Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brandy and Cigars: Off topic thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

haha D'Aggs, great avatar.
    Cheers brah - got Italy in the draw so I'm going all out, plus Pirlo is a champ :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Found and have been offered a room... in Temple Bar.

This should be interesting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Congrats! You taking it?

Yeah I think so. I'm homeless on Saturday week so it's a relief to find somewhere; if it doesn't work out I can always find another place later with less time pressure. I think it could be pretty cool living there though.

Well done man - hope it works out okay for you!

I forgot to close the back door of the house this morning so had to tear home at half 12....thankfully we weren't robbed but dear god....talk about dropping the ball! :o

D'Agger wrote: »
    Well done man - hope it works out okay for you!

I forgot to close the back door of the house this morning so had to tear home at half 12....thankfully we weren't robbed but dear god....talk about dropping the ball! :o
    haha, we left the front door wide open for 3 hours the day we moved in to the current gaff...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Visitors coming at 5! Like wtf?? Does she even realise the world cup is on?

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Visitors coming at 5! Like wtf?? Does she even realise the world cup is on?
    Just watch the football and they'll take the hint :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Ah I'm not able for this heat :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Played footie 8-9 there, in that heat, after the weekend i just had........banjaxed!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I don't venture into this forum very often but as I didn't feel the question warrented its' own thread, I figured I'd just ask in here:
    Can anyone recommend any good beard-related things to buy as a gift for a hairsuite relative? I was thinking something along the lines of a tonic for the hair and skin but I'm not sure where to start.
    Any suggestions would be great. :)

McChubbin wrote: »
    I don't venture into this forum very often but as I didn't feel the question warrented its' own thread, I figured I'd just ask in here:
    Can anyone recommend any good beard-related things to buy as a gift for a hairsuite relative? I was thinking something along the lines of a tonic for the hair and skin but I'm not sure where to start.
    Any suggestions would be great. :)
    Well, just so as you're aware - the Facial Hair & Hats forum is here you may find more along the lines of what you're looking for here.

Personally - I'd recommend almond oil - it's cheap and you can pick it up in boots - rub it into hair and skin after a shower before bed and you'll notice the effects - there's an article here on its benefits

If this person likes to groom then I recently invested €10 in a decent hairbrush - again, you can pick up a decent one in boots, maybe add in a tub of their favourite gel/product put it all in a box and you have a nice, personal gift.

Hope that helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

It's sort of warm... isn't it? :pac:

Saw a bunch of guys in other building having a bbq for their lunch break
    :(

Cheers, D'Agger. Thanks for the links. Almond oil you say? Sure, if it makes my brother smell like a Battenburg...! :pac:

Cheers, D'Agger. Thanks for the links. Almond oil you say? Sure, if it makes my brother smell like a Battenburg...! :pac:
    He'll enjoy smelling like a pack of these badboys :pac:

38almondfingers.jpg

Any nerds here know how to speed up a laptop???
    Its suddenly gone very slow on me :(

Slattsy wrote: »
    Any nerds here know how to speed up a laptop???
    Its suddenly gone very slow on me :(
    All I can suggest is to defrag and do a System Cleanup to dump out the cache of old files but aside from that, I'm stumped. :/

All I can suggest is to defrag and do a System Cleanup to dump out the cache of old files but aside from that, I'm stumped. :/

Yeah sounds good.
    Can you tell me how to do all of the above?

Yeah sounds good.
    Can you tell me how to do all of the above?
    Sure thing.

I assume you're a Windows user?
    If so, go to Start Menu and look in the Accessories Menu under All Programs.
    Go into System Tools and you should find Disk Cleanup and Disk Defragmenter.
    Both are relatively straightforward enough to use though the defrag can take a long while if you have a fair amount of clutter on your computer.

Hope it helps! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Check your startup list aswell. A surprising amount of dirt gets running without you even knowing.

CCleaner is a windows essential for cleaning up all programs/files/etc. Just use the free vrsion

Cheers buddies!!

That disc defrag looks like it could take a few weeks run lol

Cheers buddies!!

That disc defrag looks like it could take a few weeks run lol
    Stick with it- it'll usually take a couple of hours to clean out a large backlog of clutter. I'd recommend leaving it overnight if you can.

Yeah i think i'll just do that man, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Yaaay, Steam sale. :)

Gotta love cheap steam.

I use the kettle myself.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Yeah i think i'll just do that man, cheers.

Lady ;)

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Lady ;)

Aaaaah.
    So thats why my laptop exploded during the night!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,603 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Sure thing.

I assume you're a Windows user?
    If so, go to Start Menu and look in the Accessories Menu under All Programs.
    Go into System Tools and you should find Disk Cleanup and Disk Defragmenter.
    Both are relatively straightforward enough to use though the defrag can take a long while if you have a fair amount of clutter on your computer.

