Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brandy and Cigars: Off topic thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Rogan?

I'm a fan - anybody who starts doing stand up at 13 and works at his passion as much as he has deserves a bit of credit. 50/50 is probably one of his lesser known roles and it's my favourite movie, he's quite good in it. I could be wrong but I think himself and his buddy started writing Superbad at 13/14 also which is nuts!

I can understand people not liking the guy, he is very goofy, but overall I think he's a talented, driven guy who's made some really good stuff.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I heard him on the Bill Maher show recently and I believe spoke about dementia in front of the US Senate. Don't know much else about him, apart from that he's around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

D'Agger wrote: »
    Rogan?

I'm a fan - anybody who starts doing stand up at 13 and works at his passion as much as he has deserves a bit of credit. 50/50 is probably one of his lesser known roles and it's my favourite movie, he's quite good in it. I could be wrong but I think himself and his buddy started writing Superbad at 13/14 also which is nuts!

I can understand people not liking the guy, he is very goofy, but overall I think he's a talented, driven guy who's made some really good stuff.

I have to agree, D'agg. I am not his biggest fan. Some of his stuff drives me up the friggin' wall. But he is, as you said, talented, driven and passionate. I think his finest turn was as the wise-cracking cop in "Superbad". He is a good laugh at times, but I think the weed jokes and all that stoner stuff is overplayed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,606 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Lads, the HD version of the original Sherlock Holmes film (with Robert Downey Jr.) is free on Google Play.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭BonsaiKitten

Was sitting exams today and this happened. Gotta love college!

10857790_1022182534474924_7759353324192377666_n.jpg?oh=701016711bc42e3cc739033222e54194&oe=55375599

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Second interview on its way.
    Woohoo!

Well done Barna! :)

BK....dafuq? Was an explanation given to anybody who asked? Or did you all just take it in your stride?

Had training this morning, I'm still woefully unfit but glad to have 3 sessions done before January, hoping to keep pounding at the rock over the next 2 months, should have me in good stead with a bit of luck :)

Any big weekend plans by anybody?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Yes. I had a very tough week of work which has now ended. I plan on getting extremely intoxicated tonight and making an absolute fool of myself. Hopefully I will be taken home by the local constabulary, just to round off the evening. Good day.

Yes. I had a very tough week of work which has now ended. I plan on getting extremely intoxicated tonight and making an absolute fool of myself. Hopefully I will be taken home by the local constabulary, just to round off the evening. Good day.
    Pondering popping into the city myself TM, a few Hendricks gins would go down a treat I'd say :)

• Advertisement

Just had a slap up meal in the aunt's house. I'm going to seriously chill for the rest of the evening, not stirring out.

Have some good-time shenanigans planned for the next few days, so I'm taking it nice and easy tonight. :)

Hope you all have a good weekend, whatever happens. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Am I the only one working today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Pawwed Rig wrote: »

Nope. In too :(

Me three

Technically we're on holidays though seeing as we're all doing nothing right? No? Just me?? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Me three

Technically we're on holidays though seeing as we're all doing nothing right? No? Just me?? :o

Absolutely nothing is getting done today.
    So far we're in a rap mentality.

Currently playing - Xzibit

Absolutely nothing is getting done today.
    So far we're in a rap mentality.

Currently playing - Xzibit

Fantastic!! :D

I'm listening to this lil'diddy

Watched Gone Girl last night....holy crazy!! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Me three

Good. Misery loves company. Huge pressure to get a payment out today so one of the clients can get their annual bonus. It is out of my hands though I will be blamed if it doesn't materialise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I have one meeting at lunchtime that's going to be a nightmare but after that I think I'll probably be wrapping up pretty quickly.

keane2097 wrote: »
    I have one meeting at lunchtime that's going to be a nightmare but after that I think I'll probably be wrapping up pretty quickly.

Festive pun fully intended I hope :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Working today and tomorrow. Dashing through a few policies, some of them are crackers. Like some of us...

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Also worked today and working tomorrow. And back on Friday the 2nd. No rest for the wicked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

In until Christmas eve, will knock off at 2ish though. Generally good craic in work though. Irish coffee's for breakfast :)

Only working 1 day over Christmas back in on 31st and then i've a wedding on the 2nd Jan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

I need to take refuge here for a while.....

Just sat down with my youngest who is watching TV (MTV Hits) and I found myself tapping along to the music as we chatted, imagine my surprise to find out it was 1Direction....:eek:

Still in shock.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I need to take refuge here for a while.....

Just sat down with my youngest who is watching TV (MTV Hits) and I found myself tapping along to the music as we chatted, imagine my surprise to find out it was 1Direction....:eek:

Still in shock.....

atermSub210h.jpg

:pac:

In tomorrow til about 12 then finished, back in 29th and 30th, heading to Wexford for a mates 30th on the 31st and am off on the 2nd so its not too bad.

I trust BC goes around saying I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle. :pac:

Finished work, except for a few hours on Christmas Eve. Bring it on, baby!

Also, I might have a date arranged for the 27th. First time I'd be properly going out to see a girl in like over a year, so please wish me luck and please let me not f*ck it up. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

JaseHeath wrote: »
    Finished work, except for a few hours on Christmas Eve. Bring it on, baby!

