Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brandy and Cigars: Off topic thread

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,603 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Finally got to 4096. It's a thing of beauty.

Damn you. I can hit 1,024 once in a blue moon.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

D'Agger wrote: »
    I have an idea of what you're talking about but I'm glad that it's just that :pac:

You travelling on Sunday?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Same as you I normally only get 512 or less though. Don't think I am very good at this game

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,603 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Same as you I normally only get 512 or less though. Don't think I am very good at this game

That definitely makes 2 of us.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

keane2097 wrote: »
    You travelling on Sunday?
    Nah, moving rooms in the house on Sunday/Monday so I'll catch it on TV I'd say

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Just keep the biggest number in the corner. You'll hit 1024 every time. Getting from 2048 to 4096 is hard though.

Just keep the biggest number in the corner. You'll hit 1024 every time. Getting from 2048 to 4096 is hard though.

Yeah I can get 2048 regularly but haven't managed to get a 4096 yet. Getting/keeping the biggest number in the top right corner is key.

Anybody here watch Luther?

Idris Elba is the man, next Bond hopefully

Anybody here watch Luther?

Idris Elba is the man, next Bond hopefully

I've heard very good things about it. It's on my list once I catch up with Hannibal.

• Advertisement

I've heard very good things about it. It's on my list once I catch up with Hannibal.
    TV shows thesedays are too good....they're making me afraid of the outside world!

TV shows thesedays are too good....they're making me afraid of the outside world!

I know what you mean. I find US broadcast legislation baffling. Perfectly fine having a serial killer push his thumbs through someone's eye sockets but showing boobs or saying "f*ck", that'd just be babylonian.

I know what you mean. I find US broadcast legislation baffling. Perfectly fine having a serial killer push his thumbs through someone's eye sockets but showing boobs or saying "f*ck", that'd just be babylonian.
    Breaking Bad just stopped short of giving me panic attacks :pac:

Breaking Bad just stopped short of giving me panic attacks :pac:

How do you mean?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Controversial I know but I gave up on Breaking Bad. I ordered Netflix specifically for it but got to around half way through season 2 and never went back to it. That was about 6 months ago. In general though I think TV is way ahead of cinema now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Controversial I know but I gave up on Breaking Bad. I ordered Netflix specifically for it but got to around half way through season 2 and never went back to it. That was about 6 months ago. In general though I think TV is way ahead of cinema now

Think I got a little bit into season 3, myself.

• Advertisement

Season 2 is very slow after
    Tuco's death.
    It's still well worth perservering mind. It wasn't until season 3 that I began to understand the hype.

Season 3 is a peak in TV history alright, still wouldn't put it close to the same level as The Wire or even Sopranos.

How do you mean?

The end of season 4 - the last few episodes anyway were just so tense I was freaking about what was going to go down!

I'd understand this - for me, Season 1 & 2 of Breaking Bad are only okay, there's nothing amazing there for me...Season 3 it picks up but Season 4 & 5 are some of the best TV I've ever seen tbh

It's a story - that builds gradually, every season being better than the last. Such a good show.

I always remind people before the watch the Wire for the first time that it's boring for 5/6 episodes & then just takes off - I know when I first started watching it I couldn't believe what people were telling me about how good it was - it seemed incredibly overhyped and BB could potentially suffer from that too

Season 3 is a peak in TV history alright, still wouldn't put it close to the same level as The Wire or even Sopranos.
    I'd have it as:

1) The Wire
    2) Breaking Bad
    3) The Sopranos

The Sopranos is incredibly simple which is what makes it such a good show, I tore through 4 seasons of it recently enough but I think the way Breaking Bad builds with every season is insane. The Wire - way ahead of its time and upped the standard for TV shows since imo

Ah now we're talking. The Wire is a classic. Must watch it again soon. That and Band of Brothers I think are the best TV shows of all time (other than STTNG obviously)

• Advertisement

Breaking Bad is the only one of the three I've finished, which proves its lower quality. If I really like something I never get to the end of it. (I'm sure there's a joke to be made there)

I never watched the Sopranos. I have seen episodes here and there but never from the start all the way through. Must see if I can get a box set. Not on Netflix unfortunately.

Ah now we're talking. The Wire is a classic. Must watch it again soon. That and Band of Brothers I think are the best TV shows of all time (other than STTNG obviously)
    Going to rewatch The Wire soon with one of my mates who hasn't seen it before so looking forward to that

Band of Brothers is amazing and the book is even better as a follow up. I recently looked into going for a jaunt to Nurburgring for a few laps and if I was to do it I'd try to get the ferry to Cherbourg, then drive up to Normandy to see the D-Day beaches, then onto Belgium to see Bastogne & then into Germany to the track before driving back

It'd be very tiring and you'd need time to cover it all, ideally I'd like to get to some German towns there too but it's alot of driving!

Never had the same love for Breaking Bad that I found with The Wire (greatest tv show ever, imo) and The Sopranos.

Also, would have found True Detective, albeit only after 1 season, far more entertaining and gripping than I ever found Breaking Bad.

Must give True Detective a spin at some stage alright

Must give True Detective a spin at some stage alright

Watched it all in two days. Sat down after work both nights and watched 4 shows the first, the other 4/5 the second.

I rarely ever, if at all, can do that. Found it gripping.

A lot of the stuff I drift off and think about, Matthew Mcconaughey's character discussed.

Its dark, but its awesome.

Is that all there is of it or more planned? A nice short series would be ideal...

Is that all there is of it or more planned? A nice short series would be ideal...

I do think there's more to come, alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Oz is the best show ever.

Oz is the best show ever.
    That's an oldie. It would definitely be up there alright. Alot of now familiar faces in it too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Oz is awesome. !

Season 4 of BB was a bit dry.

Anyone else affected by **** of Ireland fúck up?

And 5464.
    But a mate has reached a five figure number...

True Detective is unreal!

Season 4 of BB was dry :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

True Detective is the best show on TV ever!

Also. I may regret having this much stout by the time I wake up in the morning hee hee

Slattsy wrote: »
    True Detective is the best show on TV ever!

Also. I may regret having this much stout by the time I wake up in the morning hee hee

I'm still drunk
    Worth it though :D

Barna77 wrote: »
    Anyone else affected by **** of Ireland fúck up?

The what now!?

Barna77 wrote: »
    I'm still drunk
    Worth it though :D

Ger up ourra tha!

FINALLY!!

316739.jpg

FINALLY!!

316739.jpg
    I hate this game

This was a poor use of my morning. Had my boss been here, I doubt he'd be impressed.

• Advertisement

I was supposed to be off today....hoping to get home by lunchtime :(

Fúckin Office 365!

I was supposed to be off today....hoping to get home by lunchtime :(

Fúckin Office 365!

Ouch! Is it true that it's a subscription service now?

Ouch! Is it true that it's a subscription service now?
    Yup - makes licensing much easier to keep on top of so that you're not screwed for audits etc.

You purchase the license before you can activate a user on the portal. It's pretty cool though - 1TB free storage on OneDrive for all users and finally - we have Lync installed!

Yup - makes licensing much easier to keep on top of so that you're not screwed for audits etc.

You purchase the license before you can activate a user on the portal. It's pretty cool though - 1TB free storage on OneDrive for all users and finally - we have Lync installed!

Oh right. I was wary of having to pay €X a month for so many years as opposed to an up front transaction.

Oh right. I was wary of having to pay €X a month for so many years as opposed to an up front transaction.
    Well you have to pay for users as a subscription but I think you can go yearly - either way I prefer it this way - it means the company has to stay on top of licences & payment. Hopefully my days of tracking down who has what installed on the network re: Office are over. Should just be a case of going to the portal and generating reports on licenses used, how much is owed on that etc.

Well you have to pay for users as a subscription but I think you can go yearly - either way I prefer it this way - it means the company has to stay on top of licences & payment. Hopefully my days of tracking down who has what installed on the network re: Office are over. Should just be a case of going to the portal and generating reports on licenses used, how much is owed on that etc.

Nice one!

• Advertisement

It's gay pride here in Brighton tomorrow. I'm hoping to go and I've been told it's Babylonian. Should be interesting.

Just back from Indie festival. Fantastic weekend.

Fairly bate now, but totally worth it. Only sorry I can't go to Electric Picnic this year.

If I got 4 hours sleep last night I was lucky.
    Just couldn't settle, hate those nights.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Took me ages too. Kept waking up in a sweat too. Gross.

Been sleeping ok. Maybe doze off late, but then sleep like a baby all night long.

It's been a really bad tough week. Looking forward to a piss up tomorrow

• Advertisement
Advertisement