Hope it helps! :D

You might want to look at a third party tool for defragmentation. Try download.com. I found the Windows tools to be somewhat inefficient.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Weekend \o/

Monday off \o/

What ye up to this weeknd gents? My best mate and his girlfriend, who I haven't seen since Christmas, are coming up to Dublin today for the weekend. Can't wait and it's going to be a full on session :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Going to a really good mates 30th birthday barbecue at his gaff then depending on how that goes perhaps on to town afterwards.

Looking forward to it and it will be muchos boozios!

• Advertisement

Back in 'Caaaaark' for the weekend as folks needed helps with stuff around the home, but heading out for a BBQ and drinks at a mates house, and we'll see where that takes us after.

Enjoy, peeps!

I'm in Kerry but there's an off chance I'll end up out in Cork tonight also! Mini beers ftw Knex :pac:

The lads are already talking about Holy Cow and Voodoo Rooms, so no doubt I'll be ending up in a pub somewhere in Cork. If I hear a Kerry accent I'll wander over :D

Women!

And other such clichés.

Women!

And other such clichés.

Newly single work colleague, woman? :p

Sadly no! That's a rant for another day I'm sure :pac:

A week ago I hooked up with a girl I've become friends with recently. This weekend she invites me along to her birthday drinks so I head along. She spends the whole evening doing the loved-up girlfriend routine with some other dude (arms around each other's waists, kissing, talking to the group as a couple). Now that I think back, I'm pretty sure she slept with him the same weekend she did with me.

She's not the only girl in the picture at the moment so I wasn't exactly crying into my wit bier, but it did seem like pretty insulting behaviour all the same.

Sadly no! That's a rant for another day I'm sure :pac:

A week ago I hooked up with a girl I've become friends with recently. This weekend she invites me along to her birthday drinks so I head along. She spends the whole evening doing the loved-up girlfriend routine with some other dude (arms around each other's waists, kissing, talking to the group as a couple). Now that I think back, I'm pretty sure she slept with him the same weekend she did with me.

She's not the only girl in the picture at the moment so I wasn't exactly crying into my wit bier, but it did seem like pretty insulting behaviour all the same.

Ahh, I've had that.

Some women, and men tbh, are like that. I can think of at least two, straight off the bat, that I know and was involved in similar scenarios with.

Walked away quick the second time, but the first time I was a little too dimwitted. They never changed in the years after that I knew them, that's for sure. Have their cake and eat it too, comes to mind.

Even if she does get onto you again, I would strongly recommend walking away! :pac:

In my experience, even though it isn't nice and you do feel insulted, I wouldn't take it too personally. Obviously I'm jumping to conclusions here, but she seems like one of those drama, attention loving women. Wibbs had a great post over in the Ideal Women thread about this.

Scratch the weekend off as a bit of fun, and best of luck with the others :cool:

haha, she texted me the following day inviting me out for 'extended birthday drinks'. I declined :p

I'm hardly an angel when it comes to this sort of stuff myself and I don't expect any girl to be beholden to me after a hook-up, but I wouldn't invite them to a party and then rub their nose in it either.

I'd just cut her out but she and another friend of mine are inseparable, so I'll just have to continue to maintain the ice cool exterior!

Women eh!!
    Cant live with em, cant live without em.
    In saying that, stay single for as long as you can !!

Women eh!!

Whens the wedding again?

:pac:

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »
    Whens the wedding again?

I'd forgotten about that :(:D

Women eh!!

3 years in & feeling emotionally numb! :pac:
    Knex. wrote: »
    Whens the wedding again?

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

@Pepe - that's ****! I want to hear all the details :D

First day back in work after a week off in sunny Spain and I'm wrecked. Feel like all the energy has been zapped out of me :(

Quiet enough week in here, eh? How's everyone?

Friday, y'all! :D

It's been quiet alright. I been studying for an exam tomorrow which I am going to perform poorly in :(. It is a CA for 15% so I am just gonna try and pick up as many marks as possible and cover the shortfall in the end of year exam. Really have not got my head into the studying this time around. World Cup isn't helping :pac:

Just picked up the future Mrs Slattsy's engagement ring.

Will kiss other men for money. Tongue and all like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Just picked up the future Mrs Slattsy's engagement ring.

Will kiss other men for money. Tongue and all like.

Kiss men eh?
    But whereeeeeeeeee?!!!!:pac::pac::pac:

Wherever you want sweetcheeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭BonsaiKitten

* backs away from thread*

• Advertisement

* backs away from thread*

Ah, I'm sure Slattsy would offer his services to you too, if you asked paid kindly enough.

Hope the States is going well for ya!

Advertisement