Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brandy and Cigars: Off topic thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Any project lads out there that have done Six Sigma ?
    Yellow Belt done. Green belt next week. Dreading it !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Haven't done them myself, closest I'll come is looking into ITIL this year, that and a security cert, must really get on that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Slattsy wrote: »
    Does signing up for them and dropping out last minute count? I've done the introduction, I moved roles just before the course and dropped out on the day.

Good luck dude! It's brilliant on the CV

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Morning all. How was the weekends?

Actually got to see the beginnings of daylight this morning on my walk to work

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Morning all. How was the weekends?

Actually got to see the beginnings of daylight this morning on my walk to work
    Had a good one, involved training, a match, topping up my nespresso war chest, Guardians of the Galaxy and finished last night with venturing to the city to see two buddies put on a really good gig. Good company and finished with a KCs!

Didn't get to bed until 3am though so I'm fairly bate this morning :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Was out in Howth on Saturday morning with some of the folks from the Photography forum. :) Good times. Am very much a novice.

Good to leave the office when it's not fully dark, either.

Well **** me sideways.
    Been asked to save 100k a year as my prerequisite to getting Green Belt Certified. Thanks Mr. Director guy !!!

Gonna have to look at FTE head count to get this over the line if i decide to push ahead with it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I am guessing that this is not some kind of martial art then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Well **** me sideways.
    Been asked to save 100k a year as my prerequisite to getting Green Belt Certified. Thanks Mr. Director guy !!!

Gonna have to look at FTE head count to get this over the line if i decide to push ahead with it.
    How much does your director earn....

Six sigma, not a martial art.

Taltos wrote: »
    How much does your director earn....

Six sigma, not a martial art.

You're out.
    I'm in.

Saves €€

Easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

I might be on the move again. Dreading it.

Where to Barna or do you know?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,606 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Barna77 wrote: »
    I might be on the move again. Dreading it.

Been there. I don't envy you.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

D'Agger wrote: »
    Where to Barna or do you know?
    Not sure, I'd like southside Dublin, near enough city centre. I'm supposed to get my paycut back this spring, so I'll wait to see what happens and what's out there.
    Been there. I don't envy you.
    I know. It's a nightmare :(

Aye, keep your options open anyway Barna, never hurts

I'm happy out at work for now, must look into certifications this year big time

Been using a software program / chrome extension called rescue time - graphically shows you where your time is spent daily i.e. on what sites & programs on your laptop/PC so you can assign levels of productivity to certain sites, similarly you can assign levels of distraction etc. - gives you an overall percentage of how productive you've been and you can graph this over days/weeks/months

Really cool tool!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,606 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Aye, keep your options open anyway Barna, never hurts

I'm happy out at work for now, must look into certifications this year big time

Been using a software program / chrome extension called rescue time - graphically shows you where your time is spent daily i.e. on what sites & programs on your laptop/PC so you can assign levels of productivity to certain sites, similarly you can assign levels of distraction etc. - gives you an overall percentage of how productive you've been and you can graph this over days/weeks/months

Really cool tool!

I do not like the sound of this at all.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

I do not like the sound of this at all.
    You can pause it and set it for a certain time so you can take an hour off if you want to browse boards and stuff, but the idea is if you need to get something done, this will help show you where you spent your time and where you can save time etc.

boards nearly broke the graph the first day I used it :pac:

Well, a miserable day has turned out pretty well.

A friend may have a spare room in a couple of months. :)

And I'm getting a visitor for Paddy's weekend :D:D

I just saw a guy on adverts selling a phone for €890:eek:

Would someone seriosly pay that for a phone? The most I would consider is (absolute max) €200

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Would someone seriosly pay that for a phone? The most I would consider is (absolute max) €200

People have spent literally €1000 on the 128GB iPhone
    DaFuq...

• Advertisement

The thing's unlikely to see a second birthday. I just don't get this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Don't see the point of it either. I'll probably spend 300 on the one plus when I can afford it, but I adore that phone and see it as being worth it. Aside from that, nah.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I'm moving at the end of the month too. Second move in less than a year, pain in the hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

Is the f*cking thing gold-plated or something?

I get upgrades for nothing with Vodafone (for my private phone) and with 3 (for my work phone), so I never spend much (if anything for a phone).

The mother and father both have iPhones, as does the brother. I have to be the odd one out and stick to Samsung! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I bought my current phone second hand just over 2 years ago (iPhone 4) and it's never given any bother. Paid €200 for it and that's pretty much my limit for a phone, even a new one.

