Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brandy and Cigars: Off topic thread

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,606 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

D'Agger wrote: »
    How're you all after the weekends gents/ladies?

Just booked my flights to the orient. The price went up by £60 as I was booking so not super pleased!

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Just booked my flights to the orient. The price went up by £60 as I was booking so not super pleased!

Still you are going to the Orient :) Where you going?

10 days until income tax deadline. The work keeps piling up

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,606 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Pawwed Rig wrote: »

Off to Japan (Tokyo, Kyoto, Hiroshima & Osaka if all goes well)!

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Does that deadline affect myself somehow and if so then how does one avoid this deadline?? :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Does that deadline affect myself somehow and if so then how does one avoid this deadline?? :)

File your Income tax return :P

File your Income tax return :P
    My what now? :pac:

In case anybody has missed it

Beers thread here

Poll closing tonight at some point so get voting if you're able to make it :)

Now every evening I collect my little boy from the creche. It is 2 miles from my work so I take the opportunity to get in a bit of exercise and run up there and then jog home (a further mile) pushing the buggy. Had a guy block me today with his bicycle on Fitzwilliam Street and berate me for how dangerous it is to run pushing a baby apparently I was sprinting like a 'mad lunatic'!!!
    Strange situations in Dublin :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

That's a bit odd alright. I'd hope how you run, child or not, is your business.

Went to see Interstellar - can give it a positive report. Picked up new CoD.

That's a bit odd alright. I'd hope how you run, child or not, is your business.

Went to see Interstellar - can give it a positive report. Picked up new CoD.

Nice one! Worth an IMAX ticket do you think?

• Advertisement

Good evening for you then TBO! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

:P

CoD seems fun so far, with Kevin Spacey. As for IMAX, I've only been twice and both times ended up with a headache on that day. Whether that's to do with the cinema, I'm not sure. Technically, the film is impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Im watching you....all of you >_>

Picking up Batlefield 4 for €17 this evening - gon' do me some shootin' :D

I need more games! Moar!
    But I already have a silly amount to get through.... Ohhh such dilemma!

I need more games! Moar!
    But I already have a silly amount to get through.... Ohhh such dilemma!

What ones you looking to start Chinny?

What ones you looking to start Chinny?

Jesus don't get me started on my backlog. At last count there's about 35 games on it :o
    And I'm getting a 3DS for Christmas so you can add a minimum of 15 more straight onto that :pac:

€17 is good value. I should probably sell a few old ones I have before buying more new stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I have a 360 but havnt played in months.

I have Final Fantasy 1 & 4 on my Phone.

Getting a Kindle Fire off burd for Christmas so going to download Final Fantasy 5 for that. My interest in gaming has waned exponentially in the last 5 or 6 years, aside from FF.

Happy Friday beatches.

• Advertisement

Final Fantasy has been around for years, hasn't it?

Almost finished CoD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Yep, think it was on the original Nes.

1,2,3 on the Nes
    4,5,6 on the SNES but they were 2,3,4 in the US since 2 & 3 were never released.....Strange folk :pac:

Battlefield 4 is good craic...if not completely ridiculous with regard to missions and what happens in them - I miss the simplicity of Medal of Honour tbh

I was hungover Saturday so spent a huge chunk of the day listening to music while browsing on the tablet, watching the below documentary series which is a great advertisement for Ireland and surfing in Ireland imo - young fella looking to grow a garden from scratch in an effort to becoming more self sustaining - meets some good characters on the way & features some brilliant Irish music - my buddies band being featured was how I came across it

Also got a KCs - Chimichanga and pineapple fritters ;)

I finished CoD. I'll spoiler this. Like all
    good bad guys, Kevin Spacey says 'I could kill you now, but I won't.'

Medal of Honour was great, including the soundtrack. I'd like to do DIY grow veg if I had some space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I never played the missions on CoD, went straight to multiplayer online :D

Never liked Battlefields, found them boring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Best shooter I played in the last 5 or 6 years without a doubt was Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (to give it the full title). Great fun, and the customization on the guns was class. Everything got a silencer. :pac:

I like Ghost Recon, was that the one where you had a team, and you could basically send them to their slaughter and do all the donkey work?

The Tom Clancy's series is fun alright.

Any upcoming new games to be aware of?

Flights to Munich for my stag booked :D

Slattsy wrote: »
    Flights to Munich for my stag booked :D
    Very nice - hoping to book Berlin for February next week when I'm paid :)

• Advertisement

Berlin is class, one of the best cities i've been to. The history is spellbinding.

Berlin is class, one of the best cities i've been to. The history is spellbinding.

The holocaust museum there looks amazing!

Yeah it's a city steeped with history - obviously not an entirely happy one but I have always had a fascination with WWII - particularly Europe as it's been more romanticized, and yet, barring Amsterdam, I've seen very little of central Europe and it would be my first time in Germany

Really looking forward to taking in what promises to be a fantastic city - but also a great party town - loads to do so planning 4/5 days there!
    The holocaust museum there looks amazing!

