Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brandy and Cigars: Off topic thread

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

* backs away from thread*

Jeez shes alive!!! How's things the other side of the pond??

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Why the duck did I go on the rip last night knowing I had to move out of my gaff today? :(

Sweat rolling off me and my brain is throbbing like a bastard. Kill me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Oh god, there is nothing worse than having to do physical work when in a jocker, its just awful.

Where did you end up moving to?

If you dont mind answering of course!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Why the duck did I go on the rip last night knowing I had to move out of my gaff today? :(

Sweat rolling off me and my brain is throbbing like a bastard. Kill me.

Need a hand? I'm out in IFSC and doing nothing for the day.

Knex. wrote: »
    Need a hand? I'm out in IFSC and doing nothing for the day.
    Wow cheers for the offer man but I'm all done now anyway. Just sitting in an empty flat waiting for the landlord to show then have to kill a few hours until my pick-up arrives.

Would love to go lie down for a while but my bed has no sheets anymore :p

• Advertisement

Oh god, there is nothing worse than having to do physical work when in a jocker, its just awful.

Where did you end up moving to?

If you dont mind answering of course!
    Temple Bar \o/ /o/ /o\

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Will be in Oil Can Harry's for Brazil match if you're still about ;) although I will only get there at 5:20. Who organises an exam ending at 5pm during the world cup???

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Will be in Oil Can Harry's for Brazil match if you're still about ;) although I will only get there at 5:20. Who organises an exam ending at 5pm during the world cup???
    I'm getting picked up at about 5.30 so probably won't make it over. If they're delayed I'll swing by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Temple Bar \o/ /o/ /o\
    Jaysus, Temple Bar was a state yesterday. Paddy's day with 6 extra colours.

Quiet weekend. Been watching Glastonbury since Friday. And went for a few last night. With the buskers out in the street it was good craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭BonsaiKitten

Ah, I'm sure Slattsy would offer his services to you too, if you asked paid kindly enough.

:pac:

Hope the States is going well for ya!

Nah that's alright dude, I'll pass on that I think...
    Had placement, just finished that, paperwork to hand in to college and then I'm going. Finally :D

Hi paddy btw!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Nah that's alright dude, I'll pass on that I think...
    Had placement, just finished that, paperwork to hand in to college and then I'm going. Finally :D

Hi paddy btw!

Hullo :)

Nice one. I still maintain you're going to the wrong end of California though :P

A couple of friends posted up great photos on facebook last night, the temptation to book some flights to San Diego was strong. Saving sucks balls.

Staying with my bessie for 2 nights until I can move into the new gaff tomorrow. This morning I realised I'd forgotten to pack cuff-links, so my mate subbed me a pair.

il_570xN.190230150.jpg

Walking around the office with these on all day. Morto...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Back in Cork after the weekend in Dublin, had to stop in Kilkenny on the way for work & I've training when I finish up this evening so I'm expecting to be comatose tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I'm heading to the Slayer gig in the Academy tonight so am considering killing some time by having a few scoops in perhaps Cassidy's on Westmoreland St, anyone fancy joining me from around 6:30 to 8:15 or so?

I'm heading to the Slayer gig in the Academy tonight so am considering killing some time by having a few scoops in perhaps Cassidy's on Westmoreland St, anyone fancy joining me from around 6:30 to 8:15 or so?
    Love the Academy - enjoy the gig man!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Enjoy,wish I was going,I seen them in cork a few yrs ago and they were unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

So I'm on the bus to Dublin. Lovely quiet bus with seats that can recline all good, life is peachy kind of bus.
    Except for one guy....
    Every 30seconds on the button you hear the biggest, longest, mucus driven,
    guilty streece of a sniff out of him. It is absolutely disgusting.
    THERES A TOILET ON THE BUS!!!

Will ya ever go and blow it like your a cheap ass hooker FFS.

/rant.

Off over to Sonisphere festival, woooo!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Panthro wrote: »
    So I'm on the bus to Dublin. Lovely quiet bus with seats that can recline all good, life is peachy kind of bus.
    Except for one guy....
    Every 30seconds on the button you hear the biggest, longest, mucus driven,
    guilty streece of a sniff out of him. It is absolutely disgusting.
    THERES A TOILET ON THE BUS!!!

Will ya ever go and blow it like your a cheap ass hooker FFS.

/rant.

Off over to Sonisphere festival, woooo!!!

Enjoy,great lineup this yr.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Meeting recruiter this afternoon. I suppose I needed to show some interest eventually:pac:

• Advertisement

Meeting recruiter this afternoon. I suppose I needed to show some interest eventually:pac:

What type of job is it for?

Best of luck PR!

Who's playing that festival Pan-Dizzle?

D'Agger wrote: »
    Best of luck PR!

