Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brandy and Cigars: Off topic thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

I think head has finally won over heart. Much as I want to get back up on a bike, I can't justify buying one with the old corolla sitting outside. Only thing I've to figure out now is what to buy. Currently stuck between a 3-Series and a Passat CC...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Slattsy wrote: »
    I've no idea what day of the week it is.
    I hear you.

Back in Dublin after a two week food and booze fest.

Let the hunger games begin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I reckon I've put on a stone since the festivities began on December 1st.
    Hardly went to gym, didn't play any footie. Just aeting and drinking. Ridiculous.

Detox next week anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Hardly went to gym, didn't play any footie. Just aeting and drinking. Ridiculous.

Detox next week anyone?

Definitely. Hard work begins next monday

....kill me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

Detox next week anyone?

Absolutely. I think I've even noticed the startings of a bit of a gut. :( Way too many sweets and rich meals.

But it ain't over for me yet. I think the proper beginnings of it will be the 2nd of January. Get back into the regime!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Detox next week anyone?

Chalk it down. There is a stone of excess body mass to be burned off before February. The spartan lifestyle begins tomorrow.

THISISSPARTA!.jpg?1308748164

Haven't faced the scales yet....

Barna77 wrote: »

I have. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Barna77 wrote: »

Think i'll wait til I exercise a bit before braving the scales. Might stay off the beer now for a month. Always a good idea in january

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Happy New Year all.

I signed up for an Operation Transformation type thing that starts on the 12th. Beginning to regret it now

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 Radon Alien

JaseHeath wrote: »
    I have. :(

This is how I feel. The walking starts tomorrow.

This is how I feel. The walking starts tomorrow.

I'm de-mothballing my stationary bike tomorrow afternoon when I get in from work. Gonna hit it like a motherf*cker. I need it. Plus, walking. Walking is always good. My doggie makes me walk a lot! :D

He'll be my exercise buddy! :D

So 2015 is getting off to a good start. With any luck I'l be flying dad and myself to the southeast of England at the end of the month to look at, buy and drive home a new car for myself. Then moving in with the girlfriend in early February.

How was the weekend for everyone? Ready for work tomorrow?

Often thought about going to UK for a car. Sterling rate isnt what it used to be so less value there now.

However you'll get better specs, they tend to look after their cars better and the roads are better so cars in decent condition.

One point worth noting, xenon's are not standard in the UK like they are on cars here, so just be wary if you're looking at something like an Audi.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

We'll be requesting making use of your private pilot licence, Kev. ;) Safe travels.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Often thought about going to UK for a car. Sterling rate isnt what it used to be so less value there now.

I have done it a couple of times because there are more options available there. I don't think it turned out any cheaper really. Euro is going to be in the doldrums for a while so there won't be much value there for a good while.

Back to work after what seems like an endless break. I needed routine back, sleeping pattern was all over the place. But that bloody alarm... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Work ugh. OTher stuff. Ugh

Did check scales though. I think im lighter :/

I'm borderline suicidal lads.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

The work trousers were definitely a bit tighter than they were before the 2 weeks off.

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    The work trousers were definitely a bit tighter than they were before the 2 weeks off.

Snap. Elasticated waist on my M&S trousers thankfully lol

I literally didn't get to sleep until 5am. Back up at 7. I'm in pieces here. My sleeping pattern is shot to ribbons and I'm crawling around the place like a turtle on dope.

I need to get home and get food into me or I'll keel over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Didn't sleep a wink last night. Went to bed early and all, and ten hours later was still staring at my ceiling. Never happened to me before.

As much as I love it over here in Austin, think I might have to come home soon for a variety of reasons, including work, women, and family member's health.

Have enjoyed my time and experience here, but I don't think I'll regret moving back too much either. The lads I moved with won't be happy, but you can't please everybody, I suppose.

Was all of this going around in my head, I imagine, that stopped me from sleeping!

How's everyone else? Been a while since I posted here, but was still checking it from time to time :)

We were all insomniacs last night by the sounds of it. I have a massive assignment due in tonight so I had to pull an all nighter. Went to bed at 4 to try and get a couple of hours sleep before work but junior wasn't having that :pac:. Have at least another 10 pages to write before midnight tonight to get it submitted on time.

Ah Austin. What a city

I'm a really poor sleeper anyway. 5 hours a night is the most I'll get, even if I've been on the sauce. My body just hates me at this stage and I can never get a decent night's kip, even a Sunday morning lie-in is a no-no for me. Gives me more time to do things, I suppose, but I'd love to hit the hay for a good 8/9 hours some time.

I prefer Dallas, btw. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I used to be a severe insomniac. Like most nights I used to go bed at 10.30pm and finally fall asleep at about 3am. Then I was up at 6.30 again the next morning. I found exercising( you have to stop an hour before sleep) and watching **** TV helped me go sleep. For **** TV I mean something on E, like keeping up with the kardashians or sex and the city. Something that mildly bores you and involves zero thinking is the ideal thing to watch

Another bad sleeper here. I gave up on sleeping pills as they made me drowsy the following day.