Also, I might have a date arranged for the 27th. First time I'd be properly going out to see a girl in like over a year, so please wish me luck and please let me not f*ck it up. :o

You don't need luck, you'll be grand. The way to look at it is that she's a lucky girl to end your dating dry spell.

Kev.OC wrote: »
    You don't need luck, you'll be grand. The way to look at it is that she's a lucky girl to end your dating dry spell.

Aw, thanks, man! I really like her too, so I'm hoping that it goes well. Think I'm building it up a bit in my own head, but we're already on good terms.

Keep the fingers crossed! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I trust BC goes around saying I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle. :pac:

And that line never seems to work for him.

In until we're told to leave on Wednesday. Though I always seem to be too busy to get away. Hopefully won't be the case this year.
    Then back on the 5th.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Kev.OC wrote: »
    This + 1000

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Thanks, lads! It's really making me calm down a bit now. I just really like this girl and thanks to a dating dry-spell and another kind of dry-spell too, I'm just so nervous.

Over a year since any kind of a date, and creeping up on six months since any kind of Carnal Knowledge with another person. :o

• Advertisement

Relax and enjoy it Jase

Last day at work until Jan 5th!!!!!!! :D Love it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Relax and enjoy it Jase

Last day at work until Jan 5th!!!!!!! :D Love it

Same, thanks be ta Jaysus!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Hi lads dont usually post here but anyway. Lately i have taken a shine to Brandy, Hennessy to be precise. In just wondering are there any other brands out there that any of you would recommend?

Cheers

Tic Toc Tic Toc Tic Toc Tic Toc Tic Toc Tic Toc Tic Toc Tic Toc Tic

Nearly there ......................

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭BonsaiKitten

Well done Barna! :)

BK....dafuq? Was an explanation given to anybody who asked? Or did you all just take it in your stride?

No, the staff running it didn't have a clue why it was there...sums up that college in a nutshell :p

I haven't gotten off the couch all day. It's been a good day!

Re-living my childhood a bit, but a friend of mine bought me the complete collection of Batman: The Animated Series for Christmas. I'm stunned at how well it has aged (it made its debut in 1992) and at how actually awesome it is! The intro scene alone is just amazing:

And, of course, this is the origin of the most epic of epic superhero lines:

"I am vengeance! I am the night!!! I AM BATMAN!!!"

What better time to relive your childhood than Christmas?! :D

Oh yeah, I remember that. That's Danny Elfman's theme, right?

Oh yeah, I remember that. That's Danny Elfman's theme, right?

Aw, man. I was ADDICTED to that show when I was about 5 or 6. Imagine the hissy fit I had when I got to see the Michael Keaton films? My all time favourite superhero. For sure.

And yeah, Danny Elfman's amazing music brought not only this series to life, but two of the films as well!

While I love Hans Zimmers' new music for the Nolan Trilogy, I much prefer the orchestral Elfman music.

akelly02 wrote: »
    Hi lads dont usually post here but anyway. Lately i have taken a shine to Brandy, Hennessy to be precise. In just wondering are there any other brands out there that any of you would recommend?

Cheers

If you can find one called Fundador it is meant to be nice. not a big spirits fan though

• Advertisement

For all the regulars and semi regulars and irregulars, lurkers, stalkers and even the trolls and re regs

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

332639.jpg

Merry Christmas lads, hope you all have a great/sober one ;)

Just home, I'm going to curl up on the sofa for the night, listening to music and/or watching films. Might venture out later for a bit or go to mass with the family, but the way I'm feeling right now I think there is little to no chance of that.

Merry Christmas to all of you, you wonderful and sexy people! :D

Bate on the couch after a Christmas eve and Christmas morning full of alcoholic beverages - fed now and about to fall into a long and blissful slumber :)

Happy Christmas y'all!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Happy Christmas gents.

Happy Christmas gents.
    Happy Stephens Day Pepe! :pac:

Stuffed from food again, Sauna, steam & jacuzzi helped....town for drinks now will bring me back to square one :)

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Happy Stephens Day Pepe! :pac:

Stuffed from food again, Sauna, steam & jacuzzi helped....town for drinks now will bring me back to square one :)
    Christmas is more than a day now :p

I'm in France so it's all booze, food and fires. Just watched 71, I thought it was really good although it was pretty distracting constantly recognising the actors in it.

Going for a late lunch tomorrow and then meeting up to go out on New Years Eve!!! I must have done something right!!! I'm walking on air! :D

A gentleman should never kiss and tell, but I did get a goodnight kiss. And it was awesome! :D

Well, I dragged myself out of bed this morning at 7. Showered and shaved. Went out to find the car fully frozen over. Grumbling and griping, I returned to the house to get some warm water to get the ice off. Struggled into work at 10 kph (more or less) over abandoned, ice-covered roads. Get in to work. Everyone looks at me like I've 3 heads. I'm not meant to be in today. :P

What a f*cking eejit I really am! :o

Plus side: I was able to get a nice, hearty and warming breakfast, I've tomorrow off (I discovered today) and I'm now just going to chill (not literally) for the day and enjoy the idea that I've two extra days off for the Christmas holidays than I realised! :D

I've no idea what day of the week it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Slattsy wrote: »
    I've no idea what day of the week it is.

Join the club...its like a 10 day weekend

• Advertisement
Advertisement