Who's playing that festival Pan-Dizzle?

http://sonisphere.co.uk/line-up-poster/

Don't get me started on recruiters... :mad:

Barna77 wrote: »
    Ah sure I know what to expect. This is a new crowd though so will give them the benefit of the doubt for the minute.
    ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    What type of job is it for?
    Tax/Accountancy

Barna77 wrote: »

They are worse than estate agents and that's saying something.. :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,603 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    They are worse than estate agents and that's saying something.. :mad:

Completely agree. I spent a year using them and they had no qualms whatsoever lying to me and prospective employers.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

It's Friday and the football is back after what feels like a month hiatus!!

Pints!

Listening to Bill Burrs podcast - had no idea he did one so I'm a happy camper at work, he just described somebody as 'looks like the result of Freddy Mercury fúcking Joseph Stalin' :D

How's everyone? Weekend plans?

• Advertisement

I listen to Burr's podcast sporadically. You get some gems, then others are just him talking plainly about the week he had. Still enjoyable moments even in those ones, though.

Was at his gig in Vicar Street in December, and he did a podcast when he got back saying how different, and enjoyable the Irish crowd were. There's snippets of it if you even youtube, "Bill Burr Irish", or something similar.

I listen to Burr's podcast sporadically. You get some gems, then others are just him talking plainly about the week he had. Still enjoyable moments even in those ones, though.

Was at his gig in Vicar Street in December, and he did a podcast when he got back saying how different, and enjoyable the Irish crowd were. There's snippets of it if you even youtube, "Bill Burr Irish", or something similar.
    His latest one is quite good anyway - he's on about EDM artists in Vegas earning a fortune and so on, very easy to listen to even if he's on about mundane shíte

Would definitely try go see him next time he's on our fair island

His latest one is quite good anyway - he's on about EDM artists in Vegas earning a fortune and so on, very easy to listen to even if he's on about mundane shíte

Would definitely try go see him next time he's on our fair island

I couldn't recommend it more. He's probably my favourite standup, closely followed by Jim Jefferies. Louis CK and, oddly, Kevin Bridges are up there for me as well.

Couldn't believe he came to Vicar Street, and for something like 30 quid a ticket. Its like the World Cup being played in your back garden :D

Happy 4th July from San Francisco!

Happy 4th July from San Francisco!

I hope your wasted!!

Come on z'Germans. And then Columbia for a nice wee double.

So happy to be off & home alone for the weekend!

Going to try Bikram yoga tomorrow morning - first time going to a yoga class, match Sunday morning then and I might pop to the Kerry vs. Cork match after depending on the weather :)

• Advertisement

Slattsy wrote: »
    I hope your wasted!!

Come on z'Germans. And then Columbia for a nice wee double.

It's 10am here :D
    All in good time...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

It's 10am here :D
    All in good time...
    It's 5 o'clock somewhere in the world ;):p

Did bikram yoga this morning lads, dear god it's tough! Sweat was pouring off me!

Had a good day since, got a haircut, nap and chilli burritos in :)

Dublin is fúcking freakingly small.
    Bordering on inbreeding...
    :mad:

I got lost driving around Dublin for an hour recently....small she aint, was trying to get from Ranelagh to Rathfarnam....ended up near Howth

Stupid satnav!

Oh also H'ON KERRY!! :D

• Advertisement

I'd get lost in parts of Dublin myself and im born and bred here.
    Dont beat yourself up!!

Great win for Kerry, serious rivalry between Kerry and The Dubs but i always want to see Kerry in Croke Park against Dublin more than any other team, athmosphere is amazing.
    That game last year. THAT GAME !! Wow.

I got lost driving around Dublin for an hour recently....small she aint, was trying to get from Ranelagh to Rathfarnam....ended up near Howth
    :eek:
    How the hell did that happen? Did the Luas scare you and you ran away?
    No magic roundabouts in Dublin... that I'm aware of :pac:

It was sat nav related - I was looking for Grange park and hit grange road or something - had no idea where I was going so going so took me a while to realise I was going in the wrong direction :pac:

How were all your weekends lads?

Grange Park is in Raheny. Are you sure you spelt Rathfarnham correctly in yous sat nav?:pac:

Grange Park is in Raheny. Are you sure you spelt Rathfarnham correctly in yous sat nav?:pac:
    Yera I never really know what I'm at to be honest :pac:

Bring on lunch, ich bin hungrig

So anyone going to Garth Brooks? Some cock up isn't it?

So anyone going to Garth Brooks? Some cock up isn't it?
    What's the latest? Are 3 gigs going ahead or all over?

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Last I heard was on the 2pm news on the way home. Apparently Peter Aiken (sp?) has left the country to go speak to Garth Brooks in person. Meanwhile the issue here is going to one the the higher up courts, but I'm not sure which.

I kind of have a bit of sympathy for the residents after being told one thing by the GAA and then the opposite happens in reality. Bit of a shambles though when they can announce a concert 'subject to license'. You would think that all the paperwork should be in place before they sell hundreds of thousands of tickets.

All 5 shows cancelled.

• Advertisement
Advertisement