Gym and scales weren't that bad.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Not much sleep last night. Boo.

Just noticed Sauve closed her account. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Weighed myself this morning. Ouch. I saw numbers I've never seen in my life on a scales. No more chocolates or beer for me

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,606 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

We were all insomniacs last night by the sounds of it. I have a massive assignment due in tonight so I had to pull an all nighter. Went to bed at 4 to try and get a couple of hours sleep before work but junior wasn't having that :pac:. Have at least another 10 pages to write before midnight tonight to get it submitted on time.

I couldn't sleep either which exasperated my cold meaning I had to take a sick day yesterday.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Just noticed Sauve closed her account. :(

Very sad news TBO, great poster and a brilliant mod :(

Job not as secure as I thought it was. I'm employed til the month and after that it's anyone's guess. Bye bye Beemer, we would have been great together.

On the bright side, humpday! :)

Anyone have anything planned for the weekend?

That's a shame.

I'm doing a photography course at the weekend. Looking forward to it. Must charge up the camera. :cool:

2 days trying to drill 6 holes.

#hate DIY
    #hate shops that close on Saturdays
    #hate cordless drills

2 days trying to drill 6 holes.

#hate DIY
    #hate shops that close on Saturdays
    #hate cordless drills

Whenever I try my hand at DIY, I'm always reminded of the episode of Frasier called "Seat Of Power". Fraiser and Niles make an abortive attempt to fix a toilet, resulting in disaster and are forced to call in the professionals.

"The plumber's been called, the wine is properly chilled; suddenly my world makes sense again!"

"We tampered with the natural order of things. But now order has been restored. By hiring a plumber, that plumber can afford, say, a Dolly Parton album. Miss Parton can then finance a national tour, which will of course come to Seattle, allowing some local promoter to make enough money to send his cross-dressing teenage son to us for $150 an hour therapy. To the 'Circle of Life'."

Added joy of that episode was the guest starring roles of John C. McGinley (Dr. Cox) and Mike Starr as the Kriezel Brother plumbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Real shame to see Sauve's gone.
    Sauve...if you're reading this.....you still owe me five bucks!
    Oh, and sorry to see ya go!

Fella's - with this dose of manflu i have (possibly Ebola) and my common bouts of insomnia.. the aul bags under my eyes are looking a bit ropey !!
    Any decent eye creams out there that will put a bit of life back into them? I look wrecked :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Fella's - with this dose of manflu i have (possibly Ebola) and my common bouts of insomnia.. the aul bags under my eyes are looking a bit ropey !!
    Any decent eye creams out there that will put a bit of life back into them? I look wrecked :)

Would also be interested in knowing this. I commonly look a couple of decisions away from being a heroin addict.

I'm an advocate of almond oil - may not be what people are looking for regarding rejuvenating tired eyes but it's very good for your skin from what I've read.

Basically you'd shower and rub a tiny amount into your face and hair, leave it in overnight then shower the next morning - for your hair really as it can be greasy looking even after a small amount.

I've noticed that my skin seems smoother from using it a bit and where you'd most notice it is in your stubble - noticeable difference in softness the next day.

You can pick up a bottle of it in boots for less than €3/4 and it'll last ages due to the small amount required.

How was the weekend for you all?

Played and won our first match of the year yesterday, had a few guinness and a few Hendricks gins last night to celebrate, hadn't drank since new years so tasted sweet :)

• Advertisement

Study and football summed up my weekend. Had 3 pints while watching the Arsenal City match. Wasn't right after it #completelightweightwhenitcomestodrinkin

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Worked all weekend, same as the last. Hopefully I'll get a day off next time!

Don't mind it too much though as I'd a good break over Christmas.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I did squeeze in a 2 hour driving lesson though.

Got insurance sorted for Melisandre today, so I'll get to drive her for the first time on Saturday, woot! :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,606 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I'm still at work. My analysis machine has just been upgraded and now it hates me.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

I'm still at work. My analysis machine has just been upgraded and now it hates me.
    You just need to tame it is all, eventually it will respect you!

D'Agger wrote: »
    You just need to tame it is all, eventually it will respect you!

I've tried shouting at it. My boss overheard me once and thought something was wrong. Someone else thought I'd gotten acid in my face.

I've tried shouting at it. My boss overheard me once and thought something was wrong. Someone else thought I'd gotten acid in my face.

Dafuq is that machine made of?? :eek:

Really enjoyed the Liverpool game last night, training tonight now, it's gon' be cooooooold!!

D'Agger wrote: »
    Dafuq is that machine made of?? :eek:

Really enjoyed the Liverpool game last night, training tonight now, it's gon' be cooooooold!!

Oh, there was no actual acid. I can be extremely loud.

Oh, there was no actual acid. I can be extremely loud.

Gutted, you could have been all like

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

That would have been nice. Most of the stuff in the lab would either kill me or give me cancer.

Advertisement