie uppies so sitting down watching Silicon Valley - very funny, from the maker of Office Space

D'Agger wrote: »
    Best of luck man!

It is a huge deal. Will be one for the CV if I can pull it off. Will post the results here when I find out:D

So I have my first assignment due in at midnight tonight. I had allocated Saturday night, all day yesterday and all day today to do it but there was no IT support over the weekend and their website with all of the relevant research material and textbooks was offline for the weekend :rolleyes:.
    So my 2.5 days has been whittled down to 12 hours and the website is still down.

So I have my first assignment due in at midnight tonight. I had allocated Saturday night, all day yesterday and all day today to do it but there was no IT support over the weekend and their website with all of the relevant research material and textbooks was offline for the weekend :rolleyes:.
    So my 2.5 days has been whittled down to 12 hours and the website is still down.
    Is it for a college course or a company? Because a college should absolutely have weekend support in place. Best of luck with it anyway man that sounds tough!!

We recabled our main office yesterday, was in from 7am - 4pm but got it done - few issues this morning so been fairly hectic! I really need to take some time off too, barring the odd Monday I've taken nothing since Christmas :(

Hope all your weekends were lovely!

Is it for a college course or a company? Because a college should absolutely have weekend support in place. Best of luck with it anyway man that sounds tough!!
    Professional tax exams. There will be an extension issued because of the problem but still have wasted a weekend as you can't rely on the extension so have spent alot of time manually rooting through legislation and typing out large tracts of it whereas the online resources would be searchable in seconds and copy and paste the relevant legislative quotes to back up the decision making process. Poor form I think.
    An extension is of limited use anyway as there is another CA coming up that requires the time that has already been wasted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I dont like house hunting :mad:

Professional tax exams. There will be an extension issued because of the problem but still have wasted a weekend as you can't rely on the extension so have spent alot of time manually rooting through legislation and typing out large tracts of it whereas the online resources would be searchable in seconds and copy and paste the relevant legislative quotes to back up the decision making process. Poor form I think.
    An extension is of limited use anyway as there is another CA coming up that requires the time that has already been wasted.

Jokeshop! That's ridiculous!
    I dont like house hunting :mad:

I'd imagine house hunting would be depressing tbh, seeing the figures involved would make me feel uncomfortable!

• Advertisement

I'd imagine house hunting would be depressing tbh, seeing the figures involved would make me feel uncomfortable!

Well this is just rent hunting right now but still all the depressing :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Where you looking Chin Balls?

Pretty much anywhere that isnt a dive right now :o
    Landlord decided she wants the apt for herself so I have until early next month :/

Balls.

Sharing or on your own?

On my own at the moment but more willing to share then ever (the minefield that it may be :pac: )

In my single days I would loved to have had a place of my own but I couldn't justify paying up to a grand a month for somewhere decent when really nice house shares were half the price.

From experience if you are going down the sharing route a house is massively better than an apartment and the 2 key things to look for are a big kitchen and decent living room as most time with housemates will be spent there.

Plus sharing is a great way to make new friends, I'm still very close to a couple of people I met randomly by moving into houses.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I'm moving in a couple of weeks. Not looking forward to it; my flat is awesome and I get on really well with my flatmate. C'est la vie I guess. Maybe I'll make some great new friends in my next share.

In my single days I would loved to have had a place of my own but I couldn't justify paying up to a grand a month for somewhere decent when really nice house shares were half the price.

From experience if you are going down the sharing route a house is massively better than an apartment and the 2 key things to look for are a big kitchen and decent living room as most time with housemates will be spent there.

Plus sharing is a great way to make new friends, I'm still very close to a couple of people I met randomly by moving into houses.

Yeah id rather a house share if not on my own. The search goes on :)

get a house together lads, wayyyyyy!!:D

Serious thunderbolts of lightening (very very frightening) here at the moment.
    The poor dogeen is gone in behind the sofa.
    That's when ya know shyt is getting real!:D

Panthro wrote: »
    get a house together lads, wayyyyyy!!:D

Serious thunderbolts of lightening (very very frightening) here at the moment.
    The poor dogeen is gone in behind the sofa.
    That's when ya know shyt is getting real!:D

What part of the country is that?

In Cork at the moment, and all is calm. Have to make my way to Dublin now in a bit though.

House hunting is a pain in the balls :mad:

• Advertisement

On my own at the moment but more willing to share then ever (the minefield that it may be :pac: )

Even now I wouldn't mind an apartment to myself but even then there's upsides and downsides to that. The peace and quiet would be nice, but it's also nice to come home from work and chat about how the day was etc.

Plus if you're stuck for a lift somewhere or need help with something then a housemate is very handy :)

The price of getting an apt to yourself is outrageous too!
    What part of the country is that?

In Cork at the moment, and all is calm. Have to make my way to Dublin now in a bit though.

Calm indeed - bit cold though....smuggling raisins this morning with no coat :pac:

The aul boy brought me back 3 bottles of Tanqueray from his holiday :)

And the mother is over visiting my brother in Japan, and im hoping she'll bring me back jap scotch when she lands on Thursday (i dropped a few hints) before she left.

*sounds like they're seperated doesnt it lol, but there not!!

Japanese scotch eh....wouldn't mind a shot-een of that now myself.

In for 7 this morning because of a powercut, thankfully it was back when I got in so now I'm just making sure everything's alright....still though....I really need to take a week off :(

Viewed a great place there on Monday night; roomy, spacious, sound housemates and between rent and bills it'd cost exactly half of what I'm paying now. Hopefully the other people viewing it this week aren't as sound as me :pac:

Viewed a great place there on Monday night; roomy, spacious, sound housemates and between rent and bills it'd cost exactly half of what I'm paying now. Hopefully the other people viewing it this week aren't as sound as me :pac:
    Best of luck man, hope you get it :)

All the best with that man.

Cheers.

Waiting to find out if you're the preferred choice of housemate is so degrading :p

Cheers.

Waiting to find out if you're the preferred choice of housemate is so degrading :p
    I've to put my room on daft tonight actually thinking about it - my best friend is moving out and I'm taking his room - it's a nice step up but losing a top notch housemate which is upsetting! :(

^ Been there. And getting adjusted to new place, people...

Best of luck gents

I've to put my room on daft tonight actually thinking about it - my best friend is moving out and I'm taking his room - it's a nice step up but losing a top notch housemate which is upsetting! :(
    I know, it sucks. I get on really well with my flatmate, he's an old mate from college. Damn wimins!

• Advertisement
Advertisement