Looks pretty cool from just glancing there - there's a really cool memorial to the victims of the holocaust in Boston - all then names in glass towers

Very nice - hoping to book Berlin for February next week when I'm paid :)

It will take your breath away

That's what I like to hear :)

Flights and accomodation in a really nice, central apartment is looking cheap enough at the moment - pretty much have everything lined up to get there just need to confirm numbers and arrange booking stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

That's what I like to hear :)

Flights and accomodation in a really nice, central apartment is looking cheap enough at the moment - pretty much have everything lined up to get there just need to confirm numbers and arrange booking stuff.

Germany is wunderschön. Enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Since the topic is on travelling... Anyone recommend places to go to in Asia? We were thinking Thailand, I'd love to visit Bali and maybe Cambodia. We're looking at 2 weeks off somewhere, maybe 1/2 countries. We popped into a travel agency and the lady quoted €2000 per person for flights and accomodation :o

*I know there is a travel section on boards, just looking for 2cents from TGC

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Bali and Thailand are nice spots. I went with the parents years ago, so I can't tell you what the prices were like, but to the best of my knowledge we stayed in a 5* in Thailand, and there's no way the folks would have forked out massive money for that. Not sure about the flights though. I can't remember a whole lot about Thailand to be honest, only passing through there on the way to other places.

Bali is a gorgeous country. Again, I think we stayed in a 5* for a few nights, then moved out to a nearby village and got a little condo-type place. I remember the kitchen and the sitting room had a roof over them, and the walls could be taken away (rolled up or moved to the side or something). The two bedrooms were in separate buildings, and each had an ensuite that had an open ceiling. There was also a pool. We were maybe 2mins walk from the beach, and you could walk up or down the beach to any number of restaurants.

Also, clothes are amazingly cheap. It cost dad something like €60 to get a suit and shirt custom made and fitted, so stock up! :pac:

MIN2511 wrote: »
    Since the topic is on travelling... Anyone recommend places to go to in Asia? We were thinking Thailand, I'd love to visit Bali and maybe Cambodia. We're looking at 2 weeks off somewhere, maybe 1/2 countries. We popped into a travel agency and the lady quoted €2000 per person for flights and accomodation :o

*I know there is a travel section on boards, just looking for 2cents from TGC

It depends what you are looking for. Are you a backpacker who likes seeing amazing sites, do you want to lie on a beach for the whole time, do you snorkel/dive, do you want to see wildlife or would you like to visit a country with the nuttiest leader in the world?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Kev.OC wrote: »
    Bali and Thailand are nice spots. I went with the parents years ago, so I can't tell you what the prices were like, but to the best of my knowledge we stayed in a 5* in Thailand, and there's no way the folks would have forked out massive money for that. Not sure about the flights though. I can't remember a whole lot about Thailand to be honest, only passing through there on the way to other places.

Bali is a gorgeous country. Again, I think we stayed in a 5* for a few nights, then moved out to a nearby village and got a little condo-type place. I remember the kitchen and the sitting room had a roof over them, and the walls could be taken away (rolled up or moved to the side or something). The two bedrooms were in separate buildings, and each had an ensuite that had an open ceiling. There was also a pool. We were maybe 2mins walk from the beach, and you could walk up or down the beach to any number of restaurants.

Also, clothes are amazingly cheap. It cost dad something like €60 to get a suit and shirt custom made and fitted, so stock up! :pac:

Jaysus! That's a good price!!! We reckon it'll be cheap when we get there but the travel agent quoted €2,000 - €2,500 per person at a minimum. This is for two weeks holidays...
    It depends what you are looking for. Are you a backpacker who likes seeing amazing sites, do you want to lie on a beach for the whole time, do you snorkel/dive, do you want to see wildlife or would you like to visit a country with the nuttiest leader in the world?

Not a back packer, we would like to see amazing sites and also lie on the beach, and we would love to see some wildlife as well.

Thanks guys, thanks for responding. We were not expecting the 2 grand price each for a holiday, and were hoping to do Thailand/Bali for cheaper!

• Advertisement

Cambodia and Thailand would probably be best then. Phnom Penh to Ankor Wat onto Bangkok then head north to Chang Mai for wildlife or south to the islands for beaches and sub aqua wild life.

Took the day off work, was quite the weekend.

Watching the following movies:
    Home Alone
    Independence Day
    Predator
    Top Gun

:)

Took the day off work, was quite the weekend.

Watching the following movies:
    Home Alone
    Independence Day
    Predator
    Top Gun

:)

Try not to die of a cheese overload Slattsy :D

Saw Independence Day recently - the scene with Will Smith 'landing' in his parachute after ejecting from his plane is hilarious - legs shattered!

What happened to Macaulay Culkin anyway?

Top Gun I don't think I've seen all the way through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Reminded me of this :D

Morning all........................chilly one

Chilly for June alright

Morrow o/

Didnt he start a band? A really bad one? With a penchant for arriving on stage really late - then storming off after one or two songs if the audience were not reverent enough for his liking?

Watched loads of Jerry Seinfelds 'Comedians in cars getting coffee' last night with a big bag o' popcorn and a mug of tea

Seriously can't get enough of it - would recommend giving it a watch

• Advertisement

I put the Christmas tree up last night. Roll on the holidays from work

Advertisement