Is the f*cking thing gold-plated or something?

http://www.adverts.ie/apple/iphone-6-plus-silver-128gb/7284662

Price dropped to €880. He must have realised that €890 was unrealistic :pac:

http://www.adverts.ie/apple/iphone-6-plus-silver-128gb/7284662

Price dropped to €880. He must have realised that €890 was unrealistic :pac:

I refused to be impressed with a piece of technology that can't make a cup of tea much less pay most of a month's pay for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Add one more onto the moving list.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I have to be the odd one out and stick to Samsung! :D

*high fives*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

*high fives*

resized_stupid-meme-generator-who-s-awesome-we-re-awesome-b2c81f.jpg

:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 DazHeath

I also pretend to have a brother

*high five*

Have an iphone through work, thank fúck I don't have to pay for it because they're simply not worth the money - very restrictive, you can't tweak it and get it to work the way an android can

I no longer love my phone like I used to, it's calls, whatsapp and basic browsing

Still....can't really complain....a free phone is a free phone :pac:

Any craic for the weekend gents?

Wedding suit shopping tomorrow followed by a flitter of pints with my brother.

Have an iphone through work, thank fúck I don't have to pay for it because they're simply not worth the money - very restrictive, you can't tweak it and get it to work the way an android can

I no longer love my phone like I used to, it's calls, whatsapp and basic browsing

Still....can't really complain....a free phone is a free phone :pac:

My housemate said once that he pitied anyone without one. I pressed him on it and he just spouted the usual Apple apologist babble. I love the screens but that's where the appeal ends. You could probably have a nice week off in Eastern Europe for the price of one of those things.

• Advertisement

When is the big date again?

I'm on my pre marriage course today.

FML

Haha. Painful waste of a Saturday

FML
    Well Slattsy? Are you ready for marriage now?? :pac:

What's covered on those courses?

Load of bollox, but its done.
    Another box ticked.

• Advertisement

When is the big date again?

10th of July.

Got the groomsmen sorted yesterday and am 90% certain Im sorted too so happy days.

Goin back to one other place as they couldn't really see us yesterday but I think we are going to run with the above.

What's covered on those courses?

If you can imagine the advice you would give 2 17 year olds that were moving out of their Mammy and Daddys place for the first time to get married you will not be far off what is covered in these classes. We got away without doing one but most people (who get married in a church) will have to do it

Booked a trip to Austria.
    Austerity measures apply.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Odd situation on Dawson St. this evening. Some guy was on the ground, a few of us offered to help him up. Accepted initially, then rejected. Not sure why. He wasn't a junkie. Dunno.

Odd situation on Dawson St. this evening. Some guy was on the ground, a few of us offered to help him up. Accepted initially, then rejected. Not sure why. He wasn't a junkie. Dunno.

Panic attack? Certainly odd!
    Booked a trip to Austria.
    Austerity measures apply.

Where and when Barna?

Berlin tomorrow week for myself! Hup! :)

I'm not sure. As some other lad was helping him up he seemed to stop and say 'I'm just a bad person', at least that's what I think he said and I heard someone else saying that as we moved away. We were just a bunch of strangers who didn't know each other trying to help another stranger. Best not to judge, I guess.

Where and when Barna?

Berlin tomorrow week for myself! Hup! :)
    Nice one! Mates are going for a weekend in June, but I'm going to be very broke for a while :(

Ten days in late April. Actually it's more of a road trip all over the place. Vienna, cross to Germany (Munich and the Alps), and maybe Slovakia.

I'm not sure. As some other lad was helping him up he seemed to stop and say 'I'm just a bad person', at least that's what I think he said and I heard someone else saying that as we moved away. We were just a bunch of strangers who didn't know each other trying to help another stranger. Best not to judge, I guess.

Jesús...that's a bit weird alright but yeah, like you say, best not to judge!
    Nice one! Mates are going for a weekend in June, but I'm going to be very broke for a while :(

Ten days in late April. Actually it's more of a road trip all over the place. Vienna, cross to Germany (Munich and the Alps), and maybe Slovakia.

Ah man that sounds unreal, something I'd love to do is a mini European road trip except go via France to see Normandy and some of the WWII sights along the way to the ultimate goal - Nurburgring for a couple of laps then home!

Hoping to hit Iceland in April myself, that could be amazing....I'll be broke after though!

Hoping to hit Iceland in April myself, that could be amazing....I'll be broke after though!

Iceland's amazing. You'll love it.

Yeah, visiting the WWII sites would be good. Don't know enough about that period of history, tbh. Can't beat a decent road trip.

• Advertisement
